Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heaps new Revs coach

Hard to believe they couldn't have come up with a better choice.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hard to believe they couldn't have come up with a better choice.
    Geez, wasn't Rusty Pierce available?

Comment

Really? nothing on their website

Comment

I hope this is a joke!

Comment

I hope this is a joke!
          This is true. Gonk parents are complaining to the Revs about it.

Comment

Woefully unimpressive choice. This organization is shockingly incestuous....I wonder who the other 11 "losers" were?

Comment

It's official

http://www.revolutionsoccer.net/news...new-head-coach

Comment

The Old Revs consisted of Steve Nicol running the show, coaching and deciding on the players to bring in. Burns sat in his office doing Sudoku. Bilello was the C-Zero-O, doing all kinds of things, most of them not related to the Revs. Gulati was the figurehead, and represented the Krafts at MLS and SUM meetings. Depending on who you believe, he either had nothing to do with the day-to-day ops, or a lot, or something in between.

The New Revs have Jay Heaps coaching, and more than likely, the same assistants that were under Nicol. He won't have the control over player selection Nicol had, and that responsibility shifts to Burns. The C-Zero-O is now the President, and while the press release says that he is only focused on the Revs, someone here who is generally pretty reliable and knows people at the Patriots Pro Shop says that Bilello is still very much involved.

Yeah, that's really going to turn things around. I bet the first order of business is to re-sign Shalrie Joseph to a fat contract that is great for him, but will hamstring the club in their attempts to sign other quality players that they desperately need at this point. This organization values familiarity and continuity over anything from the external world, regardless of success.

Comment

I coudn't find any information on his coaching experience or licenses..Oh Wait he has none

Comment

How are the Revs going to take it to the "next" level, when Heaps has only played at the MLS level. One appearance with the USMNT doesn't make the man an elite player. An average player in a poor league and now he's at the helm. Not a good choice! I would have preferred Brian McBride or matbe Kasey Keller. At least they've played the game at the level we should be aspiring to.

Comment

All we are saying is

Give HEAPS a chance

Comment

How are the Revs going to take it to the "next" level, when Heaps has only played at the MLS level. One appearance with the USMNT doesn't make the man an elite player. An average player in a poor league and now he's at the helm. Not a good choice! I would have preferred Brian McBride or matbe Kasey Keller. At least they've played the game at the level we should be aspiring to.
                        There is no correlation between playing ability and coaching - see José Mourinho, but Heaps is a surprising choice because he doesn't have any coaching experience at all.

Comment

There is no correlation between playing ability and coaching - see José Mourinho, but Heaps is a surprising choice because he doesn't have any coaching experience at all.
                          I only offered the alternatives if the past player route was the way they were looking to go. At least McBride or Keller had lots of expeience playing and being coached at a much higher level than Heaps. Certainly there are lots of quality coaches with little/no playing experience. Personally, I would've liked to see Vinnie Jones give up acting and take a crack at coaching the Revs

Comment

Neither did Jason Kreis; RSL is doing ok...

Comment

Neither did Jason Kreis; RSL is doing ok...
                              and many others:

Sporting Kansas City (Peter Vermes), Chivas USA (Robin Fraser), Chicago (Frank Klopas), D.C. United (Ben Olsen), Portland (John Spencer), and Montreal (Jesse Marsch).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X