X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girl's Premier Hartford County

Taken from another thread but worthy of it's own discussion

If SP folds, ECNL will never offer another club its spot. CT should be a one ECNL and DAP state. To survive, SP needs to keep their ECNL rosters at 18. Recruit from Western MA and take advantage of the defections from the CFC United teams this year. Kids and parents are unhappy (including starters) about the size of the rosters and lack of playing time. Expect FSA and SP to benefit from same.

CFC Wolves are dying. SC is absent and doesn't care about the program anymore. Oakwood and FSA have stepped up their girl's programs. It doesn't make sense to play for Wolves when FSA and Oakwood have fields and facilities and the Wolves don't. Also, now that CFC United is willing to take anyone from any club, why bother starting with CFC at the earlier age groups?

Girls Premier Hartford County

Many folks have posted about CFC ECNL not being the best club in CT., and that Oakwood and FSA challenge CFC ECNL at several age groups. Many have commented that Oakwood is the "best" girls club in CT.

I think Oakwood is the best girls club in CT. Why? Because Oakwood has success with its teams starting from young ages, and these same girls tend to stay together as they age. CFC ECNL, on the other hand, brings together many of CT's best players, who have primarily played as adversaries over the years, at U15. How do you get a bunch of "the best" to play together, to cede starting spots to others when these girls have played every minute of every game, but have never played together, before getting to United? That seems very difficult to do, as these "star players" have been on CFC for years (for the most part) with the goal of making the United team. To finally get to United and be a bench player, when you have been a star on Arsenal, Gunners, Wolves, etc., must be crushing for these kids. Being on a roster of 26 and not playing in all games or tournaments must be hugely dissapointing. I feel it is a business model that is doomed to fail, while Oakwood's "in it for the long run" model seems to be the more successful path.

Thoughts?

Note; I am neither an Oakwood nor CFC parent.

Comment

Is someone trying to boost Oakwood tryout numbers here or something.
      Please, CFC does a much better job developing it's players from a young age than Oakwood does. Don't get me wrong Oakwood is a good club and is improving all the time but it is not at the same level as CFC United. It competes well against branch teams but is no where near the level of the ECNL teams.

If a player made the CFC United ECNL team why would they even look at any other club let's be realistic it would be a step down.

Comment

Here is a thought.....who really cares? There are so many options for kids to play out there now a days. Do what is best for your situation and enjoy the short time you have watching your kids play. Enough about who's club is better. They all have pros and cons about them. It really comes down to what works for your child and family. Face it these kids arent going to play professionally and you better have good grades to play in college. Enjoy the time it will be over before you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Is someone trying to boost Oakwood tryout numbers here or something.
          Please, CFC does a much better job developing it's players from a young age than Oakwood does. Don't get me wrong Oakwood is a good club and is improving all the time but it is not at the same level as CFC United. It competes well against branch teams but is no where near the level of the ECNL teams.

If a player made the CFC United ECNL team why would they even look at any other club let's be realistic it would be a step down.
          Where is your data that says that CFC United ECNL is better than Oakwood? One example: CFC ECNL U15 was beaten 2-1 by Soccerplus in March. Oakwood beat CFC ECNL U15 1-0 in December. Shouldn't this team dominate the competition in CT, since it draws players from among the best teams in the state?

CFC's problem is that they can't or won't cut players #19-26 from the ECNL roster, so they take all 26. This means that the kids play much less than they are used to. Unless CFC ECNL cuts the roster down to 18 or fewer, they will have problems with this system. A "team" of 26 is not workable in the long run.

Comment

Many folks have posted about CFC ECNL not being the best club in CT., and that Oakwood and FSA challenge CFC ECNL at several age groups. Many have commented that Oakwood is the "best" girls club in CT.

I think Oakwood is the best girls club in CT. Why? Because Oakwood has success with its teams starting from young ages, and these same girls tend to stay together as they age. CFC ECNL, on the other hand, brings together many of CT's best players, who have primarily played as adversaries over the years, at U15. How do you get a bunch of "the best" to play together, to cede starting spots to others when these girls have played every minute of every game, but have never played together, before getting to United? That seems very difficult to do, as these "star players" have been on CFC for years (for the most part) with the goal of making the United team. To finally get to United and be a bench player, when you have been a star on Arsenal, Gunners, Wolves, etc., must be crushing for these kids. Being on a roster of 26 and not playing in all games or tournaments must be hugely dissapointing. I feel it is a business model that is doomed to fail, while Oakwood's "in it for the long run" model seems to be the more successful path.

Thoughts?

Oakwood only has two teams that can win the state cup, maybe 3. For years Oakwood neglected their girl's programs, so based upon their history I wouldn't give them any kudos.

The CFC United program is a mess. I've talked to a lot of parents. Yes there is less play time due to the large rosters but it also changes the coaches. They bully and play head games because there are many kids to choose from. If you decide to tryout for CFC United make sure the coach is a good fit for your daughter.

Comment

correct

Youmust be an FSA parent stirring the pot...congrats

Since you state you are not an oakwood parent, please explain how you reached your scientific conclusion that girls at oakwood stick with thier clubs longer than CFC girls.

Thoughts?

Comment

Where is your data that says that CFC United ECNL is better than Oakwood? One example: CFC ECNL U15 was beaten 2-1 by Soccerplus in March. Oakwood beat CFC ECNL U15 1-0 in December. Shouldn't this team dominate the competition in CT, since it draws players from among the best teams in the state?

CFC's problem is that they can't or won't cut players #19-26 from the ECNL roster, so they take all 26. This means that the kids play much less than they are used to. Unless CFC ECNL cuts the roster down to 18 or fewer, they will have problems with this system. A "team" of 26 is not workable in the long run.
                Team should be only 18. Roster in some of the CFC branch kids in case of injuries. I was surprised to hear they didn't double roster 19-26. These kids wasted a whole season with no play time. Player development for these kids cant be very good. CFC should return their money. Rip off.

Comment

Team should be only 18. Roster in some of the CFC branch kids in case of injuries. I was surprised to hear they didn't double roster 19-26. These kids wasted a whole season with no play time. Player development for these kids cant be very good. CFC should return their money. Rip off.
                  You are just trying to stir the pot.You just jealous and wish your kid was on the ECNL team..Your daughter must have not made the team that's why you seem to have so much anger towards CFC.

CFC is a great program and lots of positive feedback is given by many parents. Huge number of CFC players go on to play at college. FACT

Comment

You are just trying to stir the pot.You just jealous and wish your kid was on the ECNL team..Your daughter must have not made the team that's why you seem to have so much anger towards CFC.

CFC is a great program and lots of positive feedback is given by many parents. Huge number of CFC players go on to play at college. FACT
                    Please present a current CFC United parent who is happy about the size of the rosters.

Comment

Please present a current CFC United parent who is happy about the size of the rosters.
                      I am sure you will see how happy they are by how many stay and play ECNL for the 2012/13 season.

Don't try and bash CFC when you have no clue what your talking about. Just because they are successful and provide a professional, high level option for female athletes that sends many players to top colleges.

If you want your club to be better then provide a better service then people will make there own choices where to play soccer.

Comment

I am sure you will see how happy they are by how many stay and play ECNL for the 2012/13 season.

Don't try and bash CFC when you have no clue what your talking about. Just because they are successful and provide a professional, high level option for female athletes that sends many players to top colleges.

If you want your club to be better then provide a better service then people will make there own choices where to play soccer.
                        i am neither cfc,oakwood or fsa parent and here is what i see. CFC is the best overall girls program right now in terms of #s and the ability to draw from a big pool. If you are looking at teams only U16,17 and 18 are better if you look at recent history. Oakwood is better at U15,14 and I don't think you can really argue that. Oakwood isn't too strong at U13 and are already out of cup. CFC has about 5 or 6 branches at the younger ages so it is tough to say CFC is better or worse at U12 or U13 because there are so many to choose from. Their best branch used to be wolves but now wolves may be 3rd behind extreme and Arsenal (speaking of u12 and u13 ages).

Comment

I have been looking everywhere for the Oakwood vs. CFC U14 ECNL Wolves??

Oakwood is the defending champion!!!!!

Comment

CFC U14 ECNL Won 2-0 over Oakwood GU14

Comment

CFC U14 ECNL Won 2-0 over Oakwood GU14
                              With CFC losing so early last year and not getting a seed and a blind draw this is what you get. Great 2nd round match up but stinks a top team had to go down. That's 2 #1 seeds / last years champs losing in 1 day. South Central U17 Girls lost to CFC United too.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X