Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

food for thought

I think that we can all agree that some of the posters exhibit Sophomoric behavior - (Exhibiting great immaturity and lack of judgment)

My question is suppose the poster is still a freshman? Would calling them sophomoric in this situation mean that we think that are like "really mature"?

its almost like your asking for it!!

Comment

Funny material BD

Comment

Re: food for thought

Originally posted by Blue Devil
        I think that we can all agree that some of the posters exhibit Sophomoric behavior - (Exhibiting great immaturity and lack of judgment)

My question is suppose the poster is still a freshman? Would calling them sophomoric in this situation mean that we think that are like "really mature"?
        Maybe infantile would be a more suitable adjective. :D

Comment

Re: guest

Originally posted by Anonymous
          its almost like your asking for it!!
          Well then let me have it - lol

Comment

I still think that's better than having a Senior Moment...........
            "If they hadn't scored, we would've won."
            -Howard Wilkinson

Comment

Originally posted by Zap

I am beginning to think that we DO need to get rid of the trolls and anon postings. It is really hard to get any sustained and meaningful debate going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Cujo
                Originally posted by Zap

I am beginning to think that we DO need to get rid of the trolls and anon postings. It is really hard to get any sustained and meaningful debate going on.
                brilliant! then we will be able to get back to the OLD touchline! will be way easier to keep up with since the 'select few' who monopolized the board chased everyone else away.

interested

Comment

Originally posted by interested
                  Originally posted by Zap

brilliant! then we will be able to get back to the OLD touchline! will be way easier to keep up with since the 'select few' who monopolized the board chased everyone else away.

interested
                  I am not advocating a return to the touchline. As someone who was banned multiple times because I had the audacity to challenge Mr. Stats view of the world - I should be the last person advocating restrictions. It would be helpful though to know who is posting other than "guest" so you could keep track of who is saying what. An ignore feature could then be put into place (if it exists). I definitely do not want to go back to the Touchline Culture but the trolls in here are really disruptive. They are immature and contribute little.

Comment

Cujo -

Does any opinion other than yours really matter? You seem to be the expert on everything!

Comment

Cujo -

Does any opinion other than yours really matter? You seem to be the expert on everything!
                      When have I ever said that? Not that I expect an answer since you can never back up your statements with proof. Peace out all! Got spreadsheets to do!!!!

Comment

Cujo -

Well, he is a "TS Know It All." ;)

Comment

it's really quite simple ...

most forums seem to have adopted a culture of simply "not feeding the trolls" ... without the attention, they do tend to stop.

the group here would be well served by adopting a "don't feed the trolls" culture and mentality. unfortunately, that's not how it seems to be working here. a troll post generates more feedback and discussion than most serious posts. if we all simply ignored them, they would, like on most other forums, go away.

iirc, some of the original refugees have "mod" authority. if appropriate, perhaps these (active) folks could delete the most offensive posts ... but, in many other forums, this is simply a "last resort" for the worst "infractions".

simply, let's not feed the trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by interested
                            Originally posted by Zap

interested
                            I am not advocating a return to the touchline. As someone who was banned multiple times because I had the audacity to challenge Mr. Stats view of the world - I should be the last person advocating restrictions. It would be helpful though to know who is posting other than "guest" so you could keep track of who is saying what. An ignore feature could then be put into place (if it exists). I definitely do not want to go back to the Touchline Culture but the trolls in here are really disruptive. They are immature and contribute little.
                            It's your contention that you were banned from Touchline because you challenged the opinions of Mr Stats?

Using that twisted logic, then wouldn't most of the Touchline regulars have been banned for challenging your bizarre opinions?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X