ESU Sunderland 2nd
    FC Willamette Possession 3rd
    HPFC G94 Blue 4th

Flight C
    FC Portland Marine Tie 2nd
    Oregon Rush 94 Nike Tie 2nd
    Westsound FC 94 Red 4th
    Emerald City FC F94 Green 1st

Does anyone know anything about those fields, like how big they will be and they look like a cow pasture but probably not. I don't see much parking, probably using a field if so we all better pray for no rain. It will be nice to have all the game in one spot, expect Timber vs Dynamite game. Not putting anything down, just would like to know.

So Eggy- who has the harder bracket you or us? I'm really glad we don't have 2 days in a row with 8 am games. 3 days in a row if you make it to the semi's.

Comment

What

Just keep counting Harambee out of everything. They have shown over and over to be better than any/many seem to think they are. Verse Marine in state cup and portland cup they out played them and should've/could've won. And who knocked Dynamite out of state cup? LOL Harambee ALWAYS comes ready to beat LO when they meet.

Comment

HaHaHa

If Westside could have / should have won then why didn't they? Seems to me they are always full of excuses.. missing players, injured players, coaching issues... one thing after another no matter what team they play against.

I am pretty sure that I was watching the games at the Portland Cup and I thought that Westside played well, but I don't think they outplayed FC Portland. I think both teams were very competitive. I can't comment on the State Cup game because I didn't watch that one, but I am sure that one side feels one way about it while the other way feels another way.

Learn to lose with dignity as well as win with it. I don't see anyone on here bad mouthing Westside they just didn't choose them to win over a few teams that they have recently shown that they haven't been able to beat. And isn't making these predictions just about having fun and seeing who can guess best and not about trying to hurt your feelings, so don't take it so personally if your team doesn't get picked to be first.

Comment

Someone's got some Harambee love!!! Woo Hoo

As for the Portland Cup... it was very much back and forth. Both teams had some chances, but couldn't put it in the net.

As for the State Cup match, I do believe Harambee had the better chances, but again... just couldn't put it in the net. First half was pretty much even, but Harambee turned it up in the second half and overtime periods. I knew if the game came down to PK's (and I thought it just might), that Marine would probably take the game.

Unfortunately, soccer is one of the few games you can dominate and still lose or tie. Harambee and Marine matchups have been very good over the years, with several over this past year. Marine won some, Harambee won some and there have been ties. Until Harambee can show consistency against the top teams, they will always be overlooked. That's okay though. It makes some of those victories even sweeter!

Having said that.... Go Harambee (soon to be Energy again).

Comment

Hey SD,

Couldn't agree more with your thoughts that one team can dominate play yet still not be the victor. That's why we play the game!

I am curious about the name change. It seems WSM teams change their names with more frequency than other clubs. Is that true or do I just notice it more?

U15 - Energy to Harambee to Energy
            U14 - Strykers to Venom
            (not sure of other age ranges because these are closest to my DD)

Is that due to a coaching change? Club philosophy? Change in MOJO?

Curious to get your thoughts. Thanks and best to all this weekend!

Cheers! :)

Comment

I just think it is funny to see WSM and LOSC in the same bracket again.

So no one is going to check out those fields for us.

Sodium - hope to see your first game, Cora use to play on the same team with KJ, told her mom we would try to watch one of her games.

Comment

ST - hope we can make a good showing, we will have a handful of players missing. LO is always really tough on the field! I was shocked they didn't have a better Crossfire Tournament. I wonder if they were missing players?

We like KJ and she fits in really well with our girls. Kinda goofy off the field but put on the black & green and she's all business! That green still seems odd but looks good on the field.

I watched some of the Ireland game in the Portland Cup on Sunday, they had totally different THUSC uniforms than the rest of the teams???

See you on the field - Cheers! :)

Comment

Are you getting new uniforms this year or next. We are getting new ones, I have bought a new uniform every year from U11 to now. ouch!! Cora played with the Timbers first year. Then we moved and she played with Bend United so need a new one. Then the next year the rest of the team needed new ones and they changed the uniform so had to buy a new one. Then the club merged with Or. Rush had to get that uniform and every other year Nike makes the Rush Clubs new uniforms, oh and this is the year for the new uniform last year was the boys turn. Nike from now on make a uniform only worn by the Rush teams. So if you want to guess play with any Rush club you can use your uniform. If a Rush team anywhere needs a guess player you can go play with them. We have had kids in the club play for the CO. Rush team and some on the East coast and CA Rush teams.

Comment

That would be great! Consistency across the board. We have been lucky to only have one uniform change since U11 and that was this year for the entire club. Instead of the solid black & solid white, we went with a black with thin horizontal grey stripes and a green [dark] with grey horizontal strips. Moved the logo to left of center and, of course, added the Nike Swoosh. I was skeptical at first but once the green hit the field, they looked good!
                    And getting all the way back to Eggy's original post, the fields we played on last year left something to be desired. Looks like this year we play only at the Hidden Creek Polo fields. Don't really know anything about them accept that they are in West Linn and there is 19 of them!

Comment

I don't think there is anything to see at the field yet. I doubt that thsy are mark (to see size) because it is a funtioning Polo club. Hopefully the fields will be beautiful grass fields like they have at the Surf polo fields.

My guess, dried, hard brown grass.

Comment

Ha Ha! Always the optimist!
                        I might prefer that over un-mowed, soaked grass with the keeper dodging standing water!

:)

Comment

You can see field on the satellite, it look green but dry. And the parking must be in a field, there is a dirt field there I hope is not the parking lot. At less we all play a 8am so we will be there first.
                          Size I was hope maybe someone from LOSC would know. If the are making 20 fields they are going to need some help.
                          I do like the idea that we don't have to drive all around to different fields. We can watch some other game if we want.

Comment

We were told that the parking is indeed in a field. I think it's supposed to be nice this weekend like 90 on Friday then 80's Sat & Sun so the field parking should be fine. I agree with the layout. There are several games I would like to see and have my DD watch as well.

:)

Comment

Most of the satelite pictures can be up to two years old.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X