X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WC U14 Boys

Did they combine teams this year?

Not did they necessarily combine, but they have multiple teams at this level, placing the players at their appropriate skill. In other words their A team is better than last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Did they combine teams this year?
      Yes, TB walked away to allow the teams to be combined as WH wouldn't let his players go. As one of the parents that played for TB and knows him well we are thankful that he thought about the overall picture and wanted to do right by all players. It was a tough decision for him.

Comment

Yes, TB walked away to allow the teams to be combined as WH wouldn't let his players go. As one of the parents that played for TB and knows him well we are thankful that he thought about the overall picture and wanted to do right by all players. It was a tough decision for him.
        And thus wh is a tool

Comment

You said that, not me. It was very clear that he was not willing to do what TB did.

Comment

Maybe tool is being nice? Sounds like he will have alot to prove during the upcoming season to support his stance?

Comment

I know both coaches and my son plays for WH. They are both good coaches and both had good teams. We are happy with WH but he certainly is possessive and did not want to detach himself from the team. TB made the choice to leave and lots of WH parents were happy to add some of his stronger players. Fact is, skill wise, there are probably 2 or 3 more of TB's players that should have been selected for this year but WH has some reasons for not selecting them. I think everyone is pro whoever they are with but no one is questioning any of the coaching by either. It was just a matter of which one was going to give in and I respect TB for doing that.

Comment

I know both coaches and my son plays for WH. They are both good coaches and both had good teams. We are happy with WH but he certainly is possessive and did not want to detach himself from the team. TB made the choice to leave and lots of WH parents were happy to add some of his stronger players. Fact is, skill wise, there are probably 2 or 3 more of TB's players that should have been selected for this year but WH has some reasons for not selecting them. I think everyone is pro whoever they are with but no one is questioning any of the coaching by either. It was just a matter of which one was going to give in and I respect TB for doing that.
                Thanks TB parent! You folks couldn't be more wrong about this situation and how it evolved. Personally, I am tired of hearing all the misinformation and sour grapes coming from the TB camp. This is club soccer, not town rec ball. It is in NWC's best interest to put the best team on the field, coached by the best coach available. Guess you will have to find some new drama to occupy your time this season.

Comment

Thanks TB parent! You folks couldn't be more wrong about this situation and how it evolved. Personally, I am tired of hearing all the misinformation and sour grapes coming from the TB camp. This is club soccer, not town rec ball. It is in NWC's best interest to put the best team on the field, coached by the best coach available. Guess you will have to find some new drama to occupy your time this season.
                  I agree that NWC needs to put the best team forward, but they chose wrong in this case. TB is a much better coach..period

Comment

Sounds like the Red Sox Clubhouse. Shouldn't the NWC board work to ensure the best overall outcome. I've seen this too many times (Coach ego) and not just soccer.

Comment

Sounds like the Red Sox Clubhouse. Shouldn't the NWC board work to ensure the best overall outcome. I've seen this too many times (Coach ego) and not just soccer.
                      great point

Comment

I agree that NWC needs to put the best team forward, but they chose wrong in this case. TB is a much better coach..period
                        That is your opinion, which you are entitled to. One could also come to the conclusion that one coach built a state cup winning team, while the other coach wanted the keys to that team handed over to him. Not here to debate the merits of which coach is better than the other. One coach I know to be first rate. The other I hear is very good as well.

BTW....each coach also had a U11 team this past season. WH's team outperformed TB's team at this level as well. Not brought up to rub it in, merely to point out WH's coaching success, which seems to get lost in the conversation form the TB supporters.

Comment

Did WH bring any new non NWC players onto the team? Should be interesting to watch them play this year.

Comment

Did WH bring any new non NWC players onto the team? Should be interesting to watch them play this year.
                            Yes. Two.

Comment

That is your opinion, which you are entitled to. One could also come to the conclusion that one coach built a state cup winning team, while the other coach wanted the keys to that team handed over to him. Not here to debate the merits of which coach is better than the other. One coach I know to be first rate. The other I hear is very good as well.

BTW....each coach also had a U11 team this past season. WH's team outperformed TB's team at this level as well. Not brought up to rub it in, merely to point out WH's coaching success, which seems to get lost in the conversation form the TB supporters.
                              Why don't you point out that TB inherited the u11 team and wasn't even supposed to be the coach. Or mention that WH got to pick from the u11 pool first as he came in with a strong team. Or that TB took a very average team and turned them into a respectable team. Ask any objective person which u11 team improved more last year. Also based on the history every successful boys team that has done well in state cup for WC has gone through TB.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X