Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the keeper coaches

I like some opinions. I was looking through a sport equipment catalog this morning and saw several pages of gloves designed for wide recievers in football. It started me thinking if these might not be a better option for a keeper since they represent the cutting edge in gripping apparel. No matter what brand of glove buy or how much we spend I find my daughter only gets a couple of games of "premium" use out of a new pair of gloves. After that the tack is starting to wear and it's not uncommon to have tears or wear in the fingers appear. Might these type of gloves actually be a more helpful catching the ball?

Re: For the keeper coaches

Originally posted by beentheredonethat
    I like some opinions. I was looking through a sport equipment catalog this morning and saw several pages of gloves designed for wide recievers in football. It started me thinking if these might not be a better option for a keeper since they represent the cutting edge in gripping apparel. No matter what brand of glove buy or how much we spend I find my daughter only gets a couple of games of "premium" use out of a new pair of gloves. After that the tack is starting to wear and it's not uncommon to have tears or wear in the fingers appear. Might these type of gloves actually be a more helpful catching the ball?
    Good idea, except for the padding to take the sting out the shot.....

Comment

I was thinking of that myself but then several of my daughter's keeper coaches have them train specifically without gloves. Her hands are good but not great. The type of gloves I am talking about took the place of stickum, I'm wondering if they could have a dramatic impact on the qualiity of a keeper's hands and is that worth trading off the padding?

Comment

I was thinking of that myself but then several of my daughter's keeper coaches have them train specifically without gloves. Her hands are good but not great. The type of gloves I am talking about took the place of stickum, I'm wondering if they could have a dramatic impact on the qualiity of a keeper's hands and is that worth trading off the padding?
        Could also make distributing the ball a little challenging.....

Comment

How so?

Comment

How so?
            You go to throw the ball to your right mid who is streaking up the sideline. But the ball sticks to the palm, and stays there until your arm goes all thne way around, finally releasing from the grip of the stickum soaked glove and rolls into your own net.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
              You go to throw the ball to your right mid who is streaking up the sideline. But the ball sticks to the palm, and stays there until your arm goes all thne way around, finally releasing from the grip of the stickum soaked glove and rolls into your own net.
              My son plays High School Football and wears these type of gloves. They are tacky (sticky, not unfashionable!) but not so much that it would disrupt the throwing of the ball. I believe Tom Brady has been known to wear one in foul weather.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X