Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I am thankful for

* That my daughter understood that playing soccer was about the journey and not the destination
    * That I figured that out by the time she was a u14
    * That she was an average club soccer player for most of her years and that by struggling on the field that she became a better and more determined player
    * That she set athletic goals based upon her teams performance and not her own
    * I am thankful that club soccer taught her how to play the game
    * That HS soccer and sports taught her how to be a leader and that team success was far more rewarding than personal success
    * That she was able to play a few years of mid level D3 college soccer
    * That she understood that her education was the most important thing
    * That she emerged from soccer without an ACL injury
    * That I never paid for plyometrics and that I will rarely hear that word again
    * For the good coaches that she had
    * That her douche bag coaches were fired and are now out of the game
    * For the officials who take so much abuse yet keep their heads held high and that dignify the game by their patience and tolerance when surrounded by utter morons who neither understand the game or the role that it plays in our lives
    * For the team managers who have to deal with these douche bags on a daily basis with a smile on their faces
    * That a soccer field is nearly two acres in size which allowed me to carve out my own little niche of nirvanna on a sunny day
    * That I never have to hear boot it or send it again
    * For parents who watch games and cheer with sportsmanship for both teams
    * For the friends my daughter made playing soccer both on her team and opposing teams
    * That I had only one child
    * That youth sports will always be more important and more powerful than the parents who try to pervert it
    * That my wife attended all the games with me and that she stopped me from throttling the parent on my daughters U11 MAPLE team that told my daughter she sucked as a goalie because she gave up 4 goals in her half.
    * That car keys are tougher than a BMW's clear coat......
    * That my wife didn't see that little act of retribution

Very nicely done! Thank you, from the father of a 14 year old soccer player.

Comment

Originally posted by Revs View Post
      Very nicely done! Thank you, from the father of a 14 year old soccer player.
      Hopefully not the owner of that BMW.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X