Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about MAPLE relegation

Trying to understand the MAPLE relegation process. Someone told me that the top 2 teams from each division move up and the bottom 2 move down. Is that correct? Does it apply at all age groups?

Depends on age group.

U11 - top 1-2 teams from each division will create the top division, then each division will be formed under that, with the exception of the red/white divisions where teams delcared they were weaker and didn't want to be in the top divisions.

U12 - Divisions go from 10-8 teams, so the league really shifts a lot. The league can make more discretionary changes. In the blue division, you usually lose the bottom four teams and bring up the top 2. The other divisions are more random, but it's usually 4-5 teams who drop and 1-2 teams who move up. As new teams enter, that can more dramatically effect things, and some teams will be moving to 8v8 for the spring.

U13/U14 - Things are strictly regulated by the MAPLE constitution - http://www.maplesoccer.com/default/a...nstitution.doc

Comment

I sure hope the clown from Southwick who knows everything is taking a look at this.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I sure hope the clown from Southwick who knows everything is taking a look at this.
        I'd like to hear the story!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Depends on age group.

U11 - top 1-2 teams from each division will create the top division, then each division will be formed under that, with the exception of the red/white divisions where teams delcared they were weaker and didn't want to be in the top divisions.

U12 - Divisions go from 10-8 teams, so the league really shifts a lot. The league can make more discretionary changes. In the blue division, you usually lose the bottom four teams and bring up the top 2. The other divisions are more random, but it's usually 4-5 teams who drop and 1-2 teams who move up. As new teams enter, that can more dramatically effect things, and some teams will be moving to 8v8 for the spring.

U13/U14 - Things are strictly regulated by the MAPLE constitution - http://www.maplesoccer.com/default/a...nstitution.doc

Thank you, this is very helpful.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X