Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soccerplus

Any info on this club for my 10 year old son.

They're teams are scattered now. Where are you located?

If you are looking for some winter ball, it's FSA or Oakwood. They have training classes now and spring tryouts. Each is on one side of the interstate.

Comment

SoccerPlus trains out of Middletown now..

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        SoccerPlus trains out of Middletown now..
        Soccerplus is a good club with good coaches.

Comment

Are you in Central CT? SoccerPlus is moving into a new Indoor facility in Middletown and starting up a U10 Boys team. As the previous poster said, the club has some great coaches. A good option for you. Best of luck

Comment

Are you in Central CT? SoccerPlus is moving into a new Indoor facility in Middletown and starting up a U10 Boys team. As the previous poster said, the club has some great coaches. A good option for you. Best of luck
            It depends on where you live and what you are looking for?

Comment

How's the U17 ECNL team with the 30plus players going? Everyone happy?

Comment

CFC United's numbers are bad too. 22-25 kids in each age. It will backfire on them. I've talked to many parents. Expect many players to leave next year

Comment

I have spoken to a few sets of parents. CFC is having some kids go to some showcases and others go to different ones. Not sure how it works if you as a player wanted to go to florida and the coaches tell you, "no you are going to San diego instead". Great from the coaches perspective if you have 25 kids to choose from, but if you are not a top 5 player probably tough to deal with until you are committed. After that you can just leave if you are not happy.

Comment

Any info on this club for my 10 year old son.
                    where do you live?

Comment

I have spoken to a few sets of parents. CFC is having some kids go to some showcases and others go to different ones. Not sure how it works if you as a player wanted to go to florida and the coaches tell you, "no you are going to San diego instead". Great from the coaches perspective if you have 25 kids to choose from, but if you are not a top 5 player probably tough to deal with until you are committed. After that you can just leave if you are not happy.
                      ECNL tournaments are where the girls want to go. Showcase Tournaments are for the left overs that were not asked to play in the ECNL tournaments. Pecking order has been established. I also dont believe that the CFC coaches know how to manage rosters this size. How are they going to keep everyone happy? Even if your kid starts, you may end up playing less than 50% of the game.

Soccerplus would be smart to keep their rosters at 18. If CFC United players start to leave they will take some of there friends with them, which could be some good opportunites for SP. Also U14s may choose SP if rosters are at 18 vs CFC at 26

Watch out for Yankee next year

Comment

?

What CT U17 ECNL team has 30+ players?

Comment

What CT U17 ECNL team has 30+ players?
                          He was referring to Soccerplus. I dont know if it is true but if it is why go play for ECNL club?

Comment

ECNL tournaments are where the girls want to go. Showcase Tournaments are for the left overs that were not asked to play in the ECNL tournaments. Pecking order has been established. I also dont believe that the CFC coaches know how to manage rosters this size. How are they going to keep everyone happy? Even if your kid starts, you may end up playing less than 50% of the game.

Soccerplus would be smart to keep their rosters at 18. If CFC United players start to leave they will take some of there friends with them, which could be some good opportunites for SP. Also U14s may choose SP if rosters are at 18 vs CFC at 26

Watch out for Yankee next year
                            Summing up comments on various threads:

1 - Yankee is not the place to be because Yankee is not in ECNL.
                            2 - CFC United is not the place to be because its rosters are too large; and
                            3 - SP is not the place to be because its teams are ECNL B Division bottom dwellers.

The choice seems clearcut to me. LOL

Comment

Summing up comments on various threads:

1 - Yankee is not the place to be because Yankee is not in ECNL.
                              2 - CFC United is not the place to be because its rosters are too large; and
                              3 - SP is not the place to be because its teams are ECNL B Division bottom dwellers.

The choice seems clearcut to me. LOL
                              Go play for Stars of Mass?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X