Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parents who suck the life out of a team

Next time you are looking for someone to blame for your team's record...forget about the coach, the team manager, the other players, etc.., and take a long hard look in the mirror.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Next time you are looking for someone to blame for your team's record...forget about the coach, the team manager, the other players, etc.., and take a long hard look in the mirror.
    You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here.

Comment

Oh no not another Scorpions U12 boys thread!!!! Please stop.

Comment

Wow you people are nuts.

Comment

HA, this covers about every small team. I understand all of the above can be bad but the sidelines is absolutely crazy sometimes.

Comment

That's what I'm doing. As soon as I figure out a the club's inadequacies I go to work. LOL. No seriously.

Comment

Don't forget high school teams. One of the most notorious just got knocked out.

Comment

Ouchies! That really hurts.

Comment

Having "that parent" who poisons the whole team is a choice--you can stay on that team or move on. There are plenty of good teams out there--big clubs, small clubs-doesn't matter. In my experience it is actually the coach(s) that allow a parent or parents to get out of control with the bad mouthing of all things other than their own perfect super star child. If you have a poison parent ont he team-move on. You will be pleasantly suprised when you no longer have to deal with the antics of that parent.

Comment

Having "that parent" who poisons the whole team is a choice--you can stay on that team or move on. There are plenty of good teams out there--big clubs, small clubs-doesn't matter. In my experience it is actually the coach(s) that allow a parent or parents to get out of control with the bad mouthing of all things other than their own perfect super star child. If you have a poison parent ont he team-move on. You will be pleasantly suprised when you no longer have to deal with the antics of that parent.
                    These people are the exception, not the rule. They can also be shut down. Threaten to kick their player off the team if they don't stop the poison. This threat works best in a large, prestigious club with a deep, very competitive pool of talent. I have seen this work. It is amazing how polite these people can become after they have been racked over the coals by the coach of a team they are dying to keep their player on.

Comment

These people are the exception, not the rule. They can also be shut down. Threaten to kick their player off the team if they don't stop the poison. This threat works best in a large, prestigious club with a deep, very competitive pool of talent. I have seen this work. It is amazing how polite these people can become after they have been racked over the coals by the coach of a team they are dying to keep their player on.
                      Okay but how do you do it at the high school level?

Comment

Most excellent reply as this is 100% true. If there is no club support to stop it then move on.

Comment

Most excellent reply as this is 100% true. If there is no club support to stop it then move on.
                          It is impossible to escape lunatic parents. Every club has at least a couple. My Mia's going to get a free ride to college, my Mia's going to the olympics. Your kid is better than my kid so I hate your kid and will point out any mistekes she makes. These nutcases are everywhere... There is no escape except not to play club. I recall within the last year team X won their division in a highly regarded tournament. All the nice TS people could do is reply is that it really did not matter, it wasn't the top division. These are KIDS. For parents entering club soccer for the first time, you are in for an experience. Oh yes, one last thought, every club parent will gladly point out OTHER clubs crazy parents but will rarely take a look in the mirror.

Comment

Disagree

If there is a problem with a parent and everyone is aware of it talk to the coach. Teaching your kid to run away from things when they are not going the way you expect them to isn't the right thing either. The problem with society today is just that. We are teaching our kids to run from problems instead of facing them and learning to deal with them. Take off on your teammates and coach who probably really depend on you because there is 1 parent who you are unhappy with. Move away from this parent or confront them yourself. If the coach doesn't address it tell the coach that you are thinking of moving to another club because of it. I am sure the coach would not want to lose a great parent and player over a trouble making parent and that may be enough for the coach to get the DOR of coaching involved.

Comment

Move on?

What happen to having a mind of your own and not letting what the poisonous parent has to say change your mind. Are we parents so weak today that we can not stick up for what is right or for our coaches because we are afraid of confrontation with an unhappy parent. If you are happy with the club your child plays on and is doing well with the team and the coach is great why in the world would you move onto another club. These type of parents are manipulating and want good players to leave so their kid will be the star. I do not agree with leaving a team because of an unhappy parent. You will find a parent like that on every team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X