Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFC "B" team at U12

I understand CFC Arsenal will run a "B" team at U12. Why would you pull your kid out of a good travel program and pay $2,500 to have your kid play on a B team?

Is it girls? Some players would pay just to train. If her goal is to play HS soccer this would be good step. Isnt the price 2k?

Comment

U9/U10 $425.00 $275.00 $250.00 $250.00
      U11 $550.00 $275.00 $275.00 $250.00
      U12 $550.00 $425.00 $410.00 $410.00 $400.00
      U13 $550.00 $425.00 $410.00 $410.00 $400.00
      U14 $550.00 $425.00 $410.00 $410.00 $400.00
      U14 High School $550.00 $425.00 $410.00 $410.00
      U15+ $550.00 $425.00 $410.00 $410.00

Plus $260 for uniform

Comment

Why do people just slag off teams. Im sure the CFC B team would be competitive with other A teams in the area.

It is funny how people always have bad things to say about everything. You should work for CNN

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          U9/U10 $425.00 $275.00 $250.00 $250.00
          U11 $550.00 $275.00 $275.00 $250.00
          U12 $550.00 $425.00 $410.00 $410.00 $400.00
          U13 $550.00 $425.00 $410.00 $410.00 $400.00
          U14 $550.00 $425.00 $410.00 $410.00 $400.00
          U14 High School $550.00 $425.00 $410.00 $410.00
          U15+ $550.00 $425.00 $410.00 $410.00

Plus $260 for uniform
          Those are not the correct figures for Arsenal.

Comment

I understand CFC Arsenal will run a "B" team at U12. Why would you pull your kid out of a good travel program and pay $2,500 to have your kid play on a B team?
            Perhaps because you believe that its location, coaching, and training program is better for you and your kid than the alternatives? If you want to play in HS or college, your chances are generally much better if you get into a decent premier program early on. Lots of kids have been on good premier B teams at U12 (or even U14) and gone on to successful HS and college soccer careers. Having seen the Arsenal U12 tryouts (no, my kid is not in that age group), I can tell you that there was a lot of talent on the field. Not sure who the B coach would be, but Arsenal's coaches are generally quite good. I'm pretty sure a player would develop much better on an Arsenal U12 B team than virtually any travel team.

Comment

Why do people just slag off teams. Im sure the CFC B team would be competitive with other A teams in the area.

It is funny how people always have bad things to say about everything. You should work for CNN
              ----------------
              The CFC B/C/D/E/F teams are the 5 other branches at CFC other than Extreme/Arsenal/Wolves. Now we have 2nd teams per age group at a single branch?

What ever happened to quality over quantity?

These kids do not belong playing premier soccer. The complete dilution of CT premier soccer is now complete. These teams should not be allowed to play premier. Once again this is the reason CJSA is a complete joke.

I will tell you why Arsenal has a B team.............$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You show up with a check, you make the team. No tryout or evaluation needed.

Comment

----------------
                The CFC B/C/D/E/F teams are the 5 other branches at CFC other than Extreme/Arsenal/Wolves. Now we have 2nd teams per age group at a single branch?

These kids do not belong playing premier soccer. The complete dilution of CT premier soccer is now complete. These teams should not be allowed to play premier. Once again this is the reason CJSA is a complete joke.

I will tell you why Arsenal has a B team.............$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Here's the "premier" team elitists of your ilk are totally off base:

1. From the standpoint of CT youth soccer and CJSA -- It is beneficial to have every interested player getting top quality year-round soccer training. The more of a soccer culture our state has with everyone playing soccer the better. There is no doubt that you get better training in a premier program than a travel program, so having every able-bodied kid playing premier soccer is good for CT soccer, even if it means 1,000 clubs and A-Z teams.

2. From the standpoint of an individual player or parent -- It may make more sense for them to play a different sport than to pay $$$, but that should be there decision and not yours, right?

3. From the standpoint of the clubs - They are providing a service that their customers want, providing jobs for themselves and their friends/fellow coaches, and trying to build a successful and profitable business. That is good for them, good for the CT economy, and good old American free enterprise.

Why is it bad Mr. Elitist?

Comment

Go back to travel!

Comment

Here's the "premier" team elitists of your ilk are totally off base:

1. From the standpoint of CT youth soccer and CJSA -- It is beneficial to have every interested player getting top quality year-round soccer training. The more of a soccer culture our state has with everyone playing soccer the better. There is no doubt that you get better training in a premier program than a travel program, so having every able-bodied kid playing premier soccer is good for CT soccer, even if it means 1,000 clubs and A-Z teams.

2. From the standpoint of an individual player or parent -- It may make more sense for them to play a different sport than to pay $$$, but that should be there decision and not yours, right?

3. From the standpoint of the clubs - They are providing a service that their customers want, providing jobs for themselves and their friends/fellow coaches, and trying to build a successful and profitable business. That is good for them, good for the CT economy, and good old American free enterprise.

Why is it bad Mr. Elitist?
                    good post. Supply and demand. The more it grows the better training that will filter down from the top. Heck, we may even see a few turf fields go up because of the proven demand. Thats good for everyone.

Another reason to go B team is the winter season. It's probably the most costly too.

Comment

----------------

This is a Lie, I was at the tryouts with my daughter and they had nearly 50 players show up and the quality of player was very high. Many of the players on the Spurs and Arsenal have been with the program for the last two years. With Beachside and Everton not having a U12 team there where much more better players available than in past years. Many players didn't make the Spurs program this year when they could of made a third team if they really wanted to.

Not sure why people feel the need to try and put down successful programs and teams.

Comment

Ego (parents) is a huge factor. My kid plays on the "premier" so and so team.
                        Fear: my kid will be left behind, all these other kids are going to "premier" teams, I better sign up too. But what's your goal??
                        They are 10 and 11 years old, if you're angling for a College scholarship you're almost certainly wasting your money.
                        Don't worry about HS, lots of non-premier kids play for HS soccer teams. Ask your local HS coach.
                        This is a bubble, don't buy into it, I wish I could short CT "Premier" Soccer.

Comment

misnomer

IMO, calling it a "B" team is really a misnomer. Many of these "B" girls are at a temporary disadvantage due to size and subsequently speed. A lot can and will change over the course of the next 3 years. There are plenty of "old" kids on the A teams who are essentially playing down and have the temporary advantage of bulk and brawn which make them stand out NOW. As for CFC, look at the quality of coaching! We have found CFC to be a nurturing and friendly environment where families are treated with respect. The coaches are firm but fair and NONE of them have texted my 12 year old daughter at 2:30 in the morning.

Comment

With Beachside and Everton not having a U12 team
                            Really? I would have thought that there were more than enough girls in the area that would have preferred not to slog 45 minutes through rush hour traffic to Easton for practices.

Comment

Don't worry about HS, lots of non-premier kids play for HS soccer teams. Ask your local HS coach.
                              Yes, but most of non-premier girls never make it past JV and few become impact players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X