Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coaching Bonus Payments

It's my understanding that at least one large MA soccer club gives coaches cash bonuses for winning the State Cup, etc. Although I agree that coaches should be rewarded for a job well done, doesn't this put too much empahsis on winning?

My question is: how widespread is this practice among soccer clubs?
    0%
    0%

The poll is expired.

This shouldn't surprise anyone. It is exactly the problem with Maple in this state.

Comment

What does MAPLE have to do with it? I know of a club who gives compensation but it is not seen as a bonus it is seen as money the coach is losing for having to take 5 days off his regular job to go to regionals. Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

The club I was referring to compensates coaches for winning the U11 and U12 tournaments as well so it could not be justified as compensation for added work. Also, the size of the bonuses amounts to about 25% of the annual salary.

Comment

Who cares????

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
            The club I was referring to compensates coaches for winning the U11 and U12 tournaments as well so it could not be justified as compensation for added work. Also, the size of the bonuses amounts to about 25% of the annual salary.
            Who won the U11 State Cup for Girls in 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Cujo
              Who won the U11 State Cup for Girls in 2001.
              There is no State Cup for U11 & U12. State Cup begins at U13 (my guess is that you already knew that).

Comment

Who cares????
                Those that fell we've gone too many days in this forum without some good old fashioned big club bashing.

Comment

Stars won U11G and I can tell you that the coach in question did not recieve any bonus. Not that it is anyones buisness anyway. Just thought I would try and stop the bashing before it starts

Comment

Re: Coaching Bonus Payments

It's my understanding that at least one large MA soccer club gives coaches cash bonuses for winning the State Cup, etc. Although I agree that coaches should be rewarded for a job well done, doesn't this put too much empahsis on winning?

Why don't you tell us all how much you are compensated for your job?

Comment

Originally posted by Allan Greenspan

For me personally, not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by anotherguest

Don't ask for a bonus payment. According to those looking to tstir the pot, it's a very bad thing.....

Comment

[quote=Allan Greenspan]
                          Originally posted by "Allan Greenspan":1y7j7dcn

Don't ask for a bonus payment. According to those looking to tstir the pot, it's a very bad thing.....[/quote:1y7j7dcn]
                          I saw another post recently about the IRS getting into the game. that's all we need is for the Government to come in and sure to ruin everything.... for everyone.

Comment

How much would you consider fair compensation for a club coach?

Comment

saw another post recently about the IRS getting into the game. that's all we need is for the Government to come in and sure to ruin everything.... for everyone.

Why should the big business of soccer be treated any different than other business that obey the rules to the best of there abilities

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X