Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Club Nationals - U14 Results

For those of us U14 fans out there, here are some results from US Club Nationals in Virginia Beach, VA;

Day 1
    THUSC Sodium [OR] 0-3 Aresenal FC [CA]
    Century United FC Pittsburgh [PA] 0-3 FCX Black [IL]
    Sockers FC Chicago [IL] 2-0 Rochester FC [NY]
    Marin FC 96 Blue 5-1 FC Pittsburgh [PA]

Day 2
    THUSC Sodium [OR] 4-0 Century United FC Pittsburgh [PA]
    Aresenal FC [CA] 2-2 FCX Black [IL]
    Marin FC 96 Blue 3-0 Rochester FC [NY]
    Sockers FC Chicago [IL] 6-0 FC Pittsburgh [PA]

Aresenal FC [CA] - 4
    FCX Black [IL] - 4
    THUSC Sodium [OR] - 3
    Century United FC Pittsburgh [PA] - 0

Group B
    Marin FC 96 Blue - 6
    Sockers FC Chicago [IL] - 6
    FC Pittsburgh [PA] - 0
    Rochester FC [NY] - 0

Oregon still has an outside chance to win their group!

Cheers! :D

We may not all be U14 fans, but we most definitely are THUSC Sodium fans!!!

So what happened?!?!?!?!?!?!

Comment

SD- They only have one game a day. So this should be Day-3.

Comment

THUSC tied their last game 2-0. They were 1-1-1 for the event.
        I don't see them in the qualifying brackets for this weekend. They aren't going to be placed in gold without qualifying are they? They didn't even make it to semi's this year!!!!

Comment

If Sodium misses qualifiers, who cares. You would think OYSA would just push them through than to watch the team get placed in a lower division and walk over a bunch of other teams. Who wants that?
          Just because the team didn't make it to semis doesn't make them a lower division team, does it?

US National tourney proves otherwise. The California team that won it all was the only team Sodium lost to. CA beat 1- 0 win over the same team Sodium beat 4 -0. Both CA and Sodium tied that other team.
          Looking at scores it appears to be a great tournament for the team.
          Can't imagine by one loss from last season (everyone has bad games) that OYSA shall over look this team as nothing but a Gold team.

I mean really, who can make an arguement that the team is anything but less than that?

Comment

Why do we even have a qualifying tourney then? Just keep placing teams into the same divisions every year.
            There was no guaruntee they would have made it to gold. Again, that is why we do the qualifying tourney. It is okay to make exceptions for one team?
            I am sure during the U12 season, LO Extreme would have wanted to play gold but qualified in Silver. Your logic then would say, "they were gold the previous year, lets put them there again. They are not a lesser team because they qualified silver."
            THUSC has not earned gold. They should qualify this weekend and see what happens!

Comment

The logic of the last reply makes sense to me. What is the politics behind allowing one to make gold division this year when it has not happened in prior years? What is this telling the teams that did not qualify for gold? Do we tell them they do not know the right person in order to just be placed in a bracket they did not qualify for? Is this teaching the right morals to the players? I think not! This is demeaning to all the U-14 teams that played in the qualifying tournament. What is this teaching the THUSC U-14 girl players? That all you have to do is complaining and you get what you want? This is a very sad day for youth competitive soccer.

Comment

Who said anyone complained to get what they wanted? Twisted words indeed.
                If that was the case, Sodium would have already been allowed to the gold. Not the case. They must earn it, just like all the other teams.

Twisted words taken out of context. Demeaning? Who said they made it? They have to EARN it and have yet to play in qualifiers.

Don't get panties in a bundle over words taken out to context. Mellow!!

Comment

Not sure how they must earn it when they are not doing qualifying at all. They are not listed in the CQT brackets and we all know they were not in the PQT tournament.

So, How are they earning it?

Qualifications should be required, otherwise you set a precedent going forward that teams can skip qualifying if they were gold the year before. Several situations in the past have seen OYSA go to the other extreme in not allowing a team to change even though they were misplaced.

Several years back a state champion, had a PQT bracket of 3 gold teams from the previous year. They all tied each other except since the state chamption tied both games 1-1 and the others tied 0-0 they ended up in division 1. Needless to say it was a wasted fall season for them, and even midway through the season requested a league change and OYSA denied the request.

Bottom line is they should have had to do qualifying and no exceptions to this should have been made.

Comment

For the U15 girls teams... over the last few years, several teams placed lower than they should have. Last year, Harambee lost 1 game and ended up in Division 1. They didn't lose a game. They clearly should have been placed higher. The year before, WSA Explosion ended up Division 1 and walked all over everyone. FCSC Nemesis finished Silver and walked all over everyone. The year before, both Bend and Harambee finished Silver and walked all over everyone. Upsets happen every year with a variety of teams. Ya gotta win the games you're suppose to. My DD's team has been misplaced twice, but it was their own doing. It's nice to think they should be placed higher, but it's about earning thier place and they've not always done that.

Now, I'm simply talking about Qualifications, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                      Who said anyone complained to get what they wanted? Twisted words indeed.
                      If that was the case, Sodium would have already been allowed to the gold. Not the case. They must earn it, just like all the other teams.

Twisted words taken out of context. Demeaning? Who said they made it? They have to EARN it and have yet to play in qualifiers.

Don't get panties in a bundle over words taken out to context. Mellow!!
                      d

How are they going to earn it???????

They are not in either qualifying tourney (last weekends tourney was the gold and silver qualifers, THUSC was not there).This weeked, again, they are not listed. So please explain how it will be earned?

Comment

I'm new to the whole Oregon scene but here is how it was explained to me....

Sodium got invited to the National Tournament, talked to OYSA, and it was decided that THUSC could go to the tournament. Because they were playing the same weekend as the PQT's, they were given an automatic spot in Gold. Because OYSA was worried about perceived fairness issues, there will be 9 teams in Gold this year. 4 from last year's semis, 4 from this year's qualifiers, and THUSC.

Like I said, I am new to the politics, but if my DD was invited to play in a national tournament I would certainly like her to be able to go. I think OYSA decided to continue soccer participation at a higher level, still try to be fair to all the teams in Oregon. That's how I see it anyway.

I guess it could be seen as preferential treatment, but I would hope they would do it for any team that had that opportunity.

Comment

Sounds like this is being argued to death but from what I heard was the team decided to go to the tournament and really figured what happens, happens in the end with qualifiers. They didn't want to miss a opportunity to head to a national tournament.

I am not sure why this is such a big deal all of a sudden.
                          Is this suppose to be a big deal?

Comment

So from what I can tell, the 9 teams in Girls U-14 Gold this year will be:

LOSC Extreme
                            FC Portland Platinum
                            Oregon Rush
                            Southsound Hotspurs
                            United SA Hotshots
                            Eastside Arsenal
                            Sherwood Force
                            EMFC Magic
                            THUSC Sodium

Personally, I am looking forward to the season and wish Sodium the best of luck at Nationals.
                            If we are worried about the precedent, I guess it will be established as: If you are invited to play in a national tournament the same weekend as PQT's, we will give you an automatic bid.

(Yes, I have posted twice before as New Eastside Parent, but figured it was time I registered. :) )

Comment

Late to the party...

Oh man, I missed what this was all about from the get go! Now that I understand, I think OYSA did the right thing placing Sodium in the Gold Division. I don't know if they needed to make it a 9 team division or not, but based on their past, I think they deserve it. Haven't they won the State Cup 2 or 3 times already?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X