•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

predictions for Fall

Much talk about NPL

First up...Oakwood
    Took a look at first 6 games, (before they play Yankee in the 7th game)
    1. Massapequa...loss
    2. North Rockland...loss (no goals for)
    3. ISA...loss
    4. Matchfit...win (U12 team is poor)
    5. NJSA...loss
    6. NJ Crush...(no goals for)

So 1-5 in first game, fustration will start to set in and the parents will be looing back with fond memories of the days they playd Danbury Wolves, and Western United...then they hit the soft underbelly of their schedule....with some luck, they could end the season at or around .500 with a slightly - goal differential

Sorry, just a prediction, don't take it personal

prediction

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Much talk about NPL

First up...Oakwood
    Took a look at first 6 games, (before they play Yankee in the 7th game)
    1. Massapequa...loss
    2. North Rockland...loss (no goals for)
    3. ISA...loss
    4. Matchfit...win (U12 team is poor)
    5. NJSA...loss
    6. NJ Crush...(no goals for)

So 1-5 in first game, fustration will start to set in and the parents will be looing back with fond memories of the days they playd Danbury Wolves, and Western United...then they hit the soft underbelly of their schedule....with some luck, they could end the season at or around .500 with a slightly - goal differential

Sorry, just a prediction, don't take it personal
    this must be the U13s....sounds about right...only thing you left out was the $200 in tolls and gas for those first 6 games...enjoy it now because when GW and TZ bridges go to $14 you will be longing for the extra $200 for 6 games....ha! If Oakwood tried to charge an extra $500 for training, the parents would be grabbing pitch forks and torches.....but slip it in gas and tolls to be a 500 team and that is no problem

Comment

this must be the U13s....sounds about right...only thing you left out was the $200 in tolls and gas for those first 6 games...enjoy it now because when GW and TZ bridges go to $14 you will be longing for the extra $200 for 6 games....ha! If Oakwood tried to charge an extra $500 for training, the parents would be grabbing pitch forks and torches.....but slip it in gas and tolls to be a 500 team and that is no problem
      Complete losers

Comment

3-3 with wins over ISA, MF and NJSA. But the only way they are getting out with $200 in gas and tolls is if the team bus is a Prius.

Helpful tip: top off the tank in NJ after each league game - gas is much cheaper down there. Not sure about NY, PA, DE, MD, TX, LA, ME, ID, HI or wherever else the NPL schedule takes these guys... Good luck! Bon voyage!

Comment

this thread should actually have the title: "a thread for implicit digs at OW"

Comment

this thread should actually have the title: "a thread for implicit digs at OW"
            I must be in the wrong forum - I'm was looking for the thread on EXPLICIT digs at OW.

Comment

?

Why the OW hatred? Some of their teams are strong and will show well in this league and others will not do as well but should improve with good training playing high level games. Look at the boys side. Every year there has been marked improvement in the tables on the academy and pre academy side. They play high level teams and do fine. Philosophy of play on the girls side is similar. Why does no one kill the boys side for the travel etc.? Maybe because it is successful. Why do you care what OW does? You clearly chose a different club which is probably great for your kid by why throw other clubs and parents under the bus for their decision.

So far we have had a great OW experience on boys and girls side. Feels like a true club seeing parents and kids from all the age groups at the same facilities. One thing we do not often hear on the sidelines is bashing of other clubs.

There are plenty of great clubs in CT each following their own path hopefully for the better development of the players.

Comment

Why the OW hatred? Some of their teams are strong and will show well in this league and others will not do as well but should improve with good training playing high level games. Look at the boys side. Every year there has been marked improvement in the tables on the academy and pre academy side. They play high level teams and do fine. Philosophy of play on the girls side is similar. Why does no one kill the boys side for the travel etc.? Maybe because it is successful. Why do you care what OW does? You clearly chose a different club which is probably great for your kid by why throw other clubs and parents under the bus for their decision.

So far we have had a great OW experience on boys and girls side. Feels like a true club seeing parents and kids from all the age groups at the same facilities. One thing we do not often hear on the sidelines is bashing of other clubs.

There are plenty of great clubs in CT each following their own path hopefully for the better development of the players.
                you're looking for the kumbaya.com... this is talking-soccer baby - mix it up!!!

Comment

No hate

The thread is called predictions, not hate on ow...go ahead, make one, or move along to the bash beachside thread.

Please stop with the it is so nice that all the teams practice in one location....do the boys and girls teams have mixers or team dances? Do the u 15 girls come over to say hi to the u12 girls and ask them how 6th or 7th grade is and tell them how cool high school is?

Comment

The thread is called predictions, not hate on ow...go ahead, make one, or move along to the bash beachside thread.

Please stop with the it is so nice that all the teams practice in one location....do the boys and girls teams have mixers or team dances? Do the u 15 girls come over to say hi to the u12 girls and ask them how 6th or 7th grade is and tell them how cool high school is?
                    thanks for your non-prediction and for illustrating your resentment

Comment

What resentment is the poster demonstrating? I can't tell if the guy is an OW lover or an OW hater. But you can peer into his soul.......

The armchair psychiatrists are the most boring people on this board. I'll take a trash-talker over a little schmuck any day.

Comment

here are my predictions for the fall:

cfc teams- middling results

cfc parents- continue to educate TS readers about the decline of all other clubs not associated w/ cfc for failing to adapt to the times

Comment

predictions

I resent that you read my post

Comment

here are my predictions for the fall:

cfc teams- middling results

cfc parents- continue to educate TS readers about the decline of all other clubs not associated w/ cfc for failing to adapt to the times
                            I agree completely. Might I add that each of those cfc posters (or maybe just one guy repeatedly posting) is pretty pathetic: dude, its August and you are looking at the fall schedule to make predictions of U-12 premier soccer games??? Loser, loser, loser. Please get a life!

Also, for those cfc lovers who feign surprise at the tone of the OW posts: who do you think you are? cfc leaders start posting criticisms of another club (oh, I'm sorry you were merely observing, right?) and they are surprised at the reaction. There is really something horribly wrong with your club if you, even for a minute, think its your role to tell other clubs what to do.

Let me add one more thing: I think that what is really upsetting to cfc about this whole NPL league is that all thats left in the CT League is CFC branch teams and a bunch of travel teams. They missed the NPL boat for their teams and now they'll have to arrange friendlies out of state to get real competition. So sorry! That doesn't give you the right to criticize another club for doing it.

Comment

Really?

Is this what this has disintegrated to. I was merely saying it is a nice atmosphere. Younger kids know the older kids, watch their games and look up to them. Better kids get to train with older teams and parents see familiar faces at facilities etc.

In terms of predictions I think the teams wil go slightly better than .500 which is perfect for development.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X