•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oregon GU15 Tryouts

Here is the tryout schedules that I could find:

ESUFC Sunderland- Gradin Sports Park
    Monday, August 10th: Tryout Fee $35; Club Fee $950.
    Session 1: 1:00pm - 2:30
    Session 2: 6:00pm - 7:30

FC Portland Marine- Liberty High School
    Monday, August 10: Tryout Fee $40; Club Fee $1250.
    Session 1: 9:00am - 10:30am
    Session 2: 3:00pm - 4:30pm
    Tuesday, August 11
    Session 3: 7:30pm -9 :00pm

LOSC Dynamite- Hazelia Field
    Monday, August 10
    Session 1: 5:15pm - 6:30pm
    Wednesday, August 12
    Session 2: 5:15pm - 6:30pm

Westside Metros Hamarbee: Tryout Fee $40, Club Fee $1090.
    Monday, August 10- THRPD
    Session 1: 5:00pm - 7:00pm
    Tuesday, August 11- Powerlines Park
    Session 2: 5:00pm - 6:30pm

THUSC Ireland: Tryout Fee $0, Club Fee $1075
    Monday, August 10
    Session 1: 6:00pm - 7:30pm Powerline Park
    Tuesday, August 11: TBD
    Session 2: 6:00pm - 7:30pm THRPD
    Tueseday, August 18 THRPD
    Session 3: 6:00pm- 7:30pm
    Please submit any corrections
    Last edited by eggy; 07-29-2009, 09:32 AM.

U15G Try-outs

THUSC doesn't charge a try-out fee.

Comment

Westside Metros club fee for U15 is $1090.

Comment

Oregon Rush - Buckingham Elementary
        Monday, Aug. 10th, Club Fees $1000
        Session- 4-5:30

Comment

Anyone want to break down, what the fees are used for:
          The normal stuff, 2 tournament, and part of the coaches travel pay.

Comment

Other tryout information

For those looking for options south of Salem and west of Bend, here are a couple more to consider:

FC Willamette
            Tryout fee: $65 ($15 tryout fee, $50 acceptance deposit)
            Club fees: $1135
            Session I: Monday, August 10th, 6:30-8, 32nd & Main field in Springfield
            Session II: Tuesday, August 11th, 6:30-8:00, Willamette Park, Corvallis

Also, Corvallis United Football Academy
            Tryout fee: $15
            Club fees: $850
            Session I: Monday, August 10th, 5:30-7:30, Crystal Lake Complex, Corvallis
            Session II: Monday, November 16th, Time and place TBD

Best of luck with HS, club and ODP tryouts, and hope everyone is staying cool!

Comment

Couple days to go, good luck to all the girls and boys may you get the team you want.
              We will know by Monday night. I think our club will be luck to get 2 teams at U15G this year and we had 3 last year.

Comment

Why ST? Is it just low turnout? What would you attribute that to?

Cheers :)

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure if Westside will have 2 teams or not this year. Not sure what happened with the B team, but they kind of disappeared this summer. Maybe they just didn't wanna pay/play tourney's this summer. Not really sure. Guess we'll see if they are back for tryouts.

Comment

SF2- I think it because they are going to High School and things change. Some girl don't want to be on a B team, because they were on the A team before the 2 clubs merged. And there is only one Club in town. It is to bad but I see it happening to clubs, when kids get to High School age they want other things.

Comment

Yeah, and kids who play multiple sports start to choose which sport they want to pursue and drop the other sports, as well. It's really too bad. Time will tell. We're just about to find out!

Comment

great info!!!

we are new to portland this summer. must say it is great to have a parent soccer community that is so involved and very helpful sharing information and advise. our daughter is u-15 and will be trying out for three different west-side portland teams this week.

questions/comments:

finances:
                        1) some teams charge to try-out, very nice. others do, which is fine. why?
                        2) what makes one club worth $300-400 more per year in fees than the other "core" clubs?
                        3) on average, how much should be put in the soccer budget for the year, in addition to the basic fee/tuition, i.e. for travel, tournaments, etc...

team selection-coaches:
                        1) from an earlier post, a big part of our daughter's choice will be based on the team's coach. any advice? we are familiar with some of them and hear great things about the thusc and westside (hamabrae?) coaches, unsure of lake oswego, and have heard some not-so-nice things about the fc-"a" coach. question: are we assured that the coaches will be in place for the entire year? and, will they continue with the girls through u16?

2) is there a way to determine during try-outs, who the likely girls will be to make a team? are they current players, new players......it would be nice to get an idea of what the "team dynamics" might be. hard question! (dumb question?) wondering if "team personality" will be somewhat apparent during try-outs.

lots of questions!! thanks for any advice!!!

Comment

Unregistered;177596]we are new to portland this summer. must say it is great to have a parent soccer community that is so involved and very helpful sharing information and advise. our daughter is u-15 and will be trying out for three different west-side portland teams this week.

questions/comments:

finances:
                          1) some teams charge to try-out, very nice. others do, which is fine. why?
                          2) what makes one club worth $300-400 more per year in fees than the other "core" clubs?
                          3) on average, how much should be put in the soccer budget for the year, in addition to the basic fee/tuition, i.e. for travel, tournaments, etc...

team selection-coaches:
                          1) from an earlier post, a big part of our daughter's choice will be based on the team's coach. any advice? we are familiar with some of them and hear great things about the thusc and westside (hamabrae?) coaches, unsure of lake oswego, and have heard some not-so-nice things about the fc-"a" coach. question: are we assured that the coaches will be in place for the entire year? and, will they continue with the girls through u16?

2) is there a way to determine during try-outs, who the likely girls will be to make a team? are they current players, new players......it would be nice to get an idea of what the "team dynamics" might be. hard question! (dumb question?) wondering if "team personality" will be somewhat apparent during try-outs.

lots of questions!! thanks for any advice!!!

Well I'm from Central Oregon- Thusc Club I don't know the club but Ireland was been the overall # 1 team in the State for the last 4 years. The girl on that team have been together for that long and maybe longer. A few have come and gone but not very many. They have done lots of traveling but have slow down a little on that part.
                          WSM- Is known for really good boys teams, the girls team has had some up and downs and gone through lots of coaches, I think they will be getting better as the years go on. They got a new coach so I don't know anything about him. FC Portland usually have good girls teams. I think that at this age group they are one of the top 7 teams in Oregon. And at this age there are 7 top teams in the state and the others are getting strong but are not quite there. But I don't know their coach and I believe most of the teams this year got new coaches.
                          LOSC also has go girls teams, they are also in the top 7. I don't know much about them. I was hoping someone would say something about their club or team. I would say there should be room on any of those teams.

The cost to me looked like they were all close to the same price. I don't I was to much help but maybe someone will comment on this for you. Good Luck to your daughter, and welcome to our forum and let us know where you are going and and where you are from.
                          Welcome again.

Comment

FC coach

I am unregistered. I like to read but don't write in. I have a boy with a club here in Portland and a girl in an FC team (not U15). I am wondering what you heard about the FC coach being not so nice. We have been with the club for 2 years and have never had an issue. He seems tough but never has seemed mean or unfair.

Comment

My understanding is there are two coaches for the FC girls U15 A team. One of them is a younger guy and the girls like him. The older guy was described as a "jerk". Just repeating what I heard.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X