Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Too Bad........

This forum could be so much better, and so much help to people.

Instead, it's filled with giant egos, farbrications, club bashing, and games of one-upsmanship.

The programs offered by MPS and the US Soccer Academy are radically different than the MAPLE norm. It doesn't make them bad programs, it just makes them different. Yet, those not involved in MPS bash them. Those that are involved bash the bashers. Those that hate the Bolts bash them and the soccer academy program. Those with the Bolts bash the bashers. Those that hate the Stars & Scorpions bash them. Those that are involved with them bash the bashers.

I tried to follow several discussions, and was put into a mind numbing coma trying to decipher who knows who, who knows people from what clubs, etc. How do you determine who is credible? It's a littany of "I know more than you" posts. I try to do a little research and substantiate some claims in an effort to figure out who to believe. Some people post as Guest, some claim to be from certain parts of the state and aren't (based on where they say their kids play), some aren't even in the state, others make claims about kids and programs in all age groups - I have a hard enough enough time just trying to keep track of what is going on in my older son's team. I can't figure out how so many people know so much about so many age groups.

What a horrible waste of time.

Re: It's Too Bad........

Originally posted by SoftGround

Instead, it's filled with giant egos, farbrications, club bashing, and games of one-upsmanship.

The programs offered by MPS and the US Soccer Academy are radically different than the MAPLE norm. It doesn't make them bad programs, it just makes them different. Yet, those not involved in MPS bash them. Those that are involved bash the bashers. Those that hate the Bolts bash them and the soccer academy program. Those with the Bolts bash the bashers. Those that hate the Stars & Scorpions bash them. Those that are involved with them bash the bashers.

I tried to follow several discussions, and was put into a mind numbing coma trying to decipher who knows who, who knows people from what clubs, etc. How do you determine who is credible? It's a littany of "I know more than you" posts. I try to do a little research and substantiate some claims in an effort to figure out who to believe. Some people post as Guest, some claim to be from certain parts of the state and aren't (based on where they say their kids play), some aren't even in the state, others make claims about kids and programs in all age groups - I have a hard enough enough time just trying to keep track of what is going on in my older son's team. I can't figure out how so many people know so much about so many age groups.

Lighten up! Some of it is entertaining. And if you read through the nonsense, you do learn something.

Cujo is one of my favorite characters. Often contradictory, opinionated, annoyingly detailed ... but, ultimately, I bet a nice caring guy who means well and does have some real knowledge.

Onthree is a very informative poster. Often biased about some situations that affect her own kid (Stars, ODP ID Camp) but always honest and open about it.

Fred Marks always posts excellent posts from the perspective of someone who has been involved in club soccer for years.

Even the Guests provide great input.

So, just avoid the nonsense and you'll get some good insight and information.

Comment

SoftGround writes:

Forums are not college campuses or licensing schools. They are just Forums.

SoftGround writes:

I try to do a little research and substantiate some claims in an effort to figure out who to believe.
      I think you are taking it very seriously - possibly more seriously than others. It is just a Forum - drink a beer or a glass of wine - lean back in the sun and enjoy a post or two.

SoftGround writes:

IMHO, you are spot on with this comment. You forgot to add that the bashers and bashees are always the first to insist that the children's fun playing the sport should be our primary concern. But they are still bashing away - because that is fun for them or because they insist that their children "do as I say not as I do"?

You should register and stick with us. Over time it is helpful.

Comment

You need to find a Fivum or a Sixum since a Forum is falling short of your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Cujo

You need to find a Fivum or a Sixum since a Forum is falling short of your goals.
          Sacré bleu! #-o

http://www.mlafille.com/zidane.jpg

Comment

I know far more about Forums than club soccer.
            What is going on here really has nothing to do with soccer, it's an issue on every forum. Perfectly nice normal people post things that they would never say to a person's face in a million years. Then they deny that and tell us how they are "just the same in real life".
            One of the factors is the obvious one, the anonymity but there are other factors at work here too. If someone says I disagree with you because of X in a conversation it's one thing. When they put it in writing it means more.
            Some people develop board napolean complexes, others go on power trips, some are just natural trolls
            The truth is if we put everyone on this forum in a room, handed out cocktails and told everyone to talk soccer it would be a great party!
            I do agree it could be more helpful to people, that is why I put that "players needed" at the top. When an outsider posts looking for info I hope everyone treats them like a guest and with some respect, we all had to learn at some point

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X