Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reality

Here's reality folks. My kid played on a HS team that won several district championships and one state championship during her 4 years. Of the seniors on the team her last year, 4 of the 5 played on the top club teams at the time. They all have now graduated from college with 4 of 5 having played in college at some level. Now that they have been out in the world here's what the future holds for your little Mias when all is said and done. Four of the 5 are expecting all within a 2 month span. Prenancy can be contagious, I guess.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here's reality folks. My kid played on a HS team that won several district championships and one state championship during her 4 years. Of the seniors on the team her last year, 4 of the 5 played on the top club teams at the time. They all have now graduated from college with 4 of 5 having played in college at some level. Now that they have been out in the world here's what the future holds for your little Mias when all is said and done. Four of the 5 are expecting all within a 2 month span. Prenancy can be contagious, I guess.
    My brother won his High School state championship years back. Top club player. All American in College, etc. What's he doing now? Pharmaceutical sales.

Don't get me wrong... From what I know, he has great memories and wouldn't change anything... It's just a reminder to keep things in perspective.

Comment

For what its worth.
      A friend of ours kid just back back from playing in Arizona at the club national championships. They said their child had a blast and is much happier than if they went to their second or third college choice to play soccer at the varsity level.
      Another friends child is running track at a D1 school but was injured, probably red shirt this year, but could be career ending .
      You just never know what the future brings

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X