Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think Twice before Sending your Daughter to play at Mary Washington

My daughter just finished playing her freshman year at the University of Mary Washington and has decided that she will not play again. The issue is with the bizarre behavior of the head coach CH - on and off the field! I am not going to go into the specifics, but the pattern of abuse has been prevalent for the past several seasons. I wish we had known about this prior to choosing Mary Washington. My daughter will continue to attend Mary Washington since it is a great small college with an outstanding reputation for academics - but is it a shame that this individual ruined my daughter's love of the game! Don't let this year's record (13-2-3) fool you! Their strength of schedule is a farce and the coach has avoided playing the area's best teams (VA Wesleyan, Christopher Newport, Messiah, Gettysburg...) for years and they have not made it to the NCAA tournament since 2009. Another telling sign is to look at the number of seniors on the 2011 and 2012 rosters - 4 for 2011 and 2 for 2012! We found out afterwards that there has been a mass exodus of players since CH began coaching.
    If you are thinking about playing soccer at Mary Washington, do your homework and talk to the current and former players before making a committment! Ask the coaching staff to explain why their team is always dominated by freshmen players and why they have so few seniors playing?
    Don't make the same mistake we did...

We know what you mean!

My daughters' club teams plays MWC often and beat them. My 16 y/o is looking at VA Tech, Clemson, WV and NC State. MWC is no where on her radar. I hope your daughter can still play soccer at a club (W-League or rec league) and be successful in her studies!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    Working...
    X