Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beachside in Rye, NY?

Can someone who knows - not someone from a rival club looking to crap on them - shed any light on the rumor that Beachside teams are to be located in Rye next year? If so, which ones? They claim the juniors program will be run out of New Canaan.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can someone who knows - not someone from a rival club looking to crap on them - shed any light on the rumor that Beachside teams are to be located in Rye next year? If so, which ones? They claim the juniors program will be run out of New Canaan.
    I don't know but I hope it's true -- get them out of CT as soon as possible. MK is a nutjob.

Comment

Where's the love? Or even the hate?

Are there no Beachside booster (or haters) out there who know the answer to this question?? If this were asked about CFC, FSA, OW, SCP, SP, etc you would get a dozen answers that would devolve into taunting and name calling like all of the other threads. Does anyone care about poor Beachside other than to make fun of NR's creepery or MK's rug?

Comment

Probably because no one gives a sh$&

Comment

Beachside rents fields in various locations, including RCD, for practices and games.

It is CT registered club and nothing is changing in that regard

Comment

Beachside rents fields in various locations, including RCD, for practices and games.

So which (if any) Beachside teams will have their training and/or games based in NY? The club seems a bit cagey on this question. Its not like the difference between Wilton and Weston. If there is a bait and switch going on its not fair to the families.

Comment

It's really as simple as identifying the appropriate venue for accusations and responses/defenses. Should that happen here or in front of the controlling authorties. I doubt anyone can really believe that this site is the more appropriate venue.

Comment

Standard BS. You're lucky if you are on a BS team. Don't worry about anything else, such as who your coach will be or where you will practice. Asking is insubordination; questioning is a court marshal offense.

Comment

Question

Are there no Beachside booster (or haters) out there who know the answer to this question?? If this were asked about CFC, FSA, OW, SCP, SP, etc you would get a dozen answers that would devolve into taunting and name calling like all of the other threads. Does anyone care about poor Beachside other than to make fun of NR's creepery or MK's rug?
                  No one has to ask fsa and oakwood. If someone asked about cfc branch, they would get an answer from a cfc parent or coach on this forum. Nothing to hide regarding practice location at those clubs and most clubs for that matter, they were just the first to come to mind.

Comment

I thought beachside was building a facility?

Comment

I thought beachside was building a facility?
                      spent it on the house

Comment

So which (if any) Beachside teams will have their training and/or games based in NY? The club seems a bit cagey on this question. Its not like the difference between Wilton and Weston. If there is a bait and switch going on its not fair to the families.
                        I heard BS is having to leave their New Canaan facility. If true, they may be waiting until everyone is locked in, checks deposited, tryouts are over before they deliver the bad news.

Comment

I heard BS is having to leave their New Canaan facility. If true, they may be waiting until everyone is locked in, checks deposited, tryouts are over before they deliver the bad news.
                          If I were allocating field space in New Canaan, I wouldn't want anything to do with BS or MKSE. Sometimes there are more important issues than rental income or having a good tenant.

Comment

Does anyone know more about this? Big difference between driving to Rye vs. New Canaan....

Comment

Does anyone know more about this? Big difference between driving to Rye vs. New Canaan....
                              I can tell you what at least one BS player THINKS... AA coaches the U15s and is also the varsity coach at RCDS. He is able to get free fields at RCDS and, since that's closer to him, the team is based there.

There have been rumors about BS losing field time at other locations so perhaps RCDS would become a safety valve for other teams if there is a squeeze. The other ages do NOT think that they will be spending any significant time in Rye. But who knows how much they know...

Of course, it didn't help to have tryouts in Rye. Nice messaging - talk about a tinderbox for speculation.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X