Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter Training Recomendations??

Any training recomendations for High School girls who opt to only play soccer?
    Catz?
    Parisi?
    Gym workouts?
    club clinics?
    Another sport just to stay in shape???

where are you located

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      where are you located

in my living room

Comment

CATZ does a great job but you could probably get the same results for a fraction of the cost doing indoor track if you have a good track coach. I would recommend playing basketball also due to having similiar spacing but use different muscles. My daughter work on fast feet all winter to get ready for the club spring season. She has a ladder and hurdles that we set up in the basement. She also does 30 to 45 minutes a day of fast feet with a soccer ball with minimium rest.

My daughter plays basketball and works on her own. We used CATZ for about 6 sessions to get a good workout routine.

Comment

Generic stength and flexibility training.
          The is especially important between the ages of 13 and 16 when the bones grow faster than the muscles accommodate.

Cross Fit
          CATZ
          andy physical therapy place near your house has a person who will instruct

Comment

in my living room
            OP here - we are NE Boston on the NH border.

Comment

Parisi at Cedardale health club in Haverhill. They have both speed training
              and strength training. No long term commitment. You buy a series of
              10 and use them at their recommendation. She should do something
              a min of 2x per week for strength and injury prevention. Make sure
              you specify off season training. For under 14 many clinics offered by
              local clubs footskills, etc.

Comment

Any training recomendations for High School girls who opt to only play soccer?
                Catz?
                Parisi?
                Gym workouts?
                club clinics?
                Another sport just to stay in shape???
                Does you daughter's club train during the winter?

My biggest concern would be injury prevention, especially of those knees. Find the program that focuses on that. There use to be a place in Peabody that the Salem State women's coach, Nichole Woods, was involved that offered a good injury prevention program for soccer players.

Comment

OP here.
                  Thanks everyone. I think we will check out Cedardale as that is closest. Maybe talk to the Catz people too.

I googled both CATZ and Parisi but couldn't find much in the way of reviews and if it really worked, so thanks for the info

Agree with previous poster, inujury prevention (esp knee's) is most important to me, but speed, agility and core strength is what she is after.

Thanks again.

Comment

OP here.
                    Thanks everyone. I think we will check out Cedardale as that is closest. Maybe talk to the Catz people too.

I googled both CATZ and Parisi but couldn't find much in the way of reviews and if it really worked, so thanks for the info

Agree with previous poster, inujury prevention (esp knee's) is most important to me, but speed, agility and core strength is what she is after.

Thanks again.
                    CATZ provide some great training, I presume their Wilmington location is the one closest to you?

I can't speak for Parisi but I've heard some positive things so I don't think you could go wrong with either option.

Comment

CATZ does a great job of injury prevention, strength work, agility and many sports specific workouts. My daughter loved it and I was impressed by the things she was doing. We also have used a personal trainer for a place called Fitness Together. They have them all over the state. You would have to check it out and see if you like the trainers there, but we were lucky enough to come across a great trainer who really tailored my daughters workouts towards soccer and injury prevention. She loved her trainer, but it started to get a little pricey so it depends how much money you are willing to shell out.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X