Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worcester Thugs

Another shining example of good sportsmanship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iej0Pum3oXs

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Interesting the one arrest made was a Ludlow fan............

Comment

I have to say after looking at the video thst the ref should have gave a red card to the goalie for showing and using both cleats on the Worcester N. Player, plan and simple. I do not live in any of those towns but fair is fair. Just because the other team had black players does not mean they should call the game that way.

Comment

WOW nice way to ruin a post I agreed with by throwing in the race card. I honestly think the goalie's action was deserving of a red card. Not sure of the reason the worcester player got a card though because I can't see anything but I'll look at it again.

Comment

WOW nice way to ruin a post I agreed with by throwing in the race card. I honestly think the goalie's action was deserving of a red card. Not sure of the reason the worcester player got a card though because I can't see anything but I'll look at it again.

Well, I don't blame the Worcester N. Players being upset that the goalie did not get a card and they refs are to be blamed.

Comment

This thing has been beaten to death. Pretty much a glorified
            Pocketbook fight. Time to move on.

Comment

Well, I don't blame the Worcester N. Players being upset that the goalie did not get a card and they refs are to be blamed.
              Of course it's the ref's fault. Someone else must be blamed for others bad behavior. You're a moron.

Comment

This has been beaten to death, at least the ending, and nothing is going to change the fact that Ludlow is again state champs. Remarkable accomplishment really.

But the title of this thread is a little much, especially given that it does play on stereotypes and is based on a very small amount of data from a very short video clip. I mean, I'm assuming the Ludlow Lions are not the "Ludlow Angels" (in contrast to Worcester Thugs). Maybe the game was chippy from beginning to end. In the video of the game there appears to be a fairly aggressive challenge on the Worcester GK. I'm guessing there was quite a bit of trash-talking during the game, and I'm guessing Ludlow, at least, gave as good as they got. And whether the Ludlow GK should have received a yellow or red or whatever, he did not use the best judgment retaliating at that point in the game with his team clinging to a 1 goal lead.

Comment

In another thread, there were questions as to whether or not Ludlow players had earned red-cards in the state semi-final match, however, these red-cards, after discussion with the Ludlow coach were rescinded. Do I have inaccurate facts???

Comment

Interesting the one arrest made was a Ludlow fan............
                    The Ludlow parent that was arrested should be ashamed of himself, He is known to tell his kids to play dirty as well as his wife ...who is the parent here? Grow up!

Comment

IMO this clip only shows the contact between the Worcester striker and the Ludlow GK was nothing. The fact that the GK kicked out means he should have been carded.

BTW there was some contact between the Worcester GK and a Ludlow player at about the 25 second mark which actually looks a little more intense (watch the GK's head snap back), but the difference was the GK didn't react by striking out at the Ludlow player.

Sorry, Ludlow, this incident tarnishes your state championship, because your keeper should have been ejected and shouldn't have been playing in the finals.

Comment

IMO this clip only shows the contact between the Worcester striker and the Ludlow GK was nothing. The fact that the GK kicked out means he should have been carded.

BTW there was some contact between the Worcester GK and a Ludlow player at about the 25 second mark which actually looks a little more intense (watch the GK's head snap back), but the difference was the GK didn't react by striking out at the Ludlow player.

Sorry, Ludlow, this incident tarnishes your state championship, because your keeper should have been ejected and shouldn't have been playing in the finals.
                        The MIAA doesn't think there is a problem. Guaranteed. You had a Sutton official in the middle for their state semi game (always happens during the tournament boys and girls.............didn't affect the outcome of the game this time). What this is called is incompetent assigning and it needs to be fixed. Average age of the officials for the North/Ludlow game was at least 60+. No idea who the guy was in the middle but the linesman were 65+. Sorry but it is not coaching. How do you expect guys that old to keep up with athletic 14-18 year old boys.

Comment

The MIAA doesn't think there is a problem. Guaranteed. You had a Sutton official in the middle for their state semi game (always happens during the tournament boys and girls.............didn't affect the outcome of the game this time). What this is called is incompetent assigning and it needs to be fixed. Average age of the officials for the North/Ludlow game was at least 60+. No idea who the guy was in the middle but the linesman were 65+. Sorry but it is not coaching. How do you expect guys that old to keep up with athletic 14-18 year old boys.
                          Huh? It didn't affect the outcome of the game? Sure it did. North is down 1-0 with 2 minutes left and the keeper should have been sent off. I watched a NEPSAC semi final go into OT when a goal was scored with under 2 minutes left in the game. I watched the same thing happen at college games this fall with only 45 seconds remaining on the clock.

Comment

I agree with this poster's position about ref assignments. We also drew refs who clearly could not keep up with the speed of play on the field at the playoff level. It's unfair to the players to draw such referees - how can they possible make an accurate off sides call when they're much further back than the actual play, etc...? Is there a short supply of younger refs?

Comment

Thug = black on TS. Seen it many times. I didn't watch the video. Didn't have to.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X