Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFC GK's Neglected All Season??

Most recently on the soccerhead blog SC (communist china) removed a post by a CFC parent (Soccerpuppy) asking why the CFC keepers have not had GK training ALL YEAR????
    After SC removed the post he commented, "Soccerpuppy please contact your local Branch Director." WOW

GK training at most premier clubs is standard and included in the yearly players tuition. How could this be? If I was a parent of a GK at CFC I would ask for a half tuition refund.

Is this true? Anyone know what happened with CFC and PD? Was there a falling out?

My bet it involved $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ & I know PD opened his own private GK school in Milford, CT out of some garage.

On the other end of the spectrum I recently witnessed the Soccerplus GK Coach at a Soccerplus friendly u13 game warming up their keepers. Pretty impressive if that is the standard for SP across the board. Now if they can only find 10 other girls who can walk and chew gum at the same time they will be all set!!!!!!!

Goalkeeper training at most clubs takes a back seat to regular training sessions. Soccerplusct used to be known for their training thanks to TD.

Comment

Originally posted by CFCWildabeasts View Post
      Most recently on the soccerhead blog SC (communist china) removed a post by a CFC parent (Soccerpuppy) asking why the CFC keepers have not had GK training ALL YEAR????
      After SC removed the post he commented, "Soccerpuppy please contact your local Branch Director." WOW

GK training at most premier clubs is standard and included in the yearly players tuition. How could this be? If I was a parent of a GK at CFC I would ask for a half tuition refund.

Is this true? Anyone know what happened with CFC and PD? Was there a falling out?

My bet it involved $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ & I know PD opened his own private GK school in Milford, CT out of some garage.

On the other end of the spectrum I recently witnessed the Soccerplus GK Coach at a Soccerplus friendly u13 game warming up their keepers. Pretty impressive if that is the standard for SP across the board. Now if they can only find 10 other girls who can walk and chew gum at the same time they will be all set!!!!!!!
      its funny you bring this up because I was curious about what Soccerpuppy had said. Just shows you the CFC board otherwise known as Soccerhead is a perfect landing spot for all the CFC supporters where everything is filtered. Sure there is a lot of crap spewed in these parts but every once in a while you get some interesting info like this. My kid is a keeper and I would not be happy if he played for a club that didn't at least offer some gk training. Who is PD? Can you say his same if you are not speaking poorly of him?

Comment

Is this PD?

http://www.keeperfactory.com/
        http://www.bravogk.com/KeeperFactoryClinics.htm

Comment

Pretty typical of this board.

"My bet it involved $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ & I know PD opened his own private GK school in Milford, CT out of some garage."

bottomfeeders

Comment

I believe you found it. My kid's not a keeper, but the guy that was doing CFC keeper training when my daughter played there had the same first name as the link. Sorry, I don't recall his last name. He deemed well thought of though. I wasn't aware he wasn't with CFC anymore.

Comment

The problem is these clubs are willing to pay the head coaches and expect the goalkeeper coaches to get paid a fraction of a regular coaching salary. Plus, there really aren't a lot of top level keeper coaches out there...

Comment

post removed

Probably the first post I have deleted in over a year. I actually removed three posts in the thread. Nothing major but it was a question and answer session between a parent and a coach...it wasn't constructive just bickering about whether the parent and his daughter showed up at the sessions or not.
                You just had to ask!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  its funny you bring this up because I was curious about what Soccerpuppy had said. Just shows you the CFC board otherwise known as Soccerhead is a perfect landing spot for all the CFC supporters where everything is filtered. Sure there is a lot of crap spewed in these parts but every once in a while you get some interesting info like this. My kid is a keeper and I would not be happy if he played for a club that didn't at least offer some gk training. Who is PD? Can you say his same if you are not speaking poorly of him?
                  Yes everything id filtered on that blog....pro CFC or nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by Soccerhead Admin View Post
                    Probably the first post I have deleted in over a year. I actually removed three posts in the thread. Nothing major but it was a question and answer session between a parent and a coach...it wasn't constructive just bickering about whether the parent and his daughter showed up at the sessions or not.
                    You just had to ask!
                    Thanks for posting

Comment

CFC ECNL teams at PDA had a gk coach for warm ups and at games for them.

I didn't see many other clubs there with a gk there.

Comment

keepers

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                        CFC ECNL teams at PDA had a gk coach for warm ups and at games for them.

I didn't see many other clubs there with a gk there.
                        Perhaps the united ecnl teams are getting a different level of service. You can bet cfc branches weren't getting the same

Comment

How many clubs have gk trainers at games ???

Comment

Originally posted by Soccerhead Admin View Post
                            You just had to ask!
                            Know the parent who posted the question about his daughter not getting GK training at CFC. She's been on the United team for a few years. Great kid with ODP Regional background. If his daughter didn't show up for some CFC training sessions, it was because she was training with the Canadian National Team for CONCACAFs.

If CFC doesn't like negative comments on Soccerhead, they delete them. I thought the parent asking the question had a right to know, as this kid and other GKs from CFC, have been paying for private GK lessons, due to lack of GK training provided.

Comment

Originally posted by CFCWildabeasts View Post

PD is an awesome GK coach. Saw him train the keepers at ODP a few years ago. This guy is definitely high energy and the kids loved him. I'm also curious as to why CFC no longer uses him. He definitely has the background and experience they need for strong GKs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X