Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 Eastern MA All Stars

Taking the lead from Western MA... any names that should be here?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Taking the lead from Western MA... any names that should be here?
    Not having any this year due to DAP. All the best players are playing there.

Comment

Actually the very best ones got waivers. It will be interesting to see what the Globe and NSCAA does with the 10 month DAP kids.

Comment

Yes, the best players are playing in DAP.

Problem with your arguement is that the best DAP players are not playing for the Revs or Bolts. There are playing in other states.

This is a thread about Eastern MA All-Stars.

Comment

There are some players who could play DAP but don't even play club. I can think of three (and that does not include FdB) that play for Somerville High. And if you think I don't understand what talent it takes to play DAP - then ask the club coaches that are at Somerville games watching these players trying in vain the recruit them. There are immigrant players who are so far out the youth development system that they could not care less about DAP or club. They play for adult immigrant teams.

Comment

Love to see their board scores. May be great soccer players but doubt you'll see them parlay their soccer ability into anything more than a few beers at the local. More to all this than bragging rights at the town bar.

Comment

There are some players who could play DAP but don't even play club. I can think of three (and that does not include FdB) that play for Somerville High. And if you think I don't understand what talent it takes to play DAP - then ask the club coaches that are at Somerville games watching these players trying in vain the recruit them. There are immigrant players who are so far out the youth development system that they could not care less about DAP or club. They play for adult immigrant teams.
              Age only allows up to 1994 in DAP. Most of these kids would not be allowed to play

Comment

Age only allows up to 1994 in DAP. Most of these kids would not be allowed to play
                One is a Junior and the other two are sophmores. So think they would qualify for DAP

Comment

Love to see their board scores. May be great soccer players but doubt you'll see them parlay their soccer ability into anything more than a few beers at the local. More to all this than bragging rights at the town bar.
                  Well, then, hopefully you voted the right way today so that more kids like this will have the same access to opportunity as the stereotypical Metrowest ISL kids who fill the DAP rosters. And maybe they could care less about who has a pedigree from Phillips Andover.

Comment

I think we get it. DAP rules and everyone else sucks. Thank you, hopefully this is the last time I go into a thread completely unrelated to DAP only to see someone tell us how great DAP players are. Can we return this to Eastern MA all stars now.

Needham's #10 surely is one and I personally enjoy watching Weymouth's #10 and #13 and I think #2 (JB?)

Comment

I think we get it. DAP rules and everyone else sucks. Thank you, hopefully this is the last time I go into a thread completely unrelated to DAP only to see someone tell us how great DAP players are. Can we return this to Eastern MA all stars now.

Needham's #10 surely is one and I personally enjoy watching Weymouth's #10 and #13 and I think #2 (JB?)
                      Weymouth's keeper should definitely be on the list - not the DAP one who left - the current one - a junior

Comment

Somerville # 6, 10 and of course #9. 10 is a superb player - in my opinion the best player on the team - both a scorer and a playmaker. No 6 is the small guy in the middle that everything goes through. A gifted technical player who makes it all look easy.

Comment

Can you be named an all-star if you have been suspended during the season?

Comment

Can you be named an all-star if you have been suspended during the season?
                            cuz that might make Needham's MS ineligible....

Comment

Canton - MD
                              Franklin - ZS
                              OA - DM, DS
                              Weymouth - ML, JB
                              Milton - RB
                              Norwood - TG
                              Milford - JA
                              Brockton - PP
                              Needham - MS - suspension is an issue

for starters

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X