Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why was FC Wisconsin ECNL thread nuked?

?????? Was there really something that offensive that the thread merited being nuked? It looked like a free and unbiased source of information - something that is a rarity on TS. If moderators are going to nuke threads at the requet of anybody, then this board will lose whatever little value it had in serving as an exchange of information.

BIG BROTHER LIVES!!

Here's a cached copy of the thread

Comment

Is it because there hasn't been a lot of activity on WI threads yet and maybe no monitor for this state? But IL and WI are hot beds for soccer development with it being the area where ECNL started, USSDA teams, CL and TD, and also FC Milwaukee's spinnoff really changing the landscrape. It would make for good discussion. Is it possible Beachbum could comment on if the midwest could get into the mix?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Is it because there hasn't been a lot of activity on WI threads yet and maybe no monitor for this state? But IL and WI are hot beds for soccer development with it being the area where ECNL started, USSDA teams, CL and TD, and also FC Milwaukee's spinnoff really changing the landscrape. It would make for good discussion. Is it possible Beachbum could comment on if the midwest could get into the mix?
        it is RD (typo...not TD) from Eclipse who handles the ID2 efforts...how are all these clubs working together now with the new affliation. Will this be a trend with our state ECNL to have it be stand alone....who can comment from the midwest? .

Comment

Thought it was a good conversation offering clarity to a messy situation...would like a comment on the removal of the thread.

Comment

Thought it was a good conversation offering clarity to a messy situation...would like a comment on the removal of the thread.
            My guess is that someone complained about it and requested that it be removed and made some sort of an empty threat. There really was not anything inflammatory within the thread. It was stated that the FC Milwaukee ECNL teams have been struggling. That is a fact but perhaps someone did not like that fact being publicized.

Comment

Actually, I believe the thread was about CL's split from FC Milw and him taking the ECNL program to Eclipse WI as an offshoot of the Eclipse from Illinois.

Comment

Actually, I believe the thread was about CL's split from FC Milw and him taking the ECNL program to Eclipse WI as an offshoot of the Eclipse from Illinois.
                You are correct; that is what the thread was about. However, I think that there was some speculation within the thread about what the reasoning was in the decision to break off from DC Milwaukee. I think that one thought speculated that CL was attempting to bolster the depth of the player pool and by affiliating with the Eclipse and "servicing" Chicagoland by training in that area 1x per week, the depth of the pool would improve and therefore the team strength would improve. It is true that all of the current FC Milw ECNL teams play in "B" flight. This is less than ideal.

Comment

FC Milwaukee has a strong development program and years of being a key club in WI which will continue given the support and programs. This spinnoff is interesting, and how players will accept this and CL is to be determined. It should provide provide more options for players. Having standalone/jt effort type ECNL programs hopefully is not a trend.

Comment

This added great value to my intelligence.

Where did you find this incredible data?

check this site

Comment

I agree that FC Milw has the most complete program in the state and great facilities.
                      Think their is confusion out there that ECNL is the only way to go to develop successful soccer for girls. There are many solid programs who are not affiliated with ECNL.
                      Whatever happened to development of dedicated players versus poaching?

Comment

I agree that FC Milw has the most complete program in the state and great facilities.
                        Think their is confusion out there that ECNL is the only way to go to develop successful soccer for girls. There are many solid programs who are not affiliated with ECNL.
                        Whatever happened to development of dedicated players versus poaching?
                        I agree with you re: there being many solid non-ECNL clubs that do a great job with player development and getting exposure for their high-level players. Having said that, there are many ECNL clubs that also develop the majority of their players. Poaching is not something that is unique to ECNL clubs. It happened prior to the ECNL and will happen after the ECNL. Many clubs do it. In the end, a player is going to go where they want to be irregardless of club affiliation.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X