Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiring High School coaches

A freind who is an Athletic Director at a small private school in the Lexington area needs to hire a Girls Varsity coach. The current coach had to pull out at the last minute. There are no weekend commitments, two practices and two games a week. Does anyone know where he could find someone at this short notice?

TIA

how do I spell relief:

C-U-J-O

Comment

Originally posted by Rolaids
      how do I spell relief:

C-U-J-O
      Cujo can't. Too far away.

Comment

Originally posted by Cujo
        how do I spell relief:

C-U-J-O
        More like he wants nothing to do with an upper middle class community.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
          how do I spell relief:

C-U-J-O

Nothing to do with it.

Comment

how do I spell relief:

C-U-J-O

Nothing to do with it.
            None of us buy that load of malarkey.

Comment

Are there any helpful replies? None if these replies address the original question. Is there a better forum to post in?
              Thanks.

Comment

how do I spell relief:

C-U-J-O

Nothing to do with it.
                None of us buy that load of malarkey.
                None? Yeah ohkeedokee........... I coached kids from Reading and from the burbs lots. Never had a problem with the kids. The parents are irrelevant in my world other than making sure the players have cleats and get back and forth from practice. Other than that the parents don't really matter much during the season. My expectation is that they stand on the sidelines and act like mature responsible adults and cheer good play on both sides and accept wins and losses with equal grace and humility. Tall order for some.

Comment

Originally posted by Guestl
                  Are there any helpful replies? None if these replies address the original question. Is there a better forum to post in?
                  Thanks.
                  I will ask around and PM you if something comes up. Tough time to find one though on short notice. If it were closer to NH I would consider it but it is simply too far.

Comment

Guestl - you might have better luck if people have a way to contact you - email of if you register people could pm

Comment

Originally posted by Guestl
                      Thanks.
                      How do you think you get to reach TS God status. This thread was about trying to find help for a girls high school soccer team. Without a coach. these kids are going to lose out. That seems more imporant then Cujo stuff.

Does anyone have an idea on how to help these kids?

Comment

Contact the clubs close by. They are listed on MAPLE and MASC web sites. Clubs that might have knowledge of some qualified coaches are (and this is very short list and omits lots of organizations) FCGB (Greater Boston Bolts), Stars, Inter-Bandits, and MPS.

Additionally contact the NSCAA state organization. Brian Kelley at NESS is the NH director of instruction.

Look on the MASC and MAPLE web sites and contact coaches for teams in the area. They might know some coaches.

Are there any college students who are alumni who would have some time? At some colleges, coaching might fulfill a community service and even be a work study job in the fall semester.

Call the MassYouth office. They might have some leads.

Register on this forum so more detailed information can be exchanged.

A sufficiently dedicated parent could handle the team. There might even be some siblings who could provide the technical and tactical expertise and the adult just does management and supervisory functions.

Comment

Calling MPS would be a great idea. They do work with a lot of HS already, but they are all full time coaches and the fall is their down time so somebody could be free. They also have a lot of ex college players who coach at their camps whaile playing in the W league.

Perhaps a few people will be willing to help, at least to get the team ready for their first game.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X