X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Soccer Academy

Figured I'd start a thread for this...

16 more teams named today. MASoccer should breathe a sigh of relief as no NEE, or any other New England club were named in this latest round. The newly named clubs are:

AFC Lightning Soccer Club (Georgia)
    Arsenal SC (California)
    Birmingham United Soccer Association (Alabama)
    Carmel United Soccer Club (Indiana)
    Empire United Soccer Academy (New York)
    FC Milwaukee (Wisconsin)
    FC Portland Soccer Academy (Oregon)
    Internationals Soccer Club (Ohio)
    Irvine Strikers (California)
    Metro United Soccer Club (Illinois)
    Metropolitan Oval Foundation, Inc. (New York)
    North Meck Soccer Club (North Carolina)
    Ohio Elite Soccer Academy (Ohio)
    PA Classics (Pennsylvania)
    Schulz Academy (Florida)
    Scott Gallagher (Missouri)

Below is a complete list of the Development Academy’s 47 current clubs representing 22 states and the District of Columbia:

Alabama
    Birmingham United SA

California
    Arsenal SC
    De Anza Force SC
    Irvine Strikers
    Mustang FC
    Nomads SC

Colorado
    Colorado Rush
    Real Colorado

Connecticut
    Oakwood SC

District of Columbia
    DC United

Florida
    Clearwater Chargers SC
    IMG SA
    Kendall Soccer Coalition
    Schulz Academy

Georgia
    Atlanta Fire United SA
    AFC Lightning Soccer Club

Illinois
    Chicago Fire Soccer PDA
    Chicago Magic Soccer Club
    Metro United Soccer Club
    Sockers FC Chicago

Indiana
    Carmel United Soccer Club

Maryland
    Potomac Soccer

Massachusetts
    FC Greater Boston Bolts

Michigan
    Michigan Wolves
    Vardar

Missouri
    Scott Gallagher

New Hampshire
    Seacoast United

New Jersey
    PDA
    New York Red Bulls

New York
    B/W Gottschee
    Empire United SA
    FC Westchester
    Met Oval

North Carolina
    CASL
    Greensboro Youth SC
    North Meck SC

Ohio
    Internationals SC
    Ohio Elite SA

Oregon
    FC Portland SA

Pennsylvania
    FC DELCO
    PA Classics

Virginia
    Richmond Kickers SC
    Richmond Strikers
    VA Rush SC

Washington
    Crossfire Premier SC
    Washington Premier FC

Wisconsin
    FC Milwaukee

Also:
    After the latest round of Academy admissions, it is anticipated that only a limited number of remaining spots are available for the inaugural Academy Season.
    "If they hadn't scored, we would've won."
    -Howard Wilkinson

Re: US Soccer Academy

Originally posted by Zap

16 more teams named today. MASoccer should breathe a sigh of relief as no NEE, or any other New England club were named in this latest round.
    What's your problem? You're the first one to complain about misrepresentation, but you seem to feel the need to target me personally. Let it go and grow up! I ave been very forthright regarding personal decisions my son has made and you seem to feel the need to throw me under the bus each time you get. Grow up!

Comment

Originally posted by MASoccer
      Originally posted by Zap

16 more teams named today. MASoccer should breathe a sigh of relief as no NEE, or any other New England club were named in this latest round.
      What's your problem? You're the first one to complain about misrepresentation, but you seem to feel the need to target me personally. Let it go and grow up! I ave been very forthright regarding personal decisions my son has made and you seem to feel the need to throw me under the bus each time you get. Grow up!
      Whoa. I actually posted this to ease your mind about the rumors you were hearing. There was no hostility in the post. I started another thread so we wouldn't hijack the ODP ID Camp thread any more. If you think this is throwing you under the bus then you must be Cujo wityh a different sign in name......oh never mind. Have a nice day.
      -Howard Wilkinson

Comment

Zap: give it up, lay off MA Soccer already! It's getting old. And don't try to duck it and plead innocence, your sarcasm is unmistakable.

However, thanks for starting a new thread on this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Red van
          Zap: give it up, lay off MA Soccer already! It's getting old. And don't try to duck it and plead innocence, your sarcasm is unmistakable.

However, thanks for starting a new thread on this topic.
          Mr Van,

I wasn't laying on. I posted it so he could see it because he was worried about his son's team becoming part of the Academy program. I thought he'd be relieved, which is why I said he'd breather a sigh of relief. It wasn't sarcasm at all. Nothing sinister was intended. And it was obviously mistakable, since you mistook it.

This is clearly hard for people here to believe, but it is possible to have a disagreement with someone here one day, and post some helpful information for them on another day.

Thanks for butting-in though.
          -Howard Wilkinson

Comment

Originally posted by Zap
            Originally posted by MASoccer
            Originally posted by Zap

Whoa. I actually posted this to ease your mind about the rumors you were hearing. There was no hostility in the post. I started another thread so we wouldn't hijack the ODP ID Camp thread any more. If you think this is throwing you under the bus then you must be Cujo wityh a different sign in name......oh never mind. Have a nice day.
            Zap, you are a coward, get a sense of dignity and as MASoccer says "grow up"! It's been plainly apparent that you've targeted him in this post and others. Personally, I think his comments are on the money and it's only you that took them on as personal attacks. He hasn't hidden his position and has been very open about what his son has been feeling regarding the changes in the rising U16 age group. In particular with his own club team.

Since you became the crybaby by taking personal offense to anything posted negatively towards the Bolts, you need to own it and not throw the low blows that have been a common occurence in your posts.

Comment

How wrong you are, SickOfItGuestCoward.

I didn't take offense to stuff posted negatively about the Bolts. Only the incorrect stuff, and that of the obvious agenda. I respect the fact that he admitted it. Heck, that's way more honesty than you get out many posters here, especially those that hide behind the "Guest" name.

Now, I started this thread to discuss the Academy so we wouldn't hijack the ID Camp discussion.

And once again, I did it because I knew MASoccer would be relieved.

I think we'd all appreciate it if you'd stay on topic.
              -Howard Wilkinson

Comment

Sarcasm. Unmistakable. Multiple posts. Multiple readers. Who are you trying to kid?

Oops, forgot the rule: don't feed the trolls....

Comment

Zap-

Can you comment on how many U15 (rising U16) stayed for the academy training? How many new boys were accepted? Is the roster full at 22? It seems based on some of the prior threads, it would have been reasonable to combine the remaining U14 and U15 players in order to maintain the talent pool. Is this an option for the remaining U14s? (Please read this as a compliment as it is intended :) )

If the roster is not full, will additional tryouts be held this summer?

I feel like this age group is still "unsettled." I know my son's team has a couple of roster spots left (all offers have been accepted) and it sounds like NEE is still finalizing their roster. With the addition of the academy and Francis' departure, many in this age group have been in a tailspin. It has been an interesting combination of frustration and excitement!

Comment

The Academy blurb says that the Academies will have a minimum of 22 players. What happens if a club can't get enough players to signup?

Comment

The U-16 academy roster is not full. Not clear what plans are afoot to add players. What do other readers/posters know about the rosters of the other U-16 division 1 teams at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by Visitor
                        The U-16 academy roster is not full. Not clear what plans are afoot to add players. What do other readers/posters know about the rosters of the other U-16 division 1 teams at this point?
                        What about the U18 roster? Does anyone know whether or not U18 will be composed of U17 and U18's? Or will pllayers be in the academy for U16, come out and go back to the traditional MAPLE/Regional/etc play for U17, then back to Academy schedule for U18? The latter doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by FXWLD 24/7
                          Zap-

Can you comment on how many U15 (rising U16) stayed for the academy training? How many new boys were accepted? Is the roster full at 22? It seems based on some of the prior threads, it would have been reasonable to combine the remaining U14 and U15 players in order to maintain the talent pool. Is this an option for the remaining U14s? (Please read this as a compliment as it is intended :) )

If the roster is not full, will additional tryouts be held this summer?

I feel like this age group is still "unsettled." I know my son's team has a couple of roster spots left (all offers have been accepted) and it sounds like NEE is still finalizing their roster. With the addition of the academy and Francis' departure, many in this age group have been in a tailspin. It has been an interesting combination of frustration and excitement!
                          They have not reached 22 players yet. But play won't begin until November. Some players have come ini from other clubs. Some existing players have left because they felt the avademy system wasn't for them, and one or two left to play for Francis Okaroh. So there will be somne changes. Unsettled would be accurate, but not neccesarily in a negative way.

To the "Guest" that asked about the 22 players:
                          That number is a mimimum mandated by US Soccer because it allows for an Academy team to scrimmage 11 v 11 in training. I can't be certain, but I don't believe there is a penalty for being under 22. Although I'm sure US Soccer wants the etams to be at that level. I don't know how US Soccer will feel about adding another team from MA though, if the one team in the Academy is still looking to fill a roster.
                          -Howard Wilkinson

Comment

MA Soccer-

Has your son's team roster been finalized? I thought maybe with the announcement regarding NEE not being selected in the latest round of academy teams and ODP ID camp ending maybe things are calming down a bit. Are the former Juventus kids signed? I ask because the Bolts will be out of the division, and I'm wondering if Juventus will get their spot back in Div 1.

Everyone else (unfortunately, this seems to be about 4 posters ;) ),

Has there been a ripple effect within the age group? The academy has been announced, the Bolts are out of Maple and I believe Region 1. Is Juventus a good example of a team that might have stayed together if they had known they would be in Div 1 next year? What about other promotion/relegation games across the age group?

Comment

Originally posted by FXWLD 24/7
                              MA Soccer-

Has your son's team roster been finalized? I thought maybe with the announcement regarding NEE not being selected in the latest round of academy teams and ODP ID camp ending maybe things are calming down a bit. Are the former Juventus kids signed? I ask because the Bolts will be out of the division, and I'm wondering if Juventus will get their spot back in Div 1.

Everyone else (unfortunately, this seems to be about 4 posters ;) ),

Has there been a ripple effect within the age group? The academy has been announced, the Bolts are out of Maple and I believe Region 1. Is Juventus a good example of a team that might have stayed together if they had known they would be in Div 1 next year? What about other promotion/relegation games across the age group?
                              I believe the players that left Juventus were intending on leaving. The relegation to D2 was just the final straw. They had actually tried out for a couple of clubs (I think Inter was one of them not sure of the other) Coach Proctor offered three of them positions and all three accepted. From what I understand Juventus still has a team, but I cannot be sure. Tony Conte has been in semi retirement the past couple of years. Now that he really only has one competitive team (rising U18) it will remain to be seen if he makes any effort to revive the U16 team for next year. In my opinion, even if they are still able to stay in D1 because Bolts spot becomes available, they will have a hard time staying competitive.

As for the NEE roster being finalized, nothing formal as yet. As I've stated before, it is a bit unsettling to not know who the final 18 will be. Although my son has been assured his spot for next year, not all the boys have been given that same assurance. I do know in addition to the three Juventus players one Bolts player has committed and one other was offered a spt but was waiting to see what happened at ID camp. There were also three players from Western United that were also offered spots but decided as a group that it wasn't in their best interest to transfer over. This is a team that was state finalist to the Bolts this year, can't say that I agree that major turnover in the roster is a good thing, but my son is loyal to this coach and has taken a leap of faith that it will all work out in the team's best interest. Time will only tell.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X