Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michigan Rovers

The Michigan Rovers have formed teams at GU14 and GU15 that will play in the MSPSP this fall. We will be forming two College Showcase Teams at GU15 and GU17 in the near future. We thank all the Michigan Soccer Community for their interest and support...

Kudos Rovers Nation...

Good luck to Alex Ludwig and the Michigan Rovers!

Comment

Who are the assistant coaches/trainers?

From the Rovers web site:

Trainers

Alex Ludwig, Founder of the Rovers, is also the Director of Coaching. He will be the head coach and trainer for each team formed by the Rovers this first year.

Over the next 30 days, as Tryout date approaches, we will post the names of our assistant coaches.

Comment

Gotta love it...

Gotta love the idea of a small club dedicated to producing quality female players. My hat is off to the Rovers and the players that have joined their vision. Good Luck!

Comment

Rovers Nation in Motion!!!

The Rovers Nation is now in motion. Very interesting to see a club formed for all the right reasons. From what I understand their goal was to form 2 teams this year. Which they did at GIRLS U14 and U15. Field a total of 4 teams in year two and a total of 6 teams in year three. Once complete Rovers will field teams at GIRLS U13 U14 U15 U16 U17 U18 . Plus form a few LOW COST Tournament / College Showcase Teams in the near future that will play year round and provide an economical alternative to Super Y in the Summer. GO ROVERS NATION!

Comment

No

Their goal was to form four teams. All the luck in the world to them but don't rewrite history your club's own history.

" Michigan Rovers GU13 GU14 GU15 GU16 Teams

Did your daughter improve substantially last year? Did she get enough playing time. Is she happy with the role she played on her team? Did she get the personal attention from the coach and trainers she needed to develop to her fullest. Is she getting the attention and training that will enable her to stand out in High School and play College Soccer? These are important factors to consider at this time of the year. Coach Alex Ludwig and the Michigan Rovers are dedicated to the personal development of each and every Rovers player. Coach Ludwig will work hard with each and every player to ensure they are gaining the skills necessary to compete at the Highest Level. Our roster size of 15 field players per team results in maximum playing time. Each team will be coached by Alex Ludwig a USSF "A" Licensed coach and a Rovers staff trainer. This enables us to maintain a coach to player ratio of 1 to 8 resulting in maximum player development both technically and tactically. Personal attention to player development is critical if your daughter desires to play soccer in college. Our fees are $800 for a fall and spring team (U13,U14) and $500 for a Fall only team (U15,U16). This includes 2 tournaments, State Cup tournament entry fee, all coaching fees, practice/game field costs, referee fees and ROVERS TEAM CAMP. The Rovers Team Camp is an intense 5 day residential camp consisting of personal training, team training and conditioning. The team camp will also include 2-3 preseason games and team building activities. The Rovers Team Camp provides the foundation for a successful year of soccer. We are looking to build High Level Soccer Players and Championship Teams. We invite you to learn more about Coach Alex Ludwig and The Michigan Rovers at www.michiganrovers.com"

Comment

You are incorrect...

We had no idea in what age groups we would be able to field teams. For that very reason we held tryouts for the 4 age groups that we believed we had the best chance to create interest. Our club goal was 2 teams year one. Year two our goal will be 4 teams. Year three 6 teams, which is one in each age group Girls U13 U14 U15 U16 U17 and U18. Luckily we were able to form two quality teams this year at GU14 and GU15. We are pleased to have hit our goal and are excited about the interest the soccer community has shown the Rovers. We plan on crafting our club slowly with a focus on quality. Thanks, Rovers One

Comment

Rovers Created for all the wrong reasons

Don't be fooled by earlier posts. The Rover soccer club was created to promote a couple of individual soccer players. My daughter was on the U15 Rovers team last fall. We had a player who was not only playing up a year but was captian of the team from day one. It became very obvious that something was up after the first couple games of subpar play by this individual. When a family confronted the origization and the coach about this individuals playing time and her ability it was admitted that her parent "owned" the team, but it had nothing to due with her playing time.

This has put a strain on the whole soccer club. Many of the girls on my daughters team have not attended our winter training or the indoor soccer games. Our family fears that we may not have enough returning players to move up to Premeir 1 next year and worse yet, we fear there may not be a team at all next season. I guess we will be hitting all the tryouts next year.

Comment

So the parent you are referring to is Tarson?

Comment

We love the Rovers

My daughter had a great experience this past year at Rovers. Our team placed second in Premier and got moved up for next year. I am glad Tarson and GVSAman created the Rovers. As for Tarson's kid, she is a very nice young lady. Great passer and team player. Must be good as she has made both ODP and US Club id2. As for you Mr. and Mrs Negative, Your post reflects the reason all the Rovers parents were glad to see you go. You are mean, spiteful and unappreciative.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                      Don't be fooled by earlier posts. The Rover soccer club was created to promote a couple of individual soccer players. My daughter was on the U15 Rovers team last fall. We had a player who was not only playing up a year but was captian of the team from day one. It became very obvious that something was up after the first couple games of subpar play by this individual. When a family confronted the origization and the coach about this individuals playing time and her ability it was admitted that her parent "owned" the team, but it had nothing to due with her playing time.

This has put a strain on the whole soccer club. Many of the girls on my daughters team have not attended our winter training or the indoor soccer games. Our family fears that we may not have enough returning players to move up to Premeir 1 next year and worse yet, we fear there may not be a team at all next season. I guess we will be hitting all the tryouts next year.
                      Glad Tarson and GVSAman showed you parents the door. The Rovers Rock!

Comment

Boo Hoo

Boo Hoo. Let me guess your kid was a bench warmer. Seems like the Rovers kicked ass for a first year club.

Comment

I saw

I saw the owner's girl playing tough against some high school boys last summer at Marquette Park in a pick up game. She can play. That's a fact!

Comment

It is unfortunate...

...but true that you can't please all of the people all of the time...

...and the ones who are unhappy just won't go quietly.

There are factual errors in the post that attacks the Rovers.

The Rovers was started by two people who rounded up the 3rd, Alex Ludwig.

The Rovers SC was not originally designed to "promote" any players but rather it was a "vehicle" whereby one age group (U14) of very high level players (mostly from Detroit) and their parents could have a great coach and a club that catered to their needs and thei needs only.

The Rovers held tryouts for 4 age groups but in the original goal was only to form one girls premier team at U14.

The original plan fell apart on tryout day (for many reasons) and the backup plan was implemented.

The failure of the original plan coupled with the success of the backup plan allowed the Rovers to form 2 teams, U14 and U15. Both teams did well.

The U15 team started with 17 players.

One quit the team after the second scrimmage in Mid-August due to playing time issues and positional issues. This was a parent driven issue since the player was telling her teammates she wanted to stay on the team.

When the season concluded, two additional players disappeared and have not been heard from. Both were players whose parents were also upset about playing time and positional issues. One of the parents requested a meeting to discuss playing time and during the meeting was told by Alex Ludwig, in fairly clear terms that playing time was earned, Alex Ludwig determines who has earned it and positions were determined by Alex Ludwig. There are no other considerations.

That leaves the U15 Rovers with 14 players, substantially more than the 51% (9 in this case)returning players required by Premier to retain status.

The only purpose for anyone to state otherwise is to create issues where none exist.

Of these 14 players on the U15 team, one is taking the winter to pursue a completely different sport and the rest of the players are training with the Rovers on a weekly basis.

The U14 team looks pretty much the same. The team started with 18 players.

Four will be leaving this winter. One left after the season due to the 90 minute drive to practice. One has left due to her swimming this winter for HS and going to play HS in the spring. Two will be leaving due to playing HS in the spring. That leaves the team with 14 players, again well past the 51% (10 in this case) returning player rule.

All of these 14 players are training this winter.

The Rovers winter consists of weekly training and play as follows: 2 hours training on Saturday from 10am-12am, 2 hours of indoor games in a league on Saturday afternoons, 2 hours training on Sundays from 12pm-2pm and 2 hours of training on Mondays from 6:30-8:30pm.

This cost $64.00 per MONTH. I think that those who are familiar with the costs of travel soccer will verify that this is very reasonable.

There are always those who are unhappy no matter what happens. We wish them well wherever they may choose to go next.

Comment

thankful

During the Christmas season I often find myself reflecting on the various acspects of ones life and give thanks. To that end, one of the life experiences that occurred this year is introducing my daughter into a soccer envirnoment that pushed her to develope a better physical, techinical, and strategical understanding of the game and took it to a new level. This development is not only witnessed in my daughter, but other new and old teammates alike... I've seen them play. The stewardship of the basic core prinicples of the "game" is founded in Coach Alex and the "other" players within the Rovers Club. It is unfortunate that others cannot be thankful for the opportunity that the Rovers bring to the table. Be careful of what you ask for...:)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X