Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will cfc branches do after all decent clubs go national?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will cfc branches do after all decent clubs go national?

The talk now is that cfc put in motion a new trend for good ct teams to play out of state to make sure they get a good games and exposure. When ecnl took two teams that left the other best team in CT to play a diluted field and feel like they are missing out on the attention that comes with playing big name clubs and being labeled by default as un-elite.

So now every club that can claim to being premier is playing out of state clubs and joining national leagues. Will the cfc teams play only each other starting at 11 years old? Will they join NPL too? If they do, what happens to the lesser cfc branches that didnt? Will they play travel teams and accept being labeled third tier cfc?

And part two to the conundrum...lots of kids came to cfc branches for the chance to play nationally. Now is the kids best chance coming up with a team that starts at u12? Why play with cfc 123 so you can come to an open tryout and switch teams 3 years later?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The talk now is that cfc put in motion a new trend for good ct teams to play out of state to make sure they get a good games and exposure. When ecnl took two teams that left the other best team in CT to play a diluted field and feel like they are missing out on the attention that comes with playing big name clubs and being labeled by default as un-elite.

So now every club that can claim to being premier is playing out of state clubs and joining national leagues. Will the cfc teams play only each other starting at 11 years old? Will they join NPL too? If they do, what happens to the lesser cfc branches that didnt? Will they play travel teams and accept being labeled third tier cfc?

And part two to the conundrum...lots of kids came to cfc branches for the chance to play nationally. Now is the kids best chance coming up with a team that starts at u12? Why play with cfc 123 so you can come to an open tryout and switch teams 3 years later?
    That's the way premier is going. If you don't want to play out of state then stick with Travel

Comment

Do you really think the NPL has all the next best teams?

FSA, Beachside girls are not playing in the league. Both are better than Yankee.

PDA Ginga went to the Region 1 championship and there are several other Region 1 teams.

Comment

times are changing

That's the way premier is going. If you don't want to play out of state then stick with Travel
        On the girls side, I would bring my daughter to the best CFC team (defined as best players and best coaching) within an hour drive at U12. Hopefully that team would get ECNL status early and she would get the experience of playing against the better clubs in the area and the better chance to get noticed early. I would throw in ODP just for the purpose of getting noticed either at Rider or the camp and get some regional exposure. If her club was not ECNL at earlier ages, then at U15, I would have her up at the United team try out and on an ECNL roster, I don't care if there are 22 girls on the roster.

I wouldn't waste my time with a poor CFC branch just because it is close and then think she will just be able to walk on an make a united team. If she/I weren't willing to make the committment, then I would bring her to the closest, best, non CFC team around and then try out for the CFC United team at U15

This is all predicated on her loving the game and wanting to be the best player she can be and willing to make the committment to be the best player she can be. Just my suggestion, doesn't mean it is the only or best way.

Comment

Here we go again...clubs trying to promote a very average league they have joined.

Same old Yankee very poor at the younger ages and hope they can recruit kids at u16 from other clubs to compete...That club does things the wrong way from start to finish and has no class what so ever..

Comment

Do you really think the NPL has all the next best teams?

FSA, Beachside girls are not playing in the league. Both are better than Yankee.

PDA Ginga went to the Region 1 championship and there are several other Region 1 teams.

FSA, Beachside and Yankee girls are all playing NPL.

Comment

On the girls side, I would bring my daughter to the best CFC team (defined as best players and best coaching) within an hour drive at U12. Hopefully that team would get ECNL status early and she would get the experience of playing against the better clubs in the area and the better chance to get noticed early. I would throw in ODP just for the purpose of getting noticed either at Rider or the camp and get some regional exposure. If her club was not ECNL at earlier ages, then at U15, I would have her up at the United team try out and on an ECNL roster, I don't care if there are 22 girls on the roster.

I wouldn't waste my time with a poor CFC branch just because it is close and then think she will just be able to walk on an make a united team. If she/I weren't willing to make the committment, then I would bring her to the closest, best, non CFC team around and then try out for the CFC United team at U15

This is all predicated on her loving the game and wanting to be the best player she can be and willing to make the committment to be the best player she can be. Just my suggestion, doesn't mean it is the only or best way.
              You're a good parent but cfc wont get a second ecnl entry...maybe the extreme or arsenal can do npl.

Comment

You're a good parent but cfc wont get a second ecnl entry...maybe the extreme or arsenal can do npl.
                What are you talking about!

Currently CFC Wolves U14 play ECNL and CFC Arsenal U13 play ECNL....

Next years 13 Wolves will play the ECNL spot and the following year CFC Arsenal....

CFC parent sounds like a very sensible one and seems to have a clue.

Comment

You are on the right track. Just finished the process. College commit. We were lucky as we started late. Had we started by U14/15 there would have been many monre options, as in choices. But like I said, we got lucky being in the right tournament at the right time. Start and be in place on a team with national exposure by U14/15. That is for optimal exposure, even if your daughter wants to stay close to home.

Comment

You are on the right track. Just finished the process. College commit. We were lucky as we started late. Had we started by U14/15 there would have been many monre options, as in choices. But like I said, we got lucky being in the right tournament at the right time. Start and be in place on a team with national exposure by U14/15. That is for optimal exposure, even if your daughter wants to stay close to home.
                    The national league is hardy the Ecnl..The Ecnl is the best of the best and the national league does not come even close..I am sure parents will get all bent out of shape and make poor decisions at tryouts because a salesman at a club tells them the national league is better than all others.
                    Soccer in the USA needs a firm structure and less choices. They should have a league system in place that promotes and relegates teams form higher to lower divisions starting with the lowest in State the moving up to the Ecnl being highest.
                    North east regional league, region1 premier league and the national league. USyouth soccer and USclub soccer should come together and work together to make all the leagues strong and structured.A very sad state of affairs as it seems to be more about a business rather than the kids.

Comment

Ecnl

What are you talking about!

Currently CFC Wolves U14 play ECNL and CFC Arsenal U13 play ECNL....

Next years 13 Wolves will play the ECNL spot and the following year CFC Arsenal....

CFC parent sounds like a very sensible one and seems to have a clue.
                      Why would Arsenal and Wolves be the CFC teams swapping ECNL at U13 and U14? The current Arsenal U13s are the weakest of the 3 power branches (even after spending a year in ECNL). And the current Wolves U12s are the weakest of the 3. Extreme is stronger than BOTH at BOTH age levels. Reason will need to prevail at some point lest CFC go the way of CJSA.

Comment

Why would Arsenal and Wolves be the CFC teams swapping ECNL at U13 and U14? The current Arsenal U13s are the weakest of the 3 power branches (even after spending a year in ECNL). And the current Wolves U12s are the weakest of the 3. Extreme is stronger than BOTH at BOTH age levels. Reason will need to prevail at some point lest CFC go the way of CJSA.
                        Doesnt the Extreme have youth teams at 9? The Wolves start at u12? When does Aresenal start 9?

Comment

At u12 are the Wolves sending kids who were on travel teams to compete nationally? When does this start?

Comment

Doesnt the Extreme have youth teams at 9? The Wolves start at u12? When does Aresenal start 9?
                            They all begin at U9. In one form or another. Some may even have U8s.

Comment

They all begin at U9. In one form or another. Some may even have U8s.
                              Looks like they do clinics during the season but kids are supposed to play town travel.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X