Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sporting CT - New Club?

Hearing some chatter about this new club in the central CT / Middletown area. Anybody have any solid info?

Middletown Youth Soccer has started a relationship with a new club
    http://www.middletownsoccer.org/
    following link to premier leads you to
    http://www.sportingct.com/

Coaching staff is listed as:
    Goran Vasic
    Jeremy Wilson
    Zach Eddinger

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Middletown Youth Soccer has started a relationship with a new club
      http://www.middletownsoccer.org/
      following link to premier leads you to
      http://www.sportingct.com/

Coaching staff is listed as:
      Goran Vasic
      Jeremy Wilson
      Zach Eddinger
      So where does foundation fit in to all this. The watering down of Ct socccer continues...

Comment

So where does foundation fit in to all this. The watering down of Ct socccer continues...
        The Foundation parents have to buy new unis

Comment

good luck

The Foundation parents have to buy new unis
          So basically middletown in between Oakwood, SCP and CFC Rocky Hill is going to take a bunch of town team players and call them premier. While I applaud the $1400 cost, I see this team as being gobbled up by one of those three clubs in the next two years. I am willing to bet no current premier player will jump at the opportunity to play on a town team with new and probaby better coaching, but with no national league affiliation. The club won't have enough time to generate enough success to make it work.

Unless they have something unique to offer, they are doomed to become a takeover target that will feed a few decent middletown kids to someones premier rosters

Comment

So basically middletown in between Oakwood, SCP and CFC Rocky Hill is going to take a bunch of town team players and call them premier. While I applaud the $1400 cost, I see this team as being gobbled up by one of those three clubs in the next two years. I am willing to bet no current premier player will jump at the opportunity to play on a town team with new and probaby better coaching, but with no national league affiliation. The club won't have enough time to generate enough success to make it work.

Unless they have something unique to offer, they are doomed to become a takeover target that will feed a few decent middletown kids to someones premier rosters
            I think the idea makes sense, as we are beginning to see the traditional premier clubs provide an A and a B team on a growing basis (CFC, FSA, Oakwood, Yankee, Beachside) where the B team kids pay e same price for a lower level of competiton. And with the departure of these clubs from the CJSA, it allows less talented clubs to compete in CT Division 1 soccer without the $2,400 price tag. Whether this club provide quality coaching at that price I can't say, but I can see this mid-level business model working.

Comment

CFC and Oakwood don't have B teams. CFC has second tier clubs under the cfc name but arent second teams under one club.

I think what we are seeing now is pay-for soccer wants to be all year and not just be a travel version of town soccer. Thats what Sporting looks like. But that doesnt mean they are going to be able to compete with any of the established clubs in the near future. Not enough kids.
              With 3 coaches on staff, they must nto be fielding a team at each age or expecting to be full at boys and girls.

Comment

CFC and Oakwood don't have B teams. CFC has second tier clubs under the cfc name but arent second teams under one club.

I think what we are seeing now is pay-for soccer wants to be all year and not just be a travel version of town soccer. Thats what Sporting looks like. But that doesnt mean they are going to be able to compete with any of the established clubs in the near future. Not enough kids.
                With 3 coaches on staff, they must nto be fielding a team at each age or expecting to be full at boys and girls.
                CFC Arsenal U13 has the A team (Arsenal) and the B team (Spurs) this year, and had the same set up last year at U12. Yankee has a U12 A and B team this year but I don't know the names. Beachside U12 boys had two teams last year. I thought I had seen Oakwood Black and White teams for the same age group at one time but I could be wrong.

From what I know, these A and B teams pay the same price for different levels of competition.
                I guess you could argue that since the coaching is the same, the price should be the same. If a club can offer quality training for $1,000 less and play against these B teams in the CJSA, I can see this model being a successful bridge between Travel and true premier.

Comment

CFC Arsenal U13 has the A team (Arsenal) and the B team (Spurs) this year, and had the same set up last year at U12. Yankee has a U12 A and B team this year but I don't know the names. Beachside U12 boys had two teams last year. I thought I had seen Oakwood Black and White teams for the same age group at one time but I could be wrong.

From what I know, these A and B teams pay the same price for different levels of competition.
                  I guess you could argue that since the coaching is the same, the price should be the same. If a club can offer quality training for $1,000 less and play against these B teams in the CJSA, I can see this model being a successful bridge between Travel and true premier.
                  Oakwood has only 1 team per age group!

Comment

Oakwood has only 1 team per age group!
                    OK. Sorry about that.

It looks like this A and B team things more of a Fairfield County issue, where families have no problem spending $2,400 to have their kids play on a B team. In Hartford County, is FSA the only club that has an A and a B team model?

Comment

OK. Sorry about that.

It looks like this A and B team things more of a Fairfield County issue, where families have no problem spending $2,400 to have their kids play on a B team. In Hartford County, is FSA the only club that has an A and a B team model?
                      At 15 and above you can call it whatever you want but after CFC United, those are all B teams

Comment

OK. Sorry about that.

Don't think it is a Fairfield County thing or necessarily a growing trend. Everton and FSA are currently the only clubs that routinely do B teams. Also, Everton charges more if you are on their A (Regional) team. A lot of clubs have had B teams from time to time over the years -- eg Yankee had A and B teams in one age group back in the early 2000's. NE Comets has had A and B teams at times. I think SCP and S+ have also. Most clubs are happy to do A and B teams if (1) there a lot of decent players who show up at their tryouts and (2) they have the fields and coaches to handle 2 teams.

Comment

At 15 and above you can call it whatever you want but after CFC United, those are all B teams
                          By your definition, most club's A teams are B teams, including S+'s teams.

Comment

FSA only wants the money....they charge the same regardless of A or B, than hit the A team with significant up charges for Regional play....

Comment

I have heard Oakwood state they only have one team at each age group, but at least on the boys side they have enough U12 players (26) to field and play two teams. Their website even shows two different team pictures. This makes sense, as they need larger pool for 11v11 games at older ages. Tryout results only show 15 players on boys U13 this fall and they are looking for more players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X