Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFC JR Azul

Who will this team play with Beachside and FSA leaving the state? And won't the creation of this team have more negative impact on the rest of the CFC boys teams?

What state are they moving to? Texas? Wont they lose players?

Comment

Did they announce the results of the tryouts?

Comment

Who would they play? Would they join the boys NLP maybe?

Comment

No. There is another tryout Monday 6/18 at 8pm at Treadwell Park in Newtown. The team is really just going to be made up of CFC players from all the branches.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            No. There is another tryout Monday 6/18 at 8pm at Treadwell Park in Newtown. The team is really just going to be made up of CFC players from all the branches.
            ------------

So no one good? I thought CFC only had girls teams?

Why would any boy of quality ever put on a CFC jersey?

Wake up and smell the coffee people!

Comment

------------

So no one good? I thought CFC only had girls teams?

Why would any boy of quality ever put on a CFC jersey?

Wake up and smell the coffee people!

CFC boys U15 won this year's state cup dominating FSA in the final and Beachside in the semis. The current CFC boys U16 was also in the cup final last year. Evidently they have at least a couple of quality boys playing for them.

Comment

CFC boys U15 won this year's state cup dominating FSA in the final and Beachside in the semis. The current CFC boys U16 was also in the cup final last year. Evidently they have at least a couple of quality boys playing for them.
                --------------------
                No one cares about what the CFC boys did in the CT State Cup. Lets not pretend that CFC boys are the best thing since sliced bread just because they had some good results in the State Cup. The quality is not there, especially at the older age groups 14+. So please lets not kid ourselves here.

You want to know why they won the cup by dominating FSA & Beachside & Everton & Academica & ................ at 15 & 16?

Because every kid who had any college aspirations or ambition to play at the highest level have have been long gone from those average "high school" teams. CFC at 15/16 obviously had the best high school team out there.

Just for reference the best players & the real soccer players flock to Oakwood, SCP, Westchester, Red Bull, Cosmos, PDA. You can go catch an academy game and see the difference if you would like. Let me warn you its drastically different. Kind of like watching a high school game then watching Brazil vs Argentina different.

Look on the bright side, your kid can always look forward to being a Azuligan in 3-4 years! Hopefully SC can get access to a stadium by then so people actually know where the games are week to week if they are even still around!

Comment

Actually I have seen Oakwood, South Central, Red Bull and FC Greater Boston play this year at both age groups. I was impressed by the speed of play and the technical skills of some of the individual players. I was surprised at how poorly these teams possessed the ball. It was typically a quick combination and then a 1 on 1 move or a dump. It was very rare for any of these teams to string more than 2-4 passes together. Simply put, it was not terrific soccer. Additionally, there are a lot of non-Academy kids in CT and MA that are better players than what I saw. Saying that the "best and real soccer players flock" to these programs is fantasy. Some do, some don't.

Comment

Actually I have seen Oakwood, South Central, Red Bull and FC Greater Boston play this year at both age groups. I was impressed by the speed of play and the technical skills of some of the individual players. I was surprised at how poorly these teams possessed the ball. It was typically a quick combination and then a 1 on 1 move or a dump. It was very rare for any of these teams to string more than 2-4 passes together. Simply put, it was not terrific soccer. Additionally, there are a lot of non-Academy kids in CT and MA that are better players than what I saw. Saying that the "best and real soccer players flock" to these programs is fantasy. Some do, some don't.
                    Great...then stay with CFC and go to soccerhead where all the CFC lovers go!!!
                    They make sure that nothing bad is put on that site about CFC!

Comment

It is interesting that someone who opens with "no one care about what the CFC boys did" is making multiple posts in a thread discussing CFC boys. Your actions belie your words.

Comment

Stay tuned, I am sure the CFC Azul Jr will be facing the almighty FSA sometime in the next 12 months.

Comment

I tend to agree with this. I have caught a few games at Oakwood park and have been disappointed in the overall quality of play. Not sure if that can be attributed to individual "stars" trying to show their stuff, but cohesive team play was generally lacking. The teams rarely if ever even attempted to build an attack from the back. I was surprised by how much long ball was played. Some of the players were quite talented, but I did not see the dramatic difference in overall play that has been suggested.

Comment

Not sure if that can be attributed to individual "stars" trying to show their stuff, but cohesive team play was generally lacking.
                            I have noticed this too (lots of 1 v 1, or often 1 v 2or3), but I suspect the players are being encouraged to be creative and to take defenders on.

Comment

Wow. Amazing hatred. Relax my man. It's youth soccer, not a hostile takeover.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X