Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about MA State Cups

I new to soccer and I am a bit confused about how the various leagues funnel up to qualify for a State Cup, if there is such a thing (or is that associated with HS play and not club play). Also, at what age group does Andre Cup, Irwin Cup, States, etc come into play. Are those championships related, all independent? Any light you can shed is greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I new to soccer and I am a bit confused about how the various leagues funnel up to qualify for a State Cup, if there is such a thing (or is that associated with HS play and not club play). Also, at what age group does Andre Cup, Irwin Cup, States, etc come into play. Are those championships related, all independent? Any light you can shed is greatly appreciated.
    State Cup is run by Mass Youth, and starts at U13.

Andre Cup and Irwin Cup are run by MAPLE and have nothing to do with State Cup.

State Cup play is independent of league, except that you have to play in a qualifying league to qualify for State Cup.

The only way league play and Irwin Cup come into play is with State Cup seeding. The State Cup committee uses MAPLE, NEP, other leagues to seed the teams at State Cup, and usually the Irwin Cup final four get automatic bids into the round robin at State Cup. That might change though with a couple of the better teams in NEP.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    Working...
    X