Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SoccerPlus CT

SOCCERPLUS enters 5-year partnership with ADVANCED (ASTC)
    SOCCERPLUS CT NEW WINTER HOME

Advanced SportsPlex & Training Center (ASTC) will enhance the club’s ability to fulfill its mission and will provide a winter training home for SPCT. The 38,000 sq. foot state-of-the-art facility in Middletown will feature a no-rubber in-fill Puregrass® next generation turf. There will be a separate 10,000 sq. foot training area for speed & agility, warm-up as well as batting cages and a 40 yard running track.

Aside from on-the-field training, ASTC will be home to SoccerPlus CT’s Sports Psychology Program, our Speed and Agility Programming powered by Parisi and space for team meetings and club gatherings.

The facility will open January of 2012 and SPCT teams will train in the facility from the beginning of January through the end of February before heading back outside.
    Read the Full Press Release

Wait a second. What happened to not playing indoor??? This is a 180 of epic proportions.

What a fabulous business model they have going on over there....break away from paying to rent space at FSA, lose 100's of players in the process, 2 years later, now back PAYING RENT for indoor. Who is in charge over there? Who thought it made sense to leave FSA in the 1st place if this is where they are now? I actually agreed with them leaving FSA after I heard how much they paid to rent the space.

Comment

This is no FSA. Multi sport facility, emphasis on multi, baseball, lax, etc with 100'x200' soccer field. Good location. Rent probably fits with what the club can afford.

Comment

Seems like a lot of different sports fighting for one field. Hope soccerplus prepaid alot of field rental time to fit their teams and clinics

Comment

I thought their new model was no indoor soccer to give the kids time to recover. They had quite a few teams indoors playing at FSA this year now they have their own space...at least this new alliance makes sense for their current players...maybe they can form an alliance with Middletown Magic...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            I thought their new model was no indoor soccer to give the kids time to recover. They had quite a few teams indoors playing at FSA this year now they have their own space...at least this new alliance makes sense for their current players...maybe they can form an alliance with Middletown Magic...
            Their "model" went out the window when this place became available.

Comment

WHAT! You mean there already isn't a CFC MAGIC. How did this get passed the by the CFC NATION. Who fell asleep at the wheel? Someone needs to be held accountable for this financial opportunity oversight! Go Soccerplusct Magic

Comment

Let's be honest here, the SPCT philosophy is whatever they needed on the day. They fed all their parents and players the "outside" only club because that is all they had. How many remember how hard they pushed for indoor this and indoor that while at FSA? Whatever model best fits their current situation is what they go with. Not sure who to laugh at, the SPCT Directors for all their BS or the parents who stuck around believing all the BS.

Best wishes to a February in CT without any snow so that SPCT can continue on being the "Premier Outdoor Club" in New England!

Comment

Seems like a lot of different sports fighting for one field. Hope soccerplus prepaid alot of field rental time to fit their teams and clinics
                  SP website says they made a 5 year commitment

Comment

5 yrs or until they stop paying their bills which ever comes first...

Comment

Where does soccerplus call home for their outdoor currently?

Comment

They still play some games in Farmington where they pay at Tunxis and lots of renting field turf in meriden. Rent, rent and more rent. They own nothing. They rented for 5-6 years at FSA pay and basically paid the mortgage and have squadouche to show for it. Now they have another 5 year agreement which after 10 total years - fsa and middletown combined -of paying out well over 1 million dollars what will they have to show. bad business is an understatement. On the bright side at least someone figured out that what they have been doing the past 2 years wasn't really working and decided to eat some crow and start over.

Comment

Do you really think what they paid at FSA paid their mortgage off? Soccerplus has been missed managed from the time Tony Sr left to go to the Breakers. They have had more directors directing other directors than spending the money to get something that is their own. You would have to think with all the contacts Tony Sr has that someone would help back the club, but who wants to back something that is bleeding money and has no direction. Hopefully now that Tony Sr has some free time the Soccerplus can get back to where they once were.

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered
                            Why in the world would anyone with a solid player want them to be on either CFC or SoccerPlus when you have a real juggernaut like Oakwood? Just don't understand the logic.

Just a thought. Oakwood carries 22 players on their roster. At a minimum, 4 are only training and not included for games or tournaments. I would think that the entire Oakwood lineup for the most part is solid. So for my daughter, who is also a very solid player to break into a lineup of already solid players, would be very difficult, unless she was already a regional player. As for me, I would want my daughter on a team where she would see very good play time. Even though she is very good, I can't be certain that would happen at Oakwood. If one's daughter is on this team and not going to games and tournaments, do you think they might be thinking about a switch because of that. That only makes the other teams better. Same thinking applies to any team carrying a larger roster including the Stars. If i'm spending significant amounts of money, wouldn't I want my kid to play. Playing on a weaker team in ecnl I think does more for her than sitting or not playing on a juggernaut. If there is movement, I think the teams like Soccerplus or whoever stand to gain. IMO.

Taken from the Mass u14 girls thread.

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered
                              Why in the world would anyone with a solid player want them to be on either CFC or SoccerPlus when you have a real juggernaut like Oakwood? Just don't understand the logic.

Just a thought. Oakwood carries 22 players on their roster. At a minimum, 4 are only training and not included for games or tournaments. I would think that the entire Oakwood lineup for the most part is solid. So for my daughter, who is also a very solid player to break into a lineup of already solid players, would be very difficult, unless she was already a regional player. As for me, I would want my daughter on a team where she would see very good play time. Even though she is very good, I can't be certain that would happen at Oakwood. If one's daughter is on this team and not going to games and tournaments, do you think they might be thinking about a switch because of that. That only makes the other teams better. Same thinking applies to any team carrying a larger roster including the Stars. If i'm spending significant amounts of money, wouldn't I want my kid to play. Playing on a weaker team in ecnl I think does more for her than sitting or not playing on a juggernaut. If there is movement, I think the teams like Soccerplus or whoever stand to gain. IMO.

Taken from the Mass u14 girls thread.
                              Oakwood 14's have 22 listed, the other girls rosters are 18 or less.

Love the way parents have it all figured out. You want to improve? Play with and against better players. If your child can make it on to a higher level team, what makes you think she won't improve once she's there especially if she's 14? Good coaching helps too.
                              If being on a top team is just your idea and not you daughter's then it could be a disaster.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X