Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOCCERPLUS - What is going on here?

Can someone confirm this deal is done & that TD has really sold the club? Are KB & JB are really in charge of fixing this mess?

In addition the SP+ U13 team has opted out of playing U13 pre-ECNL. Is this the writing on the wall? Have the new owners come to the realization that the ECNL is not in the future plans for this struggling club?

How do they expect to play ECNL at U14? The team is not going to improve just playing in CT.

Rumor has it that the ECNL has asked CFC to now take the SP+ U13 spot and enter an additional team. So there will be 2 CFC teams playing in pre-ECNL league for 2012/2013. CFC Xtreme and CFC Arsenal.

Will those teams now drop out of CT League and State Cup like the rest of the CFC ECNL teams?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can someone confirm this deal is done & that TD has really sold the club? Are KB & JB are really in charge of fixing this mess?

In addition the SP+ U13 team has opted out of playing U13 pre-ECNL. Is this the writing on the wall? Have the new owners come to the realization that the ECNL is not in the future plans for this struggling club?

How do they expect to play ECNL at U14? The team is not going to improve just playing in CT.

Rumor has it that the ECNL has asked CFC to now take the SP+ U13 spot and enter an additional team. So there will be 2 CFC teams playing in pre-ECNL league for 2012/2013. CFC Xtreme and CFC Arsenal.

Will those teams now drop out of CT League and State Cup like the rest of the CFC ECNL teams?

It's a real mess! No one knows what is going on just that things don't look good. We got an email from JB (a parent) about "Continuing the Vision". This letter didn't say much other than he had "operational responsibility", AD was gone and MD was director of ECNL.

Tryout numbers were really low and at the boys tryout we learned that most of the staff had gone.

Comment

No Wolves?

It's a real mess! No one knows what is going on just that things don't look good. We got an email from JB (a parent) about "Continuing the Vision". This letter didn't say much other than he had "operational responsibility", AD was gone and MD was director of ECNL.

Tryout numbers were really low and at the boys tryout we learned that most of the staff had gone.
      Two Arsenal ECNLs, one Extreme ECNL and NO Wolves ECNL??? I'll believe that when I see it. Any configuration would be a massive improvement on a SoccerPlus entry, however. They are one of the worst CJSA teams - it would be sheer bad manors to make ECNL teams come to CT to play them.

Comment

Two Arsenal ECNLs, one Extreme ECNL and NO Wolves ECNL??? I'll believe that when I see it. Any configuration would be a massive improvement on a SoccerPlus entry, however. They are one of the worst CJSA teams - it would be sheer bad manors to make ECNL teams come to CT to play them.
        It's "manners" coach.

Comment

Whats with all the abbreviations and not saying peoples names? These are public figures not minors busted for stealing gum.

Comment

kp4t3f

You better believe it, cuz it's happening. I"m not sure if it was SP who opted out of U13 ECNL.....or whether they were pressured to do so. Either way....it's the right thing to do. Not sure if you are insinuating that Wolves should have have received the "open" ECNL slot at U13? It's a coin toss between giving it to the 13's for Arsenal or Wolves. Arsenal had a much easier league schedule in the spring....so their record was very good (while the Wolves had a more difficult schedule). I hope the decision makers took that into consideration. You could argue for either team getting picked.

Comment

You better believe it, cuz it's happening. I"m not sure if it was SP who opted out of U13 ECNL.....or whether they were pressured to do so. Either way....it's the right thing to do. Not sure if you are insinuating that Wolves should have have received the "open" ECNL slot at U13? It's a coin toss between giving it to the 13's for Arsenal or Wolves. Arsenal had a much easier league schedule in the spring....so their record was very good (while the Wolves had a more difficult schedule). I hope the decision makers took that into consideration. You could argue for either team getting picked.
              1. Let's all agree it's a good thing that S+ is being eased out of one of CT's two ECNL badges. They will undoubtedly fight like heck to keep it but not being able to field a team that's competitive in CJSA doesn't leave them much to say. The current U12 and U13 teams have 2 CJSA wins between them this Spring. And we've heard the U11s are moving to CFC so there's no cavalry coming in the pipeline.

2. If ECNL wants / needs to fill the hole left by S+, do they go with another strong non-ECNL club or do they offer CFC a second berth? If they offer the slot to CFC, who does CFC send? Arsenal was given ECNL status at U14 after finishing behind Extreme and Wolves (and Oakwood) in the Spring. Extreme was tapped at U13 after winning A division in the Fall. Previous poster noted that Arsenal U12s ripped through cream puff schedule in B division while Wolves made some waves in the A division so that's a push but both would be fine representatives and a huge upgrade over S+. My money would be on Wolves for the simple fact of spreading it around and because Wolves faces so much competition in the North / Central. If ECNL were on the ball they could go off the menu at U12 and allow SCP in. Those girls won a State Cup and are not tied up with any of the NPL leagues. Probably lots of politics weighing against that but it would produce the best CT contingent at that age.

Comment

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but the vacated spot will go to Arsenal

Comment

1. Let's all agree it's a good thing that S+ is being eased out of one of CT's two ECNL badges. They will undoubtedly fight like heck to keep it but not being able to field a team that's competitive in CJSA doesn't leave them much to say. The current U12 and U13 teams have 2 CJSA wins between them this Spring. And we've heard the U11s are moving to CFC so there's no cavalry coming in the pipeline.

2. If ECNL wants / needs to fill the hole left by S+, do they go with another strong non-ECNL club or do they offer CFC a second berth? If they offer the slot to CFC, who does CFC send? Arsenal was given ECNL status at U14 after finishing behind Extreme and Wolves (and Oakwood) in the Spring. Extreme was tapped at U13 after winning A division in the Fall. Previous poster noted that Arsenal U12s ripped through cream puff schedule in B division while Wolves made some waves in the A division so that's a push but both would be fine representatives and a huge upgrade over S+. My money would be on Wolves for the simple fact of spreading it around and because Wolves faces so much competition in the North / Central. If ECNL were on the ball they could go off the menu at U12 and allow SCP in. Those girls won a State Cup and are not tied up with any of the NPL leagues. Probably lots of politics weighing against that but it would produce the best CT contingent at that age.
                  ECNL only deals with clubs, not teams. The focus is not on the best team at the age group, but training and club philosophy.

Comment

ECNL only deals with clubs, not teams. The focus is not on the best team at the age group, but training and club philosophy.
                    Last I checked, SCP was a club. And a pretty good replacement for SoccerPlus in ECNL.

Comment

Last I checked, SCP was a club. And a pretty good replacement for SoccerPlus in ECNL.
                      I was answering the post about the SCP nU12 team. The poster was talking about their state cup win. Last I checked that is one team that was being referred to.

Comment

Because that's the only scp coach that can win

Comment

Is it that soccerplus isn't fielding ecnl teams any more after the current teams graduate thru u18?

I wonder what would have to happen for another team to use their name and ecnl status. Could soccerplus just be another cfc team under different name?

Comment

Is it that soccerplus isn't fielding ecnl teams any more after the current teams graduate thru u18?

I wonder what would have to happen for another team to use their name and ecnl status. Could soccerplus just be another cfc team under different name?
                            Would S+ be willing to sell their club to another club and thus assume their ecnl position? There are a few clubs that could step in and be better across the board, especially at the younger ages

Comment

Would S+ be willing to sell their club to another club and thus assume their ecnl position? There are a few clubs that could step in and be better across the board, especially at the younger ages
                              Right, Yankee, Oakwood or FSA could just call their girls team soccerplus.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X