Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are All Clubs Disorganized?

I am still new to the world of competitive soccer as this fall will be the start of my son's second year playing for a large club. I have been surprised and frustrated by the way that decisions seem to be made on a last minute basis, and wonder whether this is common in club soccer and something I will have to get used to, or whether it is just a function of this particular club? Decisions are not made as to when and where practices will be held until the week before practices start. As a working mom who has to arrange childcare and allow an hour driving time to get to practice this makes life difficult. Information as to uniform size is provided at tryout, but then must be given multiple times again, often with just a few hours notice. No decision has yet been made on where the team is playing for Labor Day, and parents are awaiting a decision as to whether the team must travel out of state or stay local. Is this the norm?

Re: Are All Clubs Disorganized?

Originally posted by Frustrated Mom
    I am still new to the world of competitive soccer as this fall will be the start of my son's second year playing for a large club. I have been surprised and frustrated by the way that decisions seem to be made on a last minute basis, and wonder whether this is common in club soccer and something I will have to get used to, or whether it is just a function of this particular club? Decisions are not made as to when and where practices will be held until the week before practices start. As a working mom who has to arrange childcare and allow an hour driving time to get to practice this makes life difficult. Information as to uniform size is provided at tryout, but then must be given multiple times again, often with just a few hours notice. No decision has yet been made on where the team is playing for Labor Day, and parents are awaiting a decision as to whether the team must travel out of state or stay local. Is this the norm?
    I believe that all clubs have their issues, but some are more organized than others. It really depends on who you talk to.

Comment

I am sure that this varies from club to club but there are clubs/teams that are very organized. Some of it comes down from the top but the coach and team manager are the biggest factors as to how organized the team is. If they are organized and pay attention to detail your experience will be smoother; if they are not you will remain a Frustrated Mom.

Comment

Re: Are All Clubs Disorganized?

Originally posted by Frustrated Mom
        As someone who has worked in club administration previously, I can tell you that clubs feel your frustration, and share it.

Often, practice fields aren't secured until the last minute, and those that own the fields are juggling multiple requests for use.

As for a Labor Tournament, applications were due long ago. Some haven't announced acceptances yet, so it's not the club's fault. can you find out where the team has applied to? That could at least give you an idea where you might be going.

Comment

That's kind of like saying are all parents unorganized. My preference is to get all the necessary information out there early so everyone can make plans but when you have some parents that don't respond until very late or don't even respond until the 2nd or 3rd request then that makes it more difficult. For practice nights I have already requested mine and have let my parents know. However, I'll bet you that some parents won't let me know of their conflicts until the day before we start. Plus the fields are so over scheduled everywhere that getting permission to use them does not always happen in a timely manner unless you happen to own your own fields.

I will agree with you on uniforms. I have never seen a club handle this in an efficient manner. Again, perhaps they don't have everyone's orders in and would rather place one order than several small ones

Fortunately I have a team manager who is experienced and extremely organized who also has enough knowledge to nip potential future problems before they occur.

Labor Day? When is that again? Just kidding. Again, we know where we are going and staying. Perhaps other clubs / teams have more options to choose from.

Have you asked the team manager?
          Energy

Comment

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/13 ... etail.html

could be worse.

Comment

Yes of course they are. All these English lads with fake degrees from over seas. Thinking they can run million dollar budgets. They are all a disaster.

Comment

These are all soccer guys and English rejects, none of whom know the first thing about running a business or client service. Even the best clubs are disorganized and either hope for good parent manager volunteers or assume their reputation is good enough or they have league badges that will attract and retain players. They are all awful.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X