Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NPL U12 Team

My daughter was selected for a good "A" travel team for fall 2012. We have been contacted by a premier club to play for them in the fall but they are going to play 8 v 8. It also seems to be a lot of travel to NY and NJ and it seems they may be having trouble filling the team (they emailed us on Saturday). I don't want to name the club but I would appreciate any info. on this NPL league and also playing 8 v 8 at U12 instead of 11 v 11 like most other teams.
    Thx

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My daughter was selected for a good "A" travel team for fall 2012. We have been contacted by a premier club to play for them in the fall but they are going to play 8 v 8. It also seems to be a lot of travel to NY and NJ and it seems they may be having trouble filling the team (they emailed us on Saturday). I don't want to name the club but I would appreciate any info. on this NPL league and also playing 8 v 8 at U12 instead of 11 v 11 like most other teams.
    Thx
    If it's Yankee don't bother waisting your time.There u12 team is not very good.

Comment

Yankee has 23 players on it's U12 team but the team will play 8v8 in the NPL.

What is the thinking behind that with 15 players as subs each week.

Comment

new

Thx
        npl is new on girls side, so not sure you will gleen much from this board on the league. it sems promising, but i dont expect much in the first year. not exclusive, many ct teams playing in one of the two "local" npl leagues. do a quick google search on npl and you can learn about the league. so if not that club, you can find others later.

as for 8v8, there is an argement to be made that kids get more touches vs 11 v 11 and field size is better for players who don't have stamina and strength required for the larger field. Region 1 is probably split. If you look at the regionals, you will see the states or organizations that still play 8v8 at U12.

I'm not sure where your daughter plays her travel, but it is probably safe to say the training will be much better at the premier club. Just do some homework on the club. Late in the process now, ideally you should have gone to a practice and or game to see what the coach/parents/players are like. Going premier at U13 will be tough as it will be expected your daughter have a strong set of fundemental foot skills.

cost and travel will be more, but if yor daughter wants to continue and play in high school and or college, I believe premier will prepare her to be a more impactful player vs just someone to fill out a roster

not knowing her travel program, potential premier team and your location makes a reccomendation difficult

Comment

If a team lists 23 on a roster will they enter 1 team in the league will they enter 2 teams? If not can they roster all 23 or just 15-18 which is normal?

Way too many for 1 team and traveling that far to watch your child play a small amount of time is something I would think twice about

Just my opinion

Comment

If a team lists 23 on a roster will they enter 1 team in the league will they enter 2 teams? If not can they roster all 23 or just 15-18 which is normal?

Way too many for 1 team and traveling that far to watch your child play a small amount of time is something I would think twice about

Just my opinion
            at u12 8v8 format, all NPL teams will enter 2 teams. 14 kids per roster max.

some clubs in NPL (Match Fit, Massapequa) will have 3-4 teams per age group but will enter 3rd and 4th tier teams into RPL (regional premier league, similar to NERP). Only 2 top tier teams will participate in NPL.

Comment

Yankee will be entering 2 U-12 teams in the NPL.

Comment

Yankee will be entering 2 U-12 teams in the NPL.
                They will both not be good

Comment

They will both not be good
                  uhohhhhh we got a hater in the house, and what team does ypur daughter play for kind sir?

Comment

No, he's correct. Yankee could have a decent team if took the best 14 of the 23 they have. However, at this point they are fishing for anyone who will come with a check. They are also promising some kids they will start and telling others that nothing has been decided. There will be an A and B team but who is on each team won't be announced until the fall, but, some kids have been told they are "A", etc. It's a mess and the result will be two mediocre to poor teams and most of the families are new to this and have no idea what they are getting into. It's a shame and the CJSA should not allow these teams to play at the Premier level.

Comment

No disrespect but florida has the best GU12 teams. come on down to disney's tourneys for a great time anyway. CFK Black, West Pines Black, Miami Premier Blue, Davie United Blue they are very very good teams.

Comment

Actually, to state the obvious, everyone knows the best are in Southern California and in upper half of TX.

Comment

No disrespect but florida has the best GU12 teams. come on down to disney's tourneys for a great time anyway. CFK Black, West Pines Black, Miami Premier Blue, Davie United Blue they are very very good teams.
                          No disrespect, but Florida is a great place for football players, but not soccer.

Comment

disrespect

florida has best 3v3, anything more than that is poor....been down there, some kids play 3v3 year round.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X