X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalkeeper Training in MA

Hi!!

Keeperstop will once again be running several indoor goalkeeper camps throughout the Winter months in Mansfield and Boston. We have two fantastic locations at the Mansfield Sports Plex and Boston Athletic Club. The training sessions are age specific and ran by qualified goalkeeper coaches, including NCAA division 1 goalkeeper coaches and ex professional goalkeepers from Europe.

Please take some time to review the exteded information listed in the following links:

https://www.keeperstop.com/training.php?courseid=17

https://www.keeperstop.com/training.php?courseid=24

These sessions fill up fast every year so get in early to secure your goalkeepers spot.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments at:

goalkeeper@keeperstop.com
    www.keeperstop.com
    Last edited by Keeperstop; 11-09-2011, 12:46 PM.

Has anyone attended this training in the past and can offer an opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Has anyone attended this training in the past and can offer an opinion?
      My older daughter has had private instruction from Christian and has also attended a few
      of his clinics when he use to be out at John Smith. She has had many keeper coaches over the years but she will be the first to tell you that Christian was the best.

Comment

My older daughter has had private instruction from Christian and has also attended a few
        of his clinics when he use to be out at John Smith. She has had many keeper coaches over the years but she will be the first to tell you that Christian was the best.
        I can second this. Both mine have trained with Christian. He does a great job, particularly with female keepers. He is a devote of Dan Gaspar (SGA). Their philosophy is heavy on angles and reading the game. Results in a more aggresive style of goalkeeping which for average sized female keepers tends to work well.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. My staff and I are all very well qualified and have over 30 years of coaching experience between us. We try to incorporate all facets of goalkeeping into our training sessions, whilst also making it a fun and enjoyable learning environment for young and older keepers alike.

Comment

It is also worth noting that there will be a 30 minute strength and conditioning program being offered at the Boston Athletic Club before our training starts. This strength and conditioning program is tailored for goalkeepers and will be run by a qualified personal trainer provided by Boston Athletic Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Keeperstop View Post
              It is also worth noting that there will be a 30 minute strength and conditioning program being offered at the Boston Athletic Club before our training starts. This strength and conditioning program is tailored for goalkeepers and will be run by a qualified personal trainer provided by Boston Athletic Club.
              Do you ever do these at a later time or on Saturday mornings? My child would love to go by the timing doesn't work for us.

Comment

Do you offer anything in terms of goalkeeper training in NH? If not, is there anyone that you could recommend?

Comment

Another stellar recommendation for Christian from me.

I played college ball and Christian was certainly one of the best GK coaches that I have worked with.

Comment

I played college ball and Christian was certainly one of the best GK coaches that I have worked with.
                    My daughter is also playing college ball at a D1 school on a full scholarship. Christian was her mentor. He coached her at the now defunct Post Road club and privately after that. She also attended Dan Gaspar's Camp where Christian was a trainer. I could go on and on about what he did for my daughter but you should find out for yourself. Great Coach and an all around great guy.

Comment

Who else will be coaching these clinics? Will it just be you or are you planning on splitting the goalkeepers into groups?

Comment

In the past Christian has always had at least one other keeper trainer working with him. Usually it is another high level trainer. The coach to keeper ratio is usally quite low. Like 5-6 to 1.

Comment

Do you ever do these at a later time or on Saturday mornings? My child would love to go by the timing doesn't work for us.
                          The strength and conditioning is being provided by Boston Athletic Club at our request. Unfortunately the times are limited to what their personal trainer can offer and at the moment that is only 30 minutes before our sessions start.

Comment

Do you offer anything in terms of goalkeeper training in NH? If not, is there anyone that you could recommend?
                            Hi, We currently only work in CT, MA and NY. We do have a trainer in NH who may be able to help you:

Cindy Bennett (NH, VT) Northern NH
                            (Newbury, NH) - Is heavily involved in both the college and the youth game. She currently works for two colleges, Dartmouth College and a division III school, Colby- Sawyer College. She’s involved with many youth organization within New Hampshire including NH ODP, the Lightning Club (out of Hanover), the Hooksett club and the Londonderry club. Cindy is also the head goalkeeping coach for the u-13 Region I Regional Program. Cindy also enjoyed a level of success as a player. She won rookie of the year and goalkeeper of the year in the America East conference and had a short stint in with the u-21 national pool. Email: theoneofeleven@yahoo.com

The above info was taken from our site on the Keeperstop training page, were we have a list of qualified goalkeeper trainers across the US:
                            https://www.keeperstop.com/partners_details.php?id=13

Hope this helps!!

Comment

My daughter is also playing college ball at a D1 school on a full scholarship. Christian was her mentor. He coached her at the now defunct Post Road club and privately after that. She also attended Dan Gaspar's Camp where Christian was a trainer. I could go on and on about what he did for my daughter but you should find out for yourself. Great Coach and an all around great guy.
                              Once again, thank you for the kind words. I hope you are all doing well and hope to see you soon!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X