Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coaching Switch

Heard a rumor that RK was leaving SCP and headed to the dark side to join the CFC Mafia. Would be surprised if it was true, but couldn't blame him if he did. On the girl's side, SCP is a mess. What happens with his teams if he leaves? Both won the state cup this year. All is quiet on Soccerhead. Would have thought this would be big news on there.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Heard a rumor that RK was leaving SCP and headed to the dark side to join the CFC Mafia. Would be surprised if it was true, but couldn't blame him if he did. On the girl's side, SCP is a mess. What happens with his teams if he leaves? Both won the state cup this year.
    Perhaps he takes the teams with him and starts a new CFC branch?

Comment

doubt it

Perhaps he takes the teams with him and starts a new CFC branch?
      cfc is consolidating, ie CFC West concept. Why they would slot another branch in b/w impact and rocky hill is beyond me. More likely they eventually are combined with a and b team concept in the future with A perhaps getting an ECNL draw every other year and ghe other going to lower fairfield, extreme/gunners, et al. that would include CFC waves, the branch that will pick up all the nc, wilton, stamford kids when they all leave beachside on the girls side.

Comment

cfc is consolidating, ie CFC West concept. Why they would slot another branch in b/w impact and rocky hill is beyond me. More likely they eventually are combined with a and b team concept in the future with A perhaps getting an ECNL draw every other year and ghe other going to lower fairfield, extreme/gunners, et al. that would include CFC waves, the branch that will pick up all the nc, wilton, stamford kids when they all leave beachside on the girls side.
        CFC would never call a lower Fairfield County team "Waves". No one outside of Darien would be willing join it.

Comment

Waves

CFC would never call a lower Fairfield County team "Waves". No one outside of Darien would be willing join it.
          Was a joke...I will be more careful next time and actually tell u when I am joking

Comment

What is CFC West? You mention consolidation....are they consolidating Extreme, Gunners...and maybe Candlewood into one?

Comment

Makes sense

What is CFC West? You mention consolidation....are they consolidating Extreme, Gunners...and maybe Candlewood into one?
              Haven't seen an official word from cfc, but try out info posted on cfc website made mention of cfc west and try outs for some teams said cfc west.

Cfc not very good at communicating, similar to other clubs.

Comment

Almost, but not quite. CFC is consolidating certain age groups between the three branches you mention to move the best talent to a single team (Extreme) and provide the other players a "B" team spot and a chance to move up as they improve.

Currently, this only impacts the incoming U12 age group where you will see the A team listed under the CFC West branch, but called the CFC Extreme. The incoming U13 and U14 teams for Extreme are unaffected.

Comment

Almost, but not quite. CFC is consolidating certain age groups between the three branches you mention to move the best talent to a single team (Extreme) and provide the other players a "B" team spot and a chance to move up as they improve.

Currently, this only impacts the incoming U12 age group where you will see the A team listed under the CFC West branch, but called the CFC Extreme. The incoming U13 and U14 teams for Extreme are unaffected.
                  In an effort to compete with the arsenal u12s they consolidated the top talent
                  Of the u11 gunners and u11 extreme into CFC West.

Comment

That doesn't sound likely. Organizations don't merge in response to any particular group of players at another club. Deeper strategic reasons exist when something like that happens. My guess is CFC has taken some of the criticism of the "dunkin' donuts" strategy to heart. Starting to look a little more like NEFC.

If rumors are true that some SCP teams are coming over to CFC I'd bet you'd see a similar kind of consolidation with Impact. Sticking with the geographic theme - CFC South Central? That might be too much.

Comment

CFC has added a lot of branches on an ad hoc basis and now finds itself with multiple branches in certain parts of the state - eg Extreme and Gunners in northern Fairfield County. It would make sense for them to combine these to rationalize their geographic coverage, but I suspect that in some cases the arrangements that were agreed to when the branches were added do not give the parent club's management unfettered discretion to combine branches.

Comment

Compete with the new Arsenal U12s? That will not be too challenging from what I understand as that will be one of the weakest U12 teams at CFC next year.

From what I understand CFC West will be CFC's A team at U12, they have put most of the best talent at the age group on that team. CFC Alliance will be considered the B, CFC Wolves & CFC Impact C/D, CFC Arsenal & CFC Azzuri E/F. Arsenal will probably be able to compete against some of the mid-level U12 teams like the NE Comets.

At least we really will be able to find out which CFC U12 team is the best of all since they will get to play each other plenty of times in CJSA League.

Comment

From what I understand CFC West will be CFC's A team at U12, they have put most of the best talent at the age group on that team. CFC Alliance will be considered the B, CFC Wolves & CFC Impact C/D, CFC Arsenal & CFC Azzuri E/F.
                          I think that is an incorrect use of the concept of A team, B team, etc. A and B teams suggest that all players are eligible for all teams and the best players are on the A team and the weaker players on the B team. That is not the case with most of the CFC teams since they are geographically organized and as a result many of the players wouldn't even consider trying out for some of the other branch teams. You can speculate that certain branches will be stronger than other branches, but they are no more A, B or C than teams from separate clubs. BTW, my understanding is that the U12 Arsenal team will be very good talent wise and the coach is top notch.

Comment

I think that is an incorrect use of the concept of A team, B team, etc. A and B teams suggest that all players are eligible for all teams and the best players are on the A team and the weaker players on the B team. That is not the case with most of the CFC teams since they are geographically organized and as a result many of the players wouldn't even consider trying out for some of the other branch teams. You can speculate that certain branches will be stronger than other branches, but they are no more A, B or C than teams from separate clubs. BTW, my understanding is that the U12 Arsenal team will be very good talent wise and the coach is top notch.
                            Its OK that you think your daughters team is best CFC team.

Comment

Compete with the new Arsenal U12s? That will not be too challenging from what I understand as that will be one of the weakest U12 teams at CFC next year.

From what I understand CFC West will be CFC's A team at U12, they have put most of the best talent at the age group on that team. CFC Alliance will be considered the B, CFC Wolves & CFC Impact C/D, CFC Arsenal & CFC Azzuri E/F. Arsenal will probably be able to compete against some of the mid-level U12 teams like the NE Comets.

At least we really will be able to find out which CFC U12 team is the best of all since they will get to play each other plenty of times in CJSA League.
                              Whoa! Can I get some of whatever you are smoking?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X