Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State cup

Any predictions of finals in each age group, boys and girls? Where are the finals going to be held this year, newington, Middletown, Fsa?

Beachside wins all the boys side.

CFC wins all the girls side.

That's easy enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

That's easy enough.
      The only way Beachside wins is if South Central and Oakwood (boys side)do not enter teams in the 14 - 18 age group.

As far as CFC girls maybe 2 or 3 age groups? There are plenty of quality teams from many of the other clubs!

Comment

Didn't the other clubs outplay CFC last year on the girl's side? Dont know but thought that was the case. What were last years results? I remember reading that CFC usually wins but last year they didn't clean up and FSA and Oakwood were up there.

Comment

FSA U14 beats Beachside U14.

Comment

past results

Where can I find the results of last years state cup games. Does CJSA report game scores and keep the results?

FSA hasn't entered their teams yet as of 3/26...I guess they have until end of month for early application, but cutting it close

Didn't the other clubs outplay CFC last year on the girl's side? Dont know but thought that was the case. What were last years results? I remember reading that CFC usually wins but last year they didn't clean up and FSA and Oakwood were up there.

Comment

Where can I find the results of last years state cup games. Does CJSA report game scores and keep the results?

FSA hasn't entered their teams yet as of 3/26...I guess they have until end of month for early application, but cutting it close
              Embarrassingly the CT website only updates their past results page to 2009 and forums like this let pages expire off the site.

Comment

[qouote]Great write up. Thank you. Can we get the girls?

12 Girls
                FSA 3 CFC 0
                Each team had about 10 minutes where they had the run of play in the 1st half. Once FSA got the 1st goal in the 2nd half the game really opened up. CFC didn't have too many chances and couldn't handle FSA's speed up top. I'm sure this will be the start of a long rivalry.

13 Girls
                Oakwood 1 Beachside 0
                Oakwood missed a pk in 1st half but still looked like they would win it. Well coached team and another state championship.

14 Girls
                Oakwood 1 FSA 0
                Oakwood had the run of play, possession and chances but still FSA was always one ball over the top from sneaking a goal. Oakwood had enough speed at the back to contain the FSA forwards. Oakwood 14s play some of the best soccer I've seen on the girls side.

15 Girls
                FSA 2 CFC United 1
                Probably the biggest upset of the day on the girls side. CFC had the run of play throughout the first half but FSA put away a breakaway to have the lead. CFC continued to press in the 2nd half and finally equalized. Just when you thought CFC would finish the game, FSA capitalized on CFC gk getting caught out and they didn't blow the opportunity. Quality finish under pressure. CFC thought they tied it late but goal was called off. A tremendous victory for FSA 15's after losing in pk's to Wolves last year.

These last 3 games were over at Tunxis Mead and I wasn't there. Maybe someone else can give more details.

16 Girls
                South Central 4 Yankee 3

17 Girls
                CFC United 2 Oakwood 1

18 Girls
                CFC United 1 Northeast 0[/quote]

Comment

http://www.talking-soccer.com/TS4/ar...p/t-71638.html

that was copy pasted from above link.

Comment

[qouote]Great write up. Thank you. Can we get the girls?

12 Girls
                    FSA 3 CFC 0
                    Each team had about 10 minutes where they had the run of play in the 1st half. Once FSA got the 1st goal in the 2nd half the game really opened up. CFC didn't have too many chances and couldn't handle FSA's speed up top. I'm sure this will be the start of a long rivalry.

13 Girls
                    Oakwood 1 Beachside 0
                    Oakwood missed a pk in 1st half but still looked like they would win it. Well coached team and another state championship.

14 Girls
                    Oakwood 1 FSA 0
                    Oakwood had the run of play, possession and chances but still FSA was always one ball over the top from sneaking a goal. Oakwood had enough speed at the back to contain the FSA forwards. Oakwood 14s play some of the best soccer I've seen on the girls side.

15 Girls
                    FSA 2 CFC United 1
                    Probably the biggest upset of the day on the girls side. CFC had the run of play throughout the first half but FSA put away a breakaway to have the lead. CFC continued to press in the 2nd half and finally equalized. Just when you thought CFC would finish the game, FSA capitalized on CFC gk getting caught out and they didn't blow the opportunity. Quality finish under pressure. CFC thought they tied it late but goal was called off. A tremendous victory for FSA 15's after losing in pk's to Wolves last year.

These last 3 games were over at Tunxis Mead and I wasn't there. Maybe someone else can give more details.

16 Girls
                    South Central 4 Yankee 3

17 Girls
                    CFC United 2 Oakwood 1

18 Girls
                    CFC United 1 Northeast 0
                    [/QUOTE]

Interesting. Take out the u18 college kids and CFC got the 17s. And some of those girls will be at college now. CFC seems to have great coaches and will always contend with all those girls in their system. they are probably hoping for a big run this time.

Comment

That's easy enough.
                      United teams are not playing in the cup

Comment

Correct ECNL teams don't play State Cup anymore.. State cup means very little anymore from U15 up as all the best teams are not allowed to play.

Comment

Correct ECNL teams don't play State Cup anymore.. State cup means very little anymore from U15 up as all the best teams are not allowed to play.
                          Why does it list United on the previous scorecards? Don't they have like 27 kids on the United team and send half to the cup? If not, who plays when they list United?

Comment

Why does it list United on the previous scorecards? Don't they have like 27 kids on the United team and send half to the cup? If not, who plays when they list United?
                            That was last year...ECNL does not allow their teams to compete in State cup starting this year.

Comment

That was last year...ECNL does not allow their teams to compete in State cup starting this year.
                              That's correct. State Cup games are not far enough of a drive.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X