Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resume' Inflation with Soccer Coaches

I've seen numerous references to coaches' penchant for inflating their resume's. I have to believe this is even more true in the high school coaching ranks.

What's the best/quickest site to research what is part of the soccer bio is true and what is "50 Shades of Goal?"

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I've seen numerous references to coaches' penchant for inflating their resume's. I have to believe this is even more true in the high school coaching ranks.

What's the best/quickest site to research what is part of the soccer bio is true and what is "50 Shades of Goal?"
    Let's stop beating around the bush and tell us all who you are going after. You are probably the same person who started the "least favorite coaches" thread.

Comment

What does it matter who I'm looking into? If the person has been honest about their bio, they should have nothing to fear, just like NR.

Comment

What does it matter who I'm looking into? If the person has been honest about their bio, they should have nothing to fear, just like NR.
        good luck on your witch hunt

Comment

http://www.newsrealblog.com/wp-conte...witch-hunt.jpg

Comment

Resume Deflation

Steve can you answer this one?

Why doesn't CFC have STAFF BIOS on their website? I would think that would be pretty standard for such a great club such as CFC. Looks like at the moment CFC might be the only ECNL club that doesn't list BIOS of their coaches. What gives?

When clicking on staff on the CFC website this is what is listed:

-----------------------------------------
            THE CFC COACHING STAFF

The Connecticut Football Club is extremely proud of our coaching staff. Our coaches are nationally and state licensed by the various soccer governing bodies throughout the world. Our staff also includes 15 current college coaches, 10 current and former Olympic Development Program staff members, several high school head coaches, as well as many past and present professional players. We are dedicated to ensuring our staff provide the optimal environment and instruction to promote the development of all players in our programs.
            Please visit out "Team contacts" tab to contact individual team coaches.

Comment

full disclosure

The Connecticut Football Club is extremely proud of our coaching staff. Our coaches are nationally and state licensed by the various soccer governing bodies throughout the world. Our staff also includes 15 current college coaches, 10 current and former Olympic Development Program staff members, several high school head coaches, as well as many past and present professional players. We are dedicated to ensuring our staff provide the optimal environment and instruction to promote the development of all players in our programs.
              -------------
              As a parent I would want to know the basic background & qualifications of a prospective coach before shelling out over 3K to develop my daughter for 10 months.

Why wouldn't CFC list what type of certifications, licenses, coaching & playing experience their coaches have, especially at the ECNL "elite" level. Is there something to hide fellas?

Comment

-------------
                As a parent I would want to know the basic background & qualifications of a prospective coach before shelling out over 3K to develop my daughter for 10 months.

Why wouldn't CFC list what type of certifications, licenses, coaching & playing experience their coaches have, especially at the ECNL "elite" level. Is there something to hide fellas?
                If you had a kid trying out for 1 of their teams, you would know. That being said, you are right that it should be posted on their website. I just think the club has gotten so big that they can't/don't centrally handle it, but they should encourage/require their branches to post the resumes of the branch coaches.

Comment

Why doesn't CFC have STAFF BIOS on their website? I would think that would be pretty standard for such a great club such as CFC. Looks like at the moment CFC might be the only ECNL club that doesn't list BIOS of their coaches. What gives?

When clicking on staff on the CFC website this is what is listed:

-----------------------------------------
                  THE CFC COACHING STAFF

Better than Beachside, where MK doesn't announce the coaching assignments until AFTER tryouts. You are supposed to trust him, because MK would never hire a bad coach.

Comment

Better than Beachside, where MK doesn't announce the coaching assignments until AFTER tryouts. You are supposed to trust him, because MK would never hire a bad coach.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------
                    I heard MK was pulling the bait and switch technique at tryouts big time.

Parents of kids who informed MK that they will not be returning (going Academy) were told to still attend tryouts and to keep their decision confidential. MK was afraid that the new prospects were going to see that the better players were not coming back and would be turned off. CLASSY

In regards to the coaching announcements good luck to the BSC U11 girls, the newest addition to the BSC family coached my no other than Nathan!

Comment

---------------------------------------------------------
                      I heard MK was pulling the bait and switch technique at tryouts big time.

Parents of kids who informed MK that they will not be returning (going Academy) were told to still attend tryouts and to keep their decision confidential. MK was afraid that the new prospects were going to see that the better players were not coming back and would be turned off. CLASSY

In regards to the coaching announcements good luck to the BSC U11 girls, the newest addition to the BSC family coached my no other than Nathan!
                      Wow! Not only does NR not get fired -- they give him fresh recruits to emotionally scar. Well done MK!

To the parents of this latest BS U-11 team: your decisions are not binding until 8/1, so you still have time to switch clubs. If you don't believe what has been written about NR on this site and send your daughter there anyway, well...

Comment

Wow! Not only does NR not get fired -- they give him fresh recruits to emotionally scar. Well done MK!

To the parents of this latest BS U-11 team: your decisions are not binding until 8/1, so you still have time to switch clubs. If you don't believe what has been written about NR on this site and send your daughter there anyway, well...
                        How do I verify what the FSA U13 coach is claiming on his bio from '82?

Should that even be relevent? Perhaps it is time to update the bio no?

Comment

Is this Boys or Girls?

Comment

How do you update high school coaches resumes? By HS state titles, FSA coaches are a joke. There is so much potential over there that is getting wasted by their so called coaches. Great facility, great location to draw from, ****ty coaches, priceless....

Comment

How do you update high school coaches resumes? By HS state titles, FSA coaches are a joke. There is so much potential over there that is getting wasted by their so called coaches. Great facility, great location to draw from, ****ty coaches, priceless....
                              Is this an FSA parent or former FSA parent making this statement? Someone who actually has intimate knowledge of the "****ty" coaches at FSA? Are you a coach from another club who has seen FSA teams play a "****ty" brand of soccer and are blaming it on their coaches?

I realize no one wants to put their name on these posts but how about telling us what angle you are coming from when you make these insulting and unsupported statements? Is it that FSA coaches are all HS coaches that rubs you the wrong way? Is it that they cut your kid? FSA seems to do pretty well in the standings and rankings. Seems unlikely that they would achieve what they've achieved with "****ty" coaches. No?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X