Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

We are moving to the Washington Depot area , our boys play d1 u16 and u17 can you help us find the nearest club?

Teams

There are several choices: CFC Candlewood and CFC Samba come to mind. CFC Samba is the more established club but would require a commute to Newtown or Brookfield. Candlewood is a fairly new club located in New Milford

Speak with the Soccer Club of New Milford as they may have better insights

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      We are moving to the Washington Depot area , our boys play d1 u16 and u17 can you help us find the nearest club?
      i had to wiki to find where washington depot was in ct. as the crow flies, i think your closest is newtown samba (i think its called cfc samba). honestly, idk where most of the club teams are based west of the river, but i'm pretty sure that is the closest. if there is a closer club i'm sure somebody will correct me. i'm from middlesex county.

GL

Comment

There is a girl from Washington Depot who is probably the best U14 player in the state who plays up on Oakwood's U15 team. If either of your kids are legit legit ballers Oakwood is not too far to leave out of consideration.

Comment

There is a girl from Washington Depot who is probably the best U14 player in the state who plays up on Oakwood's U15 team. If either of your kids are legit legit ballers Oakwood is not too far to leave out of consideration.
          i mentioned samba before, but this changes everything, especially since your kids are boys, their Academy is the only place to be, and potentially carpooling with the above would definitely make sense...

Comment

i mentioned samba before, but this changes everything, especially since your kids are boys, their Academy is the only place to be, and potentially carpooling with the above would definitely make sense...
            The player you are looking for is JR. Complete freak of a player and a great kid.

Comment

You must be the parent of the Oakwood player and looking for a commuting partner. The boys only have 1-2 years left of premier. Traveling from Washington Depot to Glastonbury is ridiculous. Go with Samba.

Comment

You must be the parent of the Oakwood player and looking for a commuting partner. The boys only have 1-2 years left of premier. Traveling from Washington Depot to Glastonbury is ridiculous. Go with Samba.
                no, i'm not a parent. i'm just a former player would have to travel 45 minutes to and from ow and it was well worth it.

in fact there have been 4 players that have made the commitment driving from brookfield (northeastern and colgate) and ridgefield (harvard and providence) in the past two years. they would agree its a long drive but i'm sure they'd tell you it was well worth it.

i was just recognizing what someone else brought to light that they have an opportunity to potentially lower the travel burden by carpooling w/ someone who is from that area that arleady goes in that direction

samba is closer, but if one has the chance of playing on an Academy they'd be foolish to pass it up.

Comment

Thats funny if you meant it as a joke. No, I'm not JR's parent. Would a parent ever talk about ther own kid in those terms? Just happened to know the story there and that it was the right move for her. Whether it would be right for these boys, who can say? Certainly, Samba must be considered and is probably the best choice. But since no one would have ever connected WashDep with Oakwood I thought I'd throw out that little factoid to the dad here...

Comment

no, i'm not a parent. i'm just a former player would have to travel 45 minutes to and from ow and it was well worth it.

in fact there have been 4 players that have made the commitment driving from brookfield (northeastern and colgate) and ridgefield (harvard and providence) in the past two years. they would agree its a long drive but i'm sure they'd tell you it was well worth it.

i was just recognizing what someone else brought to light that they have an opportunity to potentially lower the travel burden by carpooling w/ someone who is from that area that arleady goes in that direction

samba is closer, but if one has the chance of playing on an Academy they'd be foolish to pass it up.
                    and you need to play in the Academy to get into those schools? I'm sure Samba alumni are going to the same schools. Was it worth driving two hours a day to play for one of the worst Academy teams in the northeast? Do you really think an unknown 16 yo is going to make the Academy team? Pretty bad advice.

Comment

and you need to play in the Academy to get into those schools? I'm sure Samba alumni are going to the same schools. Was it worth driving two hours a day to play for one of the worst Academy teams in the northeast? Do you really think an unknown 16 yo is going to make the Academy team? Pretty bad advice.
                      its one thing to get into those schools, but they play at those schools. huge difference, buddy. (the northeastern guy recently transferred to Providence).

not to knock samba, but i highly doubt they'd get those looks playing for samba. and the reason why those four from western ct came to the academy (and not play for their local club, samba) was to be able to get the chance to play d-1 someday. if they felt they wouldn't need to drive 2 hours (and still have the opportunity to play d-1) they wouldn't have made the trek and stayed at home w/ their local club.

actually, why would being an "unknown" player determine whether someone makes any team? if one can play well they'll make the team whether they were "known" or unknown.

seriously, why not tryout for their team, maybe they make it, maybe the don't? but it at least find out.

Comment

its one thing to get into those schools, but they play at those schools. huge difference, buddy. (the northeastern guy recently transferred to Providence).

not to knock samba, but i highly doubt they'd get those looks playing for samba. and the reason why those four from western ct came to the academy (and not play for their local club, samba) was to be able to get the chance to play d-1 someday. if they felt they wouldn't need to drive 2 hours (and still have the opportunity to play d-1) they wouldn't have made the trek and stayed at home w/ their local club.

actually, why would being an "unknown" player determine whether someone makes any team? if one can play well they'll make the team whether they were "known" or unknown.

seriously, why not tryout for their team, maybe they make it, maybe the don't? but it at least find out.
                        You gettin' a commission?

"What's it gonna take to get you into an Academy today? We have carpooling... We got financing... That blue really accents your eyes... The guys in the neighborhood are going to envy the s&^t out of you, man... C'mon, give it a try..."

Comment

You gettin' a commission?

"What's it gonna take to get you into an Academy today? We have carpooling... We got financing... That blue really accents your eyes... The guys in the neighborhood are going to envy the s&^t out of you, man... C'mon, give it a try..."
                          must've struck a nerve. OP asks for help. people provide potential clubs, and you devolve this thread. you must be proud.

Comment

must've struck a nerve. OP asks for help. people provide potential clubs, and you devolve this thread. you must be proud.
                            I think that was a joke - settle down, Francis...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X