• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont like the isl

i don't like the isl because im not rich

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    i don't like the isl because im not rich
    I don't live within 50 miles of an ISL school, but I do enjoy following the drama described on T-S. The league has many great players, both girls and boys, from a wide range of socioeconomic backgrounds. To a distant observer such as myself, it appears that ISL scholarships for soccer often bring players into excellent academic environments to which they otherwise might not have access.

Comment

I don't live within 50 miles of an ISL school, but I do enjoy following the drama described on T-S. The league has many great players, both girls and boys, from a wide range of socioeconomic backgrounds. To a distant observer such as myself, it appears that ISL scholarships for soccer often bring players into excellent academic environments to which they otherwise might not have access.
      The ISL has soccer scholarships? But it's Daddy, the NESCAC, doesn't?

Comment

the league has good players. maybe one or two great players.
        they're obviously expected to be a little good at least because they're parents are shelling out 50-60 grand a year for school and probably 6-7k a year for soccer.

That's a lot of money just to get into a D3 NESCAC school don't you think?

Comment

the league has good players. maybe one or two great players.
          they're obviously expected to be a little good at least because they're parents are shelling out 50-60 grand a year for school and probably 6-7k a year for soccer.

That's a lot of money just to get into a D3 NESCAC school don't you think?

If you have the money....and want to spend it on your kids.....the kudos for you.

I am a public school parent and don't have the money to shell out for private school. I wish I had that kind of money, but still don't know that I would send my kid to private school. We live in a town with good schools and have the opportunity for your student to take tough classes in high school.

With that said, I respect those that have worked to earn big dollars and see their right to do whatever they want with it, whether it be buying the expensive luxury car, fancy home (or two), or sending their kids to the best school they can with hopes of helping them along in their future....and their families future......even if it means that they go to a NESCAC school.....all of which are great schools.

I don't see why people come on to this site to be negative about ISL kids and their families. However, there are a host of kids at the iSL schools that are there on scholarship either for academics or athletics. Many of the latter contribute to the success of the ISL programs.

What we will never know is how the ISL champs match up with the public school champs. I suspect that it would be a great game and would enjoy watching that one..except that when it finally gets played it would be December........only the DAP teams are dumb enough to have games that far out.

Comment

If you have the money....and want to spend it on your kids.....the kudos for you.

I am a public school parent and don't have the money to shell out for private school. I wish I had that kind of money, but still don't know that I would send my kid to private school. We live in a town with good schools and have the opportunity for your student to take tough classes in high school.

With that said, I respect those that have worked to earn big dollars and see their right to do whatever they want with it, whether it be buying the expensive luxury car, fancy home (or two), or sending their kids to the best school they can with hopes of helping them along in their future....and their families future......even if it means that they go to a NESCAC school.....all of which are great schools.

I don't see why people come on to this site to be negative about ISL kids and their families. However, there are a host of kids at the iSL schools that are there on scholarship either for academics or athletics. Many of the latter contribute to the success of the ISL programs.

What we will never know is how the ISL champs match up with the public school champs. I suspect that it would be a great game and would enjoy watching that one..except that when it finally gets played it would be December........only the DAP teams are dumb enough to have games that far out.
            ISL girl parents complain that their players have to play club to make varsity. This would not generally be a complaint in public HS. The concentration of talent is higher in the ISL. That doesn't mean that there aren't exceptional public HS teams that couldn't beat top ISL teams. That just means that in general the best ISL teams are better.

Comment

The ISL has soccer scholarships? But it's Daddy, the NESCAC, doesn't?
              Top players who qualify academically for NESCAC schools and are financially deserving are taken care of.

Comment

Top players who qualify academically for NESCAC schools and are financially deserving are taken care of.
                Absolutely. No pay if you can back it up on the field and can handle the school work. They may not give "scholarships" but they can make it so you do not pay or pay next to nothing.

Comment

I've been to some NESCAC games and, let's just say, they don't appear to be teeming with these kinds of kids.

Comment

I've been to some NESCAC games and, let's just say, they don't appear to be teeming with these kinds of kids.
                    I second this.

Comment

Today is Veteran's Day

Just wanted to take a moment to thank all our Veterans out there.

Thank you for your service!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X