• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragon news! Vol #1 No. #2

Here is this weeks newsletter:

[quote=Dragon]Dragon's Newletter! Vol #1 No. #2

LATEST HEADLINES:

"Benson soccer gals"

Both the U13 and U14's are kickin' some major butt over in Europe! Showing the rest of the world why the U.S. is a leader in woman's soccer. With the Dana Cup in the bag for both our teams (U13/U14) they now have their sites set on winning the Gothia Cup. We are all rooting you on over here in Washington, and hope you continue to have a great time and enjoy this experience! :mrgreen:

"2007 US Youth Soccer National Championships"

In one week from now the USYSNC's start down in Frisco, Texas! The actual dates are 24-29 July. It comprises the winners for boys and girls from each regional championship starting at the U14 age group. Only one problem this year...no Washington teams :cry: Come on Washington, let's continue to get stronger and show the rest of the nation that we are one of the top states for youth soccer! Dragon predict's we will have some teams in it next year fo sho! :mrgreen:

"Das Uberteam!"

WPFC Black '95s...Wow, what else can be said about this little team of superstars? 3 tournaments in a row now and they are undefeated champions in all three. Including the Rainier Challenge, Starfire (as a play up), and just last weekend in Beavertown! Their stats are an incredible 65 goals for! And 0 goals against! Goes to show both the offense and the defense are working as one unit. That is truely an outstanding job for these young ladies considering a lot of them came from other teams last year. Coach Robi must be very proud of her team and the way she has gelled them together so quickly. Greg Ion and several of the coach's have taken notice and can be seen on the sidelines watching several of this teams games...it seems everyone down at river road is in love with "Das Uberteam"... Come to think of it, the boys team Pirahnnas/WPFC Black have their own t-shirts the parents wear. Dragon thinks the Girls 95 team need some "Uberteam" t-shirts too (make it happen Greg) :mrgreen: Good luck to this team the rest of the season and down at the Mustang Stampede! We will all be rooting for you down there :mrgreen:

"Das Uber-Juniors?!"

Just when you thought you were safe from German slang team names, here come the Eastside Red 96 Dev team! These tiny tots have been setting some records of their own! :mrgreen: 3 tournaments, 3 Championships!!! First was the Skagit Cup (play up), then the Skagit Firecracker (play up), and recently the Portland Cup at U10! They have 67 goals for and only 16 against! And the best part is Every Single Player is U10 or below! Great job to this young developmental team! We will all be keeping a close eye on these young superstars hence forth dubbed "Das Uber-Jr's" ;)

TOURNAMENT BLAH BLAH BLAH

"Recent Tournament News"

PAST

KCC just wrapped up this weekend, with the Gold bracket winners Synergy 94's winning over Harbor 1-0, and thats after previously losin' to them 2-4! Great job gals!!! In the other bracket MRFC White win 3-2 in a thriller over the Heat! Great job to these young ladies as well! BUT!, that's not all...KCC is one of the few tournaments that actually do MVP awards for players, so Dragon wants to give a special shout out and Heart & Fire award to:
    #11 Makenna - Eagles 94 (Makenna played defender this tourny and had a beautiful cross in the last 2 minutes of the Synergy Clark game to tie the game up 1-1. She crossed from right mid field and the ball placed right in front of the forward on the left goal post who chipped it in. She played hardcore defense shutting alot of the strikers down this tourny)
    &
    #4 Carrie - Synergy 94 (Carrie played forward and put amazing pressure on the defenders. She's a small one and got knocked around that weekend but bounced up and used her great footwork to score some beautiful goals. She's a very persistent and determined player. Should be on the A team in D's opinion).

Great job young superstars!! :mrgreen:

NARROWS CUP For the 94 age group has 94 white winning it over NT Flash...forgive Dragon, but who is "94 white"? Great job whoever you are young ones! :mrgreen:

NETBUSTER No word on who won this one yet? Anyone care to fill us in? :oops:

SPOKANE CUP Teams were listed as being apart of a U13/14 bracket. The teams involved were RC Strikers, Rockets, Cheney Storm, Scotties, Express Hurricanes, Express Storm....Still have no idea who won? Anyone know? Anyone Care? :cry: :cry:

PORTLAND CUP No Washington teams involved in the 94 final, but is worthy to note that our friends from Ireland were there. They lost a close one to San Juan Spirits 0-1.
    BUT! There was a couple Wa teams in da U14 bracket, so let's see what one of our sideline reporters have to say:

Originally posted by Side line reporter
    What a great matchup for a final between Eastside and Timbers. Both teams completely exhausted from their 4 previous games in the hot weather. Luckily their was some overcast in the morning to help them out. First half got going with both teams playing with everything they had. Each team had 3-4 legitamate scoring chances. Yet neither could find the net. Second half starts and you can see the timbers starting to wear down from a weekend full of playing short handed thanks to injuries. And the same went for Eastside, they definatly didnt have many subs either. Number 2 and 8 for eastside were simply great up front creating numerous chances. Finally with about 15 minutes left number 2 finds the net. Then about five minutes later the outside mid hits a long chip over the keeper to put the dagger in. It was a great game to watch and after talking to both coaches both were pleased with their team and couldn't be happier with the guts and performance of each team. Also on a side note this has to be the best showing of parents sportsman ship I have seen in years. Afterwards the Eastside parents walked up to the Timbers parents and thanked them for making it to the finals because they respected their team so much. And the Timbers parents had the same response to Eastside. This reporter decided to talk to a few parents from each side and both said the same things, that the other parents were just great. What a great showing and great final. These two teams are definatly among the best in the state.
    Thanks side line U14 reporter! :mrgreen:

BEAVERTON CUP The 94 age bracket came down to the Timbers and Nemesis in a battle. It went to PK's and WPS did a live play by play of the action on the field thanks to the posse'. Timbers take the victory in PK's 3 shots to 2. Great job to the Timbergals pulling off the win and regaining the "top of the hill" again from the Nemesis team! :mrgreen:

SCHWANS USA CUP If Dragon remembers correctly Wa had a couple of boys teams in this one. Some X-fire and some Snohomish... Could not find out any info on his own, so Dragon called in one of his "Boys sideline reporters" and this is what he had to say:

Originally posted by "boys sideline reporter":2ghv02e3
    I am here at the Schwan cup in Blaine Minn. There are 1006 teams from all over the world and 56 fields. Representing the state of Washington are three teams, 2 from Crossfire and 1 from Snohomish. The tournament starts with the intro where all of the teams march into the stadium one after the other. Then they have a couple of fly overs of some biplanes then the first game ball is dropped in to the stadium carried by a parachutist and then fire works and a concert. The games started today and the u-15 boys xfire team ran into a tough team from Mich
    and won 3-2. It was a hard game and very ugly. Both teams travelled into town Mon. and though they lost the Mich. looked very good.
    This place is set up for the kids and everthing is within walking distance. It is great for the kids and fun for the parents.
    Thank you side line reporter! Keep those reports coming, we love to hear about them! :mrgreen:

SLAMMERS CUP Way down in California some of our very own 94 teams went to do battle this weekend. NWN Red and NWN Blue aka Big Red and Giant Killers had a great time and played their hearts out against the top 94 teams that SoCal has to offer. Both came away winnless, but did an excellent job of representing our state against Cali's top teams!!! Great Job to both teams! :mrgreen:

PRESENT

Don't forget our gals in Europe (see previous article). Go Benson Gals...Bring home the Gothia cup! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

FUTURE

OLD FOGIES CUP aka VETRANS CUP
    LOL, thought I would start off with a shout out to da old timers playing up in Belingham this week (17-22 July). Good luck ya old farts, play with Heart & bengay

EVERGREEN INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENT
    (this one actually starts on Thursday)
    Looks like some good teams comin' up to Evergreenland to play this weekend. For the 94's we have: BHFC, Chika Lobos, Evergreen White, and Bainbridge Force in Bracket B, and; Skagit Storm Red, Evergreen Green, MRFC Celtic, and Crossfire T. 95 in the A Bracket. Winners of each braket will face off in the finals! Looks like the 95 X-fire team is taking a crack at the 94's! Don't think they will be able to overcome a couple of the teams, but should do really well! Good luck to all teams! :mrgreen:

KICK IN THE GRASS Smaller tournament in Tumwater but does offer 3 different playing levels. Here are some of the 94 teams playing.
    Red- Fury 94, SH Revolution, Skagit White, FW Spirit, Yellow Jackets. Blue- BHFC, Prairie Ice, 3 Rivers, NK Blitz, White Lightning. White- LCV 95, Team Sobe, Willamette Wolverines, Shoreline Blue Angels, Bothell Fury, LH Pumas. Good luck to all these teams! :mrgreen:

CW REVOLUTION TOURNAMENT Cannot seem to get the team info on this one. Someone down here in Cowtown help a brother out

SAMMAMISH SHOOT OUT Sadly not a lot of teams (at least in the 94 age bracket) in this one. We do have Crossfire Pelan, ISC Arsenal Blue and White...but that is about it for now :oops:

LAKE OSWEGO NIKE CUP Looks like those stinkers from Duckville keep drawing away our talent, this one seems packed with ECFC, Crush, EFC Red, Reign Purple, Pacific Premier, Sun City Strikers, Reign White, Harbor White, and ECFC White. And that is just the Premier bracket LOL. The Lower bracket has no Washington teams though. Should be some good match ups fo sho! :mrgreen:

CRAZY PARENT WATCH:

"Shout out to da newbies"

This week Dragon first wants to give a shout out to all da "Newer" posters who have registared on the site, and have at least 1 post:
    Swerve
    Water
    Eurosport90
    Speedy
    Cyclone
    Rockstarjp
    Looser
    Scottgallagher72
    Bob2441
    Pepsi
    Ritteam
    Tgaroutte
    Apex8
    and a special shout out to
    Nowrk4me, who has hit the ground running with a bunch of great posts! :mrgreen:
    Welcome aboard the WPS board, glad to have you all!!! :mrgreen:

"Can't win for losin' award"

The winner of course is 94soccermom
    Sorry sis, but even when you start off a post by tryin' not to offend anyone, you still manage to do just that ;)

OTHER NEWS AND GOSSIP AND TIDBITS:

"Dear Dragon aka ask the Dragon/he know all"

Here is the first in the Dragon's Q&A department:

Originally posted by Confused poster
    Dear Dragon,

Help.

Whenever I’m around any of my CP friends, and we are talking soccer, inevitably someone mentions something they read on this site, and we never know how to properly say its name.

I often hear people say the whole darn URL, like “that “Washington Premier Soccerâ€￾ site is really cool!â€￾ But Jiminy Cricket, that’s seven long syllables – No, not "Jiminy Cricket", that’s only five and is long enough on its own – so seven is even worse – whatever. I think that's why they try to abbreviate it. So I often hear people say “I read it on that “whoopsâ€￾ site ?â€￾ How about “whipsâ€￾? Or perhaps you spell it out, like “I couldn’t believe what that jerk Dragon said on that “doubleyou pee esâ€￾ forum?â€￾

So, Mr. Dragon, what is the proper “in the knowâ€￾ pronunciation to be used in casual conversation?

Sincerely,

Confused

Dear Confused,

You have answered your own question unknowingly! It is pronounced by saying each lettter of the alphabet used in the spellng, ie; W. P. S. (or as you like to say it- "doubleyou pee es"). Thank you so much for your question :mrgreen:

Please send any questions to D during the week. If Dragon is "overloaded" with questions, he will pick da best one :mrgreen:

"Dragon hit 13K"

Shout out to myself, have made it to 13,000 posts and in D's opinion he is still sane and has all his fingers
    Here's to 13K more ;)

"D^%$ that F&^%$*& Dragon, He is a Homer!"

A recent poster (after Nemesis lost to Timbers in PK's) pointed out a few choice words to ol' D:

(to summerize)
    #1 You dont support all of the teams, You obvouisly have favorite teams. You make me sad sometimes.

Well Dragon got to thinking on this and you are right!!!!!
    First D thought to himself; "hey, I am just a darn parent, I have a right to root for my favorite teams"...BUT, as D has had a couple days to think about it YOU are right and Not Dragon :oops:
    Dragon may be "just a crazy parent" like you and the rest are, but the difference is Dragon has made himself out to be "more then that". Lord Moderator, Dragon Knows All, etc etc....Dragon will do his best not to be biased for one team or another in the future. If D slips, please feel free to smack me and remind me in a post ;)
    As far as team "nick names" go though, see the last article ;)

"How come my team don't have a cool nick name?"

Well to answer some of you CP's question, here ya go. Dragon's nicknames for teams or coachs just "POP" into his head. He cannot control when da thoughts will come or go... Several teams have nicknames, and if you are on a team that don't have one maybe one will pop in his head down the road. Here are some of da teams that earned a nickname in Dragon's mind.

These teams (in Dragon's mind) will forever be known as the following:

Chika Lobos = Crazy girls
    Eagles = Steve Miller gals
    WPFC 94 = Johnny Cash girls
    WPFC 95 = Das Uberteam
    EFC Red = Gumby Gals
    Reign Purple = Prince gals
    Velocity = V-gals
    Crush = Tangerine girls
    NWN Red = Big Red
    NWN Blue = Giant Killers
    ECFC = Dorothy girls
    Timbers = The Mighty Timbers
    Nemesis = Lords of Cowtown
    EFC Dev = Das Uber-Jrs

Dragon is sure their is more, feel free to remind me of them! ;)
    (D can add them next week)

Well hope ya all enjoyed reading the Dragon news again!

Remember, without you all CP's sending me stuff, there will be nuthin' to write :oops:

Let's hear some feed back or comments on articles in this weeks newletter. D doesn't spend 3 hours typin' this stuff for his health ya know [/quote:2ghv02e3]

Crik Crik Crik

Comment

Oh well, not really postin' here fo the Wa peep's anyway, more doing it for the other states ta "show em how it's done" ;)

Comment

Re: Dragon news! Vol #1 No. #2

CW revolution was cancelled due to lack of participants- they sent out an email in July and have it on the website.

Comment

uhhhhh this is way old newsletter [-X

Comment

LMAO--- I realized that after I replied. I didn't look at the date and thought all these posts had gone up after the site crashed.... oops...

Comment

It's ok, I understood what happened right after I read it :smt005

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X