Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pqt

I have a question about why some teams are playing PQT and some are not. They say for the U13 and U14 teams if they were in the semi in the State Cup they don't have to play. I notice some teams are playing like Sodium do you not have 9 returning players?

We have 9 returning players but didn't make it to the semi's!! :(

Oh well, I always loved being considered the underdogs!

Cheers :)

Comment

Sorry, I couldn't remember (getting old) so who was in the semi's beside Rush, FC Portland, LOCS.

Comment

Southside Hotspur. Silver bracket last year. They have a great forward we picked up for US Club Regionals who played spectacular for us. She is a real gem.

Cheers! :)

Comment

So now that most of Ireland is over there do you get some friendly games with them?

Comment

A couple times. My DD put it best when she described them as "Incredible". Ha Ha Ha! Of course, she plays defense.

We held our own [as best we could] and lost 2-0 last time. They are a very talented squad indeed!

:)

Comment

Does anyone know why the qualifing tournament is down in Corvallis instead of at Tualatin Hills this year? Also, does anyone know why THUSC Sodium had to forfeit their games in the qualifying tournament?

Comment

sodium

They forfitted because they are going to Us Club finals the same weekend. I'm sure OYSA would have helped them out but there is so much politics going on with the U11 and U12 and OPL that Thusc, LO, etc are finally getting screwed like they should.

Comment

We forfeited because we opted to play in the US Club Nationals in Virginia Beach, VA that weekend. OYSA was gracious enough to let us skip PQT's and participate in CQT's. So, unregistered, OYSA did help us out and we didn't get screwed like you so eloquently put it. And what does LO have to do with this?

Have a nice night. :)

Comment

cqt

Doesn't that mean that Sodium is only able to play divison 1 at most? Gold and Silver are decided at PQT.

Lo, thusc, wsm, etc are trying to break away from OYSA by forming there own league and only play in Portland. The league name is the OPL . This year there are only 10 teams in the OYSA U12 Premiere divison. They are killing Oregon soccer. Why?

Comment

From what I understand, OYSA is considering additional teams in Gold. But even if we end up playing Silver or below, we only have to play a certain number of games to qualify for state cup. The rest of the season we can play against OR & WA U15 teams, play in tournaments or travel. It is not uncommon.
                      I can not speak for the clubs that are part of the OPL. Maybe they feel they can run an association better than it is currently being done by OYSA. I don't know. I do not think they are trying to kill Oregon soccer. It seems it may be quite the opposite.
                      If it were me, I would find out who the DOC's are for each of those clubs and send them an email or call asking what the motivation is behind OPL. If they believe strongly enough that they have a better solution, they will have no problem explaining themselves.

My 2 cents.

Cheers :)
                      Last edited by SodiumFan[2]; 07-16-2009, 01:05 AM.

Comment

SF- You can also play Spring FWRL, there might be a Washington team at your age playing so you might have a weekend close to home. Usually play 2 or 3 weekends. Fall league is close now.

OPL, Bend has a U12 team playing in it.
                        Last edited by Small Town; 07-16-2009, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Opl

Small Town will the U12 team playing OPL get home games or only away games?

Comment

Not sure about home game I'll have to ask their coach.

Comment

Small Town will the U12 team playing OPL get home games or only away games?

I ask the coach and he said no home games. He also said our fields suck! LOL

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X