Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FSA....If?

Let's assume FSA does not have an indoor arena and outdoor turf fields, would it still attract players based on their high school coaches?

In my opinion, probably the answer is no.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Let's assume FSA does not have an indoor arena and outdoor turf fields, would it still attract players based on their high school coaches?

In my opinion, probably the answer is no.
    And your opinion matters because....

Comment

Why not just started an FSA hater thread instead of pretending. Let's pretend people didn't lose their lives in Colorado, or kids weren't victims at Penn St, or racism didn't exist......there are a lot better things to pretend weren't real than FSA. God Bless everyone affected by these events. I am sure arguing over club soccer isn't the most important thing in life.

Comment

Why not just started an FSA hater thread instead of pretending. Let's pretend people didn't lose their lives in Colorado, or kids weren't victims at Penn St, or racism didn't exist......there are a lot better things to pretend weren't real than FSA. God Bless everyone affected by these events. I am sure arguing over club soccer isn't the most important thing in life.
        If you don't speak glowingly of FSA you are a hater.

I think they would still be strong given that the West Hartford club was strong before selling out to FSA, and some of the coaches are the same.

Comment

I'm glad you made these valid big-picture points when BS was being attacked. You didn't? You only want to change the subject when the topic is FSA? Never mind.

Comment

I have been involved in all types of youth sports for the last 7 years and I never have met a crew quite like FSA parents (girls side). From arguing every call, threatening other teams parents and running on the field during games (the one eye bandit). Get over yourself your kick and run soccer is nothing to be proud of. By the way before the FSa nut jobs go crazy my daughters team did not loose to you this year so I am not jealous.

Comment

I have been involved in all types of youth sports for the last 7 years and I never have met a crew quite like FSA parents (girls side). From arguing every call, threatening other teams parents and running on the field during games (the one eye bandit). Get over yourself your kick and run soccer is nothing to be proud of. By the way before the FSa nut jobs go crazy my daughters team did not loose to you this year so I am not jealous.
              I been around CT youth and premier soccer for the last 15 years. I haven't seen any of this behavior (running onto fields during games?). Maybe it happened - but from what I've seen, all the premier team parents behave within the same bandwidth and one can find loudmouth parents on almost any sideline. I haven't seen FSA (as a program) exhibit any worse behavior than CFC, Oakwood, South Central, Yankee or Beachside.

If there's any pattern I've seen is that bad parental behavior tends to be team by team. One program will have a bunch of nutjob parents on one team, and then the next age group up or down will have a bunch of parents as calm as golden retrievers. Not sure what the cause of it all is, but to claim a club has worse parents than another seems way over the top.

Comment

I been around CT youth and premier soccer for the last 15 years. I haven't seen any of this behavior (running onto fields during games?). Maybe it happened - but from what I've seen, all the premier team parents behave within the same bandwidth and one can find loudmouth parents on almost any sideline. I haven't seen FSA (as a program) exhibit any worse behavior than CFC, Oakwood, South Central, Yankee or Beachside.

If there's any pattern I've seen is that bad parental behavior tends to be team by team. One program will have a bunch of nutjob parents on one team, and then the next age group up or down will have a bunch of parents as calm as golden retrievers. Not sure what the cause of it all is, but to claim a club has worse parents than another seems way over the top.
                There is probably some truth to the point that every club probably has at least one. However, I did watch 3 games this year over a span of weeks involving 3 different FSA girls teams and the FSA spectator sidelines were very loud (not just one parent but 4 or 5) and you would have thought they wrote the FIFA rule book the way they were giving it to the referees. Not sure if I could get comfortable that this was in the range of normal.

Comment

I agree that most teams have at least one loudmouth. My kids team certainly has one that embarrasses us on occasion and then is hushed by a couple of the mothers. However, we have had particular issues with FSA, BS and a couple of teams from NJ where it seemed to extend well beyond a single parent.

Comment

the cfc gunners U13 boys vs Everton state cup final game was a classic when a parent on the sideline went after a player on the field for fouling their kid, parents on both teams were out of control before and after this incident. the CFC moms were horrible and the Everton dads were worse

Comment

FSA teams are pretty good.

They have a mix of good and bad coaches for sure.

Parents couldn't be any more arrogant. Absurd at how they puff their chest out.

Comment

the cfc gunners U13 boys vs Everton state cup final game was a classic when a parent on the sideline went after a player on the field for fouling their kid, parents on both teams were out of control before and after this incident. the CFC moms were horrible and the Everton dads were worse

Curious to know what team was the parent from?

Comment

FSA teams are pretty good.

They have a mix of good and bad coaches for sure.

Parents couldn't be any more arrogant. Absurd at how they puff their chest out.
                          I'm not sure about the chest puffing. But I seen a lot of arrogant parents on every sideline (high school included) that I'd rather see them sitting in their car.

It's certainly a problem across all the teams I see playing, and seems that the bigger the game, the worse it is.

A lot of it unfortunately carries over to this forum too.

Comment

The majority of the time I don't think the behavior of parents in CT is anything out of the ordinary. Sure there will be cases where behavior is extreme, but that is what happens when people are emotionally attached. Sometimes passion overwhelms sanity , sometimes ego defensiveness rears its ugly head.

There are many , many level headed parents out there, its just that silence is overcome by a few in every crowd that I like to call Yahoos.

Comment

When the coach whines the parents whine. It always follows. I've seen a CFC coach (good coach, nice guy) carry on with the officials and the parents join in. I've also seen a SCP coach turn around to his team's parents and tell them to shut up. I've noticed a stronger team's parents get crazy if the underdog is hanging with their team, obviously the refs are "keeping" the weaker team in the match and they don't like it!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X