Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comets?

Anyone know anything about the NE Comets program? I saw their U13 girls team play in NJ this weekend and they played well. I have never heard of them before so was surprised to hear their were from CT. Anyway just wondering if they are worth looking into.

Mediocre

I believe they are from the Shelton/Stratford area. I'd put their girls program on par w/ Everton, CFC Impact & Eastern FC. Have some size, but they are not very skilled. Best players from that area are likely going to go to Yankee United, CFC, Oakwood or maybe FSA.

BTW: for what its worth, their U13 girls coach is a total loudmouth who spends more time yelling at his girls to take out players from better teams than coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I believe they are from the Shelton/Stratford area. I'd put their girls program on par w/ Everton, CFC Impact & Eastern FC. Have some size, but they are not very skilled. Best players from that area are likely going to go to Yankee United, CFC, Oakwood or maybe FSA.

BTW: for what its worth, their U13 girls coach is a total loudmouth who spends more time yelling at his girls to take out players from better teams than coaching.
      get ready for the dad who has a daughter on this team who started this thread to come back at you hard for that comment about the coach. lol

Comment

Bring it

Maybe I'm both the original poster AND the original replier. Maybe I saw that no one responded to my assinine post about a club everyone knows is lower tier and thought I would get into an argument with myself....just because. LOL

And if a parent from that team did start the thread, they would be deluding themselves to think differently about their coach & team as mentioned in the reply. Not the first time I guess.....

Comment

I know nothing about the comets, but aren't most coaches loud mouths? Just sayin ;)

And if the original poster was a parent at least they were more creative than the CFC parent who started the thread "CFC best girls teams in the state" lol.

Comment

I will say some coaches are loud mouths not most. My daughter has been lucky to have a coach who lets the players make their own decisions on the field instead of having every decision and order barked at them from the sidelines like you mention about the coach you are referring to. Don't we all all want our girls to develop and learn the game?? How will our daughters learn if everything is done for them?? The real coach lets his players truely learn themselves by problem solving on their own with the right guidance.

Comment

OP here. Wow, tough crowd. My niece plays for a team from NJ that was in the same tournament and I saw the comets game in between a couple of hers. My daughter is 9 yrs old and we have been starting to look into premier teams and have only heard of CFC and South Central through friends. I am trying to research all options, hence the question. I thought I might be able to get some useful info here, so thanks to the one person that tried to help.

Comment

OP here. Wow, tough crowd. My niece plays for a team from NJ that was in the same tournament and I saw the comets game in between a couple of hers. My daughter is 9 yrs old and we have been starting to look into premier teams and have only heard of CFC and South Central through friends. I am trying to research all options, hence the question. I thought I might be able to get some useful info here, so thanks to the one person that tried to help.
                you came to the wrong place

Comment

Can't wait for State Cup

I know nothing about the comets, but aren't most coaches loud mouths? Just sayin ;)

And if the original poster was a parent at least they were more creative than the CFC parent who started the thread "CFC best girls teams in the state" lol.
                  Can't wait for state cup.. All the pretenders who talk a big game will be regulated to blaming poor field conditions, lousy refs or some other excuse when their club team is bounced from the competition.

I heard FSA has already asked parents to submit excuses so they can hand them out after their games!

Comment

Can't wait for state cup.. All the pretenders who talk a big game will be regulated to blaming poor field conditions, lousy refs or some other excuse when their club team is bounced from the competition.

I heard FSA has already asked parents to submit excuses so they can hand them out after their games!
                    HA! You must be on one very successful Azzuri branch of the pyramid to nowhere fast

Comment

"Maybe I saw that no one responded to my assinine post about a club everyone knows is lower tier and thought I would get into an argument with myself....just because. LOL"

Actually I find your post completely asinine.

I would not consider Comets lower tier. They have some solid teams, U13, U16, U18, and they have some not so solid teams. They seem to place teams in CJSA D1 most years, but struggle at times to compete there (see U14). They are not in the league of Beachside, FSA and Oakwood, but at certain age groups (see above) on par with SCP, Yankee and any CFC branch (minus United) and pretty much anyone else.

They play out of the Naugatuck Valley area, I think they play home games at Yale and Choate. They are an alternative to other clubs in the area, Gunners, Impact, SCP and Yankee. They only field girls teams.

My best suggestion to the original poster is to contact the coach of the teams you might be interested in and see if your daughter can attend a couple practices this spring with a team in her age group. Its a great way to check out a program and see if the club, coach, players are a good fit. Also gives the coach a little longer look prior to tryouts. Dont go just by a name, see first hand what each club has to offer.

Comment

Comets

"Maybe I saw that no one responded to my assinine post about a club everyone knows is lower tier and thought I would get into an argument with myself....just because. LOL"

Actually I find your post completely asinine.

I would not consider Comets lower tier. They have some solid teams, U13, U16, U18, and they have some not so solid teams. They seem to place teams in CJSA D1 most years, but struggle at times to compete there (see U14). They are not in the league of Beachside, FSA and Oakwood, but at certain age groups (see above) on par with SCP, Yankee and any CFC branch (minus United) and pretty much anyone else.

They play out of the Naugatuck Valley area, I think they play home games at Yale and Choate. They are an alternative to other clubs in the area, Gunners, Impact, SCP and Yankee. They only field girls teams.

My best suggestion to the original poster is to contact the coach of the teams you might be interested in and see if your daughter can attend a couple practices this spring with a team in her age group. Its a great way to check out a program and see if the club, coach, players are a good fit. Also gives the coach a little longer look prior to tryouts. Dont go just by a name, see first hand what each club has to offer.
                        So what CFC branches are the Comets on Par with CFC, just curious? U13? Playing in Manhattan in the 5 tier?

Comment

Comets are better than CFC Impact and CFC Pumas, on par with CFC gunners at U13

Comment

or...you can always check the cjsa website to see the Premier League groupings to see where everybody sits

http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...x=Girls&Age=13

Comment

"So what CFC branches are the Comets on Par with CFC, just curious? U13? Playing in Manhattan in the 5 tier?"

Well tiers in tournaments are based off national gotsoccer points and looks like they had not played many events out of CT until the past month. It looks like they had a good showing at Match Fit. In the fall Comets tied CFC Wolves 1-1 and beat CFC Impact 1-0 according gotsoccers CJSA league standing. Also they were placed in same division this spring as Arsenal, Extreme and Wolves so on par with them and I would say they are ahead of Gunners, Impact, Azzurri based off posted results. Also their current U16 team has consistently played well over the last few years as they moved up the age groups. The club does have some weak teams as well though.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X