Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beachside 17's on National Team Pool of 40

None. Also none on the 14's. Plenty of other players from Region One but none from BS. Anyone think that a club run by the legendary one, with a team ranked number one in the country on got soccer, should have at least one player on the National Team?

Maybe the team concept leads to their success not having one national player.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Maybe the team concept leads to their success not having one national player.
      I suppose it depends on whether the goal is development or winning. BS posts where all their players are going to college. How many of those players were recruited to play soccer and actually played meaningful college soccer versus simply a list of where a bunch of Fairfield County kids are going to school? Clearly the National Program doesn't think much of BS relative to Red Bulls and other programs.

Comment

They may be #1 on Got soccer but that doesn't include Academy teams. Also, they've never won Region One so it's a joke to consider them #1, even among non-academy teams. No surprise that they don't have any National Team players. They're really just a glorified travel team. Most teams on gotsoccer are considered travel teams everywhere else in the country. In Ct. we call them premier.

Comment

How many players from CT both boys and girls are in the National Pools and from which clubs? It seems that as a State we are lacking the right development to push players to the national teams.

Comment

How many players from CT both boys and girls are in the National Pools and from which clubs? It seems that as a State we are lacking the right development to push players to the national teams.
            Looks like one from South Central. Here's the link: http://www.ussoccer.com/News/U-17-MN...ning-Camp.aspx

Perhaps CJSA has to look at what they're doing, as do some of the clubs that we all think so highly of.

Comment

How many does Oakwood have? Academy vs. non academy it seems to be the same neither are getting it done.

Comment

How many does Oakwood have? Academy vs. non academy it seems to be the same neither are getting it done.
                I agree, especially considering the soccer culture in Ct. is pretty strong.

Comment

They may be #1 on Got soccer but that doesn't include Academy teams. Also, they've never won Region One so it's a joke to consider them #1, even among non-academy teams. No surprise that they don't have any National Team players. They're really just a glorified travel team. Most teams on gotsoccer are considered travel teams everywhere else in the country. In Ct. we call them premier.

Is this a serious comment.... "Glorified travel team?" How can anyone take this serious. How narrow minded can you be when a program consistently develops players who are recruited at every division, 1, 2 and 3. I guess when your kid doesnt have to worry about the stressful process of recruiting from top colleges in the country you have time to post messages like that.

"Glorified Travel Team"...... Your sick in the head, know that now. And I guess everyone posting believes its easy to make the national team, because that makes a lot of sense. Bash a program that doesn't have any National team players, which continue to develop top players who go on to play in college, from the state of connecticut. How stupid can you be!!!

Comment

Is this a serious comment.... "Glorified travel team?" How can anyone take this serious. How narrow minded can you be when a program consistently develops players who are recruited at every division, 1, 2 and 3. I guess when your kid doesnt have to worry about the stressful process of recruiting from top colleges in the country you have time to post messages like that.

"Glorified Travel Team"...... Your sick in the head, know that now. And I guess everyone posting believes its easy to make the national team, because that makes a lot of sense. Bash a program that doesn't have any National team players, which continue to develop top players who go on to play in college, from the state of connecticut. How stupid can you be!!!
                    If you look at clubs across the country, very few states have a premier league. That have travel and Academy. Travel in Ct is terrible...more like Rec. Premier in Ct is equivalent to travel in other states like NJ and Pa. You're only getting offended and calling me stupid because you're thinking I'm comparing BS to Ct Travel. That's not what I'm saying.

Comment

I love when someone accuses another of being stupid but then uses horrible English to make his point. "Your sick in the head." Do you mean "you are" or the contraction of that "you're"?

Anyway, a U17 club team ranked #1 in the country on gotsoccer and constantly bragging about it should have at least one player on the national team. If you don't agree, maybe YOU'RE sick in the head.

Comment

CFC united has a U17 GK on the U17 Canadian National Women's Team.

Comment

WOW! Canada

Comment

WOW! Canada
                            Its the state just north of VT... Good hockey there.

Comment

None. Also none on the 14's. Plenty of other players from Region One but none from BS. Anyone think that a club run by the legendary one, with a team ranked number one in the country on got soccer, should have at least one player on the National Team?
                              where can you find the list of who is in the pool?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X