• Time
  • Show
Clear All

CJSA ODP Program...

Share your thoughts

really

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Share your thoughts
    nyw sent more players to region 1 pool than ct at U13. i get the population density thing when talking nj and eny, but nyw is buffalo, syracuse and rochester and a whole lot of nothing in between.

the girls dont even start playing 11v11 until u13. something rotten in the state of denmark, or should I say nutmeg

Comment

ODP is all but dead in Ct. Nobody cares. 7am practices in Farmington or Hamden. No practices outdoor. Fees are out of this world to play.

Comment

'99 ODP Boys

'99 Boys had a very positive experience I thought. Head coach PB and staff ran a very good program with added outdoor sessions before the VA friendlies and the NJ tournament. Communication throughout the program was good and we found the coaches to be quite responsive to questions. GK training was well run and demanding. Both '99 teams looked good at the NJ tournament against traditionally strong states, and I think they both went undefeated. The teams were a healthy mix of kids from various backgrounds and clubs, and the vibe on the parents' sideline was very positive.

I think CT had 4 '99 boys make call-back camp - a reasonable number by historical standards.

All in all, a quality program, and my kid would do it all again.

Comment

'99 Boys had a very positive experience I thought. Head coach PB and staff ran a very good program with added outdoor sessions before the VA friendlies and the NJ tournament. Communication throughout the program was good and we found the coaches to be quite responsive to questions. GK training was well run and demanding. Both '99 teams looked good at the NJ tournament against traditionally strong states, and I think they both went undefeated. The teams were a healthy mix of kids from various backgrounds and clubs, and the vibe on the parents' sideline was very positive.

I think CT had 4 '99 boys make call-back camp - a reasonable number by historical standards.

All in all, a quality program, and my kid would do it all again.
          PB is a top man

Comment

ODP is all but dead in Ct. Nobody cares. 7am practices in Farmington or Hamden. No practices outdoor. Fees are out of this world to play.
            But you get a backpack...

Is ODP just a little ATM machine for CJSA? I doubt the coaches are getting rich. Where are the Obama-lovin' / CFC-hatin' people crying about "unjust" and "dishonest" profits?

Comment

As a parent of a 1999 boy who has done ODP for the past 2 years I will have to comment that it has been a tremendous experience for both my son, and myself!!! The director of the boys program, SB, is a top class man who runs a first rate program for all our children. This year's 99 coaching staff was first rate!!!! They were all very professional, at all times, and there training sessions were well thought out and organized. My son plays for one of the top clubs in connecticut, but what he received this year from the coaching staff, was greater than anything he has received from his club. Thank you and please keep up the great work!!!!

Comment

then again

As a parent of a 1999 boy who has done ODP for the past 2 years I will have to comment that it has been a tremendous experience for both my son, and myself!!! The director of the boys program, SB, is a top class man who runs a first rate program for all our children. This year's 99 coaching staff was first rate!!!! They were all very professional, at all times, and there training sessions were well thought out and organized. My son plays for one of the top clubs in connecticut, but what he received this year from the coaching staff, was greater than anything he has received from his club. Thank you and please keep up the great work!!!!
                maybe he doesn't play for a top club in CT as far as coaching...perhaps it is more like an FSA top club which means higher cost nicer facility, but lite on coaching

Comment

maybe he doesn't play for a top club in CT as far as coaching...perhaps it is more like an FSA top club which means higher cost nicer facility, but lite on coaching
                  and does DiMatteo coach your little Lampard?

Comment

Is there a consensus that the girls / boys programs are fundamentally different? My daughter did ODP last year and I would say the coaching was good. Not any better than her club but solid and a different style which is good to experience. A solid group of girls in her cohort as well. Again, not necessarily better than her club but a good opportunity to play with kids who don't know you. She likes seeing girls she knows from ODP when we play them in the league.

We didn't mind the 7am Sundays. That helped ensure that conflicts with her club were rare. I think she was hoping it would be a little more. More sessions. More competition. More hard core. They make the thing sound like a pretty big deal so its a little anti-climactic and over before you know it.

The communication is quite poor. I found out most things through the grapevine or by just randomly surfing the CJSA website. I recall being surprised at the number of times I was asked to write a check. Surprised by the number of times we were told she "made it, check please".

The economics of ODP are awful to the parent. Worst "bang for the buck" I could imagine. Nonetheless, they could charge more and people would still come because the credential is important to some folks. I don't know if we'll do it next year. Like everything else that falls into that category, we'll probably end up doing it because, like Everest, its there.

It seems like it would be easy to improve the girls program but not without compromising the current economics. I hear a lot of banging on CJSA and a lot of puzzlement about the lowly state of CT soccer. It seems like ODP is a potential opportunity to improve both. I've only seen positive comments about the boys side.

Comment

Is there a consensus that the girls / boys programs are fundamentally different? My daughter did ODP last year and I would say the coaching was good. Not any better than her club but solid and a different style which is good to experience. A solid group of girls in her cohort as well. Again, not necessarily better than her club but a good opportunity to play with kids who don't know you. She likes seeing girls she knows from ODP when we play them in the league.

We didn't mind the 7am Sundays. That helped ensure that conflicts with her club were rare. I think she was hoping it would be a little more. More sessions. More competition. More hard core. They make the thing sound like a pretty big deal so its a little anti-climactic and over before you know it.

The communication is quite poor. I found out most things through the grapevine or by just randomly surfing the CJSA website. I recall being surprised at the number of times I was asked to write a check. Surprised by the number of times we were told she "made it, check please".

The economics of ODP are awful to the parent. Worst "bang for the buck" I could imagine. Nonetheless, they could charge more and people would still come because the credential is important to some folks. I don't know if we'll do it next year. Like everything else that falls into that category, we'll probably end up doing it because, like Everest, its there.

It seems like it would be easy to improve the girls program but not without compromising the current economics. I hear a lot of banging on CJSA and a lot of puzzlement about the lowly state of CT soccer. It seems like ODP is a potential opportunity to improve both. I've only seen positive comments about the boys side.
                      I'm going to guess that your last sentence will set off a good amount of boys bashing.

Comment

Odp

My daughter was involved in the ODP program with a positive view toward it, and all that it involves, including the tournaments, throughout her time with it. ECNL and ODP seem to have too many conflicts, IMHO, and there should be a way to get the process streamlined so that the kids can do both, if they want to, if, for no other reason, than to spend time with peers and learn and react to a different set of eyes. I simply do not understand why that can not be an objective.

Comment

My daughter was involved in the ODP program with a positive view toward it, and all that it involves, including the tournaments, throughout her time with it. ECNL and ODP seem to have too many conflicts, IMHO, and there should be a way to get the process streamlined so that the kids can do both, if they want to, if, for no other reason, than to spend time with peers and learn and react to a different set of eyes. I simply do not understand why that can not be an objective.
                          Way to logical. Problem is the $$$$$ get in the way.

Comment

Nothing to do with $$$$. ECNL has an extremely busy schedule of games and events. There are very few open weekends. At some point, common sense needs to prevail. Kids cannot do everything, and when forced to choose, ODP is a DISTANT 2nd to what is offered at the club level. Not in terms of coaching, but in terms of competition, organization and exposure. It isn't even close.

Comment

CJSA is a scam operation. They cannot manage half of what comes to their attention in a timely and efficient manner. They are incompetent, and they need ther salaries to get paid so they buy into club politics. An outfit run by the CJSA is not a good investment for anyone's child.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X