Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beachbum why not require that users must register?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beachbum why not require that users must register?

The site would remain anonymous but readers will be able to get a feel for where posters are coming from?
    If there are 37 negative posts about MK then readers can quickly ascertain that this person has a real axe to grind and probably should be ignored it that is all he ever posts about.
    As it stands everyone is just allowed to lob grenades at whichever program they choose and we have no idea if it's legitimate or simply a rival coach trying to inflict damage on a program.
    Annonymity is continued but it gives more relevance to the posts and I guarantee would require you to hand out far less IP bans.

You seem to have a fairly good mix from all clubs in Ct so I hardly believe you would lose traffic as the Soccerhead site did. Soccerhead for the most part became a CFC mouthpiece.

Why not use your CT site to experiment?

Thoughts from the readers?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The site would remain anonymous but readers will be able to get a feel for where posters are coming from?
    If there are 37 negative posts about MK then readers can quickly ascertain that this person has a real axe to grind and probably should be ignored it that is all he ever posts about.
    As it stands everyone is just allowed to lob grenades at whichever program they choose and we have no idea if it's legitimate or simply a rival coach trying to inflict damage on a program.
    Annonymity is continued but it gives more relevance to the posts and I guarantee would require you to hand out far less IP bans.

You seem to have a fairly good mix from all clubs in Ct so I hardly believe you would lose traffic as the Soccerhead site did. Soccerhead for the most part became a CFC mouthpiece.

There's nothing to stop people from constantly adding new user names. They might be a little more careful but probably not much.

Comment

There's nothing to stop people from constantly adding new user names. They might be a little more careful but probably not much.
      Plus, BS is a disgrace and deserves everything they get. If this were a college program, the NCAA would give them the death sentence.

Comment

And you are...?

Comment

This is obviously from a BS parent or coach. Let me respond by saying that for many years BS (and MK in particular) has treated some families and players really poorly. If you had a problem with it you were pretty much told to leave. This guy is so vindictive that no one would dare to speak out publicly about what he did to them, knowing that they are risking that he would go out of his way to hurt them back if he could.

This website gives those people the opportunity to warn others and to speak frankly about what happened. You'd like to change that and silence them by making them identify themselves? That would return things to business as usual at BS and you could pretty much assure that nothing would change there.

My question is this: does anyone think MK will change his behavior in light of it becoming well known? I am hoping that it will (for all the unsuspecting families that go there in the future). My fear is that this guy simply finds this mildly annoying but will continue to do all the mean things he's always done.

Comment

This is obviously from a BS parent or coach. Let me respond by saying that for many years BS (and MK in particular) has treated some families and players really poorly. If you had a problem with it you were pretty much told to leave. This guy is so vindictive that no one would dare to speak out publicly about what he did to them, knowing that they are risking that he would go out of his way to hurt them back if he could.

This website gives those people the opportunity to warn others and to speak frankly about what happened. You'd like to change that and silence them by making them identify themselves? That would return things to business as usual at BS and you could pretty much assure that nothing would change there.

My question is this: does anyone think MK will change his behavior in light of it becoming well known? I am hoping that it will (for all the unsuspecting families that go there in the future). My fear is that this guy simply finds this mildly annoying but will continue to do all the mean things he's always done.
            I really hope he does some serious soul-searching in light of the notoriety he is receiving. I had no idea so many families have spoken out about what our family has felt for years.

Comment

I really hope he does some serious soul-searching in light of the notoriety he is receiving. I had no idea so many families have spoken out about what our family has felt for years.
              Should we really spend so much time worrying about this guy? Just leave the club. That's how he'll learn. Stop enabling his issues by writing him a check. MOVE ON. There are other clubs. I'd like to see him bagging groceries at Stew's.

Comment

Karma is a b....! We are with another club. The recent collapse is icing on the cake.

Comment

Not for nothing, but if someone really wanted to identify a poster they can, it's called an IP address. Your not as hidden as you think you are.

Comment

Not for nothing, but if someone really wanted to identify a poster they can, it's called an IP address. Your not as hidden as you think you are.
                    Not for nothing but to get an IP address link to a person, good luck. Beachbum may have the IP address but that IP address is usually linked to an internet service provider. To get the internet service provider to provide the owner of that IP address at the time, you have to bring a lawsuit. In the lawsuit, you have to provide evidence that survives a motion to dismiss. Most IP addresses would say something like Cablevision business or cablevision residential and might have a general area but not a specific location.

Are you going to spend the money for a failed lawsuit? Have fun!

Oh...by the way, ever hear of vidalia? If a poster uses that service, the IP address cannot be tracked.

Comment

I think you should post the IP address of those that post similar to how Wikipedia does.

This makes people accountable for their posts without giving up the anonymity that inspires frank discussion. Flamers can't post something then post the opposite view stoking the flames., etc.

Comment

Shut your pie hole

Originally posted by Jimr17 View Post
                        I think you should post the IP address of those that post similar to how Wikipedia does.

This makes people accountable for their posts without giving up the anonymity that inspires frank discussion. Flamers can't post something then post the opposite view stoking the flames., etc.
                        Thanks, when you start your web board, you can make that policy, until then Jim, nice knowing you

Comment

Should we really spend so much time worrying about this guy? Just leave the club. That's how he'll learn. Stop enabling his issues by writing him a check. MOVE ON. There are other clubs. I'd like to see him bagging groceries at Stew's.
                          Last time I checked this is America. You have the freedom to move to another club. Don't like it leave. Can anyone explain to me if he is that bad why does he consistently have the highest ranked teams in the nation, best placement for college teams, and a waiting list out the door (if you can make it on the team) for boys teams. Always a bullseye on the back of successfull people and teams.

Comment

Last time I checked this is America. You have the freedom to move to another club. Don't like it leave. Can anyone explain to me if he is that bad why does he consistently have the highest ranked teams in the nation, best placement for college teams, and a waiting list out the door (if you can make it on the team) for boys teams. Always a bullseye on the back of successfull people and teams.
                            Is dat you Mickey?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X