Oakwood U-16Gs are posted

20 kids 6 new kids. Some from FSA

5 new kids

Comment

Not the mighty FSA losing players...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Not the mighty FSA losing players...
        Sometimes a team loses players because the player thinks they are undervalued....and are not getting satisfactory playing time. Therefore it's not always the better players leaving a team.

Comment

Sometimes a team loses players because the player thinks they are undervalued....and are not getting satisfactory playing time. Therefore it's not always the better players leaving a team.
          So says an FSA parent!

Comment

So says an FSA parent!
            I'm sure both teams lost a few players and picked up a few players. You wouldn't hold a tryout if you planned on playing with the exact same players every year. I'm sure we can start a thread that says CFC lost a few players, Oakwood lost a few players and then we can all say "mighty CFC lost a few players" etc. Both teams are very strong at this age and there is always a little turn-over, even with the better teams. End of story

Comment

I'm sure both teams lost a few players and picked up a few players. You wouldn't hold a tryout if you planned on playing with the exact same players every year. I'm sure we can start a thread that says CFC lost a few players, Oakwood lost a few players and then we can all say "mighty CFC lost a few players" etc. Both teams are very strong at this age and there is always a little turn-over, even with the better teams. End of story
              What story?

Comment

What story?
                Here's a story Oakwood has 20 kids on the roster. Roster size is growing at all the clubs

Comment

here is a story

Why do you feel the need to bring up CFC when discussing Oakwood U16 try outs. Someone mentioned FSA so the defensive FSA parent/coach/whatever, immediately states that FSA probably didn't lose anyone with talent (discrediting the youth player for leaving) then in the next sentence brings CFC in to the mix throwing the sacastic "mighty" in there for good measure.

So now that you have opened the door, how many current U15 CFCU players left the ecnl team and went to FSA to play on their U16 team? How many even tried out? Since CFCU roster was announced weeks ago, anyone who did, which I don't believe any would, clearly didn't make the CFC team because they already made the committment to CFCU.

If FSA parent are going to be asses, then expect that other teams parents to be asses right back...you reap what you sow!

Comment

Here's a story Oakwood has 20 kids on the roster. Roster size is growing at all the clubs
                    Why is that?

Comment

say it aint so

Are some dual rostered and receiving playing time on other Oakwood teams like the CFC girls, or has 20 now become the "right size" now that other clubs are getting greedy and taking money from kids number 19 and 20 who will most likely ride the bench, not suit up, or get very few minutes. Does Oakwood really need a bench of 9?

Comment

I think clubs take large rosters to keep the players from making the other rival teams stronger.

20 is a good number 22 is too many.

Comment

I think clubs take large rosters to keep the players from making the other rival teams stronger.

20 is a good number 22 is too many.
                          I think clubs take large rosters because: (1) it ensures that the coach should always have plenty of players for games and practices, regardless of injuries and conflicts and (2) it brings in more money. (I don't think the desire to prevent rivals from getting strong is a factor. How much a threat is it to let your rival have players #18-20?)

I'm not sure there is anything magic about 20 v 22. As a parent, I would say 20 is better than 22, but I would prefer 18 or 19 to 20. Optimum number depends on how many games per week the team expects to play, as well as less predictable factors such as player commitment level and number of injuries.

Comment

Even if everyone is doing it and it's the best thing for business and overall health of the club, that's too many players. If it becomes a trend it will probably reverse itself in years to come.

You figure 5 kids play most of the game right? so that leaves 6 spots for 15 players? And now that CT clubs refuse to play each other that's a trip to NY so your kid at best can play 1/3 of the game?

Comment

Maybe a College coach will spot the player on the highway, or at the rest area. You never know.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X