Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scorpions: What Went Wrong?

I'm not an expert on the history, but it seems as if the Scorpions have taken a real tragic downturn. The U17 Girls team will be great, don't get me wrong, but after that they have a slew of question marks.

As I see it, the club started out with a bunch of passionate people, a small time club, who just developed players. Then they tried to turn it into a more professional organization but hired people who didn't care about Scorpions and cared more about themselves.

Now they have inexperienced coaches in the director positions and it's not looking good for their U16 Girls team. From what I understand, if the U16 Girls team doesn't go forward it could jeopardize Scorpions place in the ECNL.

What the hell happened? Would Scorpions be better off going to volunteer coaches who actually care about the players?

All great civilizations collapse and club soccer is no different. Just wait it will happen to the Stars eventually.

Comment

Didn't you 2 guys try an identical thread to this one a few months ago? Really pathetic. Jealous that the high school tournament is getting so much pub? No worries. Your players will be on the high school scene in another 8-10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I'm not an expert on the history, but it seems as if the Scorpions have taken a real tragic downturn. The U17 Girls team will be great, don't get me wrong, but after that they have a slew of question marks.

As I see it, the club started out with a bunch of passionate people, a small time club, who just developed players. Then they tried to turn it into a more professional organization but hired people who didn't care about Scorpions and cared more about themselves.

Now they have inexperienced coaches in the director positions and it's not looking good for their U16 Girls team. From what I understand, if the U16 Girls team doesn't go forward it could jeopardize Scorpions place in the ECNL.

What the hell happened? Would Scorpions be better off going to volunteer coaches who actually care about the players?
        Plain and simple. A lot of people just got sick of FM, the driving force behind the club.

Comment

Who cares?

Lots of alternate choices in the club soccer game.

Comment

Plain and simple. A lot of people just got sick of FM, the driving force behind the club.
            I don't know how many people have left because of him, but on the boys side any parent I've talked to has had a very negative experience with him. Luckily the DOC, boys side directors and coaches are more customer friendly and we have very little interaction with FM. He is clearly a great coach and can lead a program, the girls success is unrivaled. But the SSC BOD should take steps to keep him in the background as much as possible and let the rest of the senior staff be the face and voice of the club

Comment

I don't know how many people have left because of him, but on the boys side any parent I've talked to has had a very negative experience with him. Luckily the DOC, boys side directors and coaches are more customer friendly and we have very little interaction with FM. He is clearly a great coach and can lead a program, the girls success is unrivaled. But the SSC BOD should take steps to keep him in the background as much as possible and let the rest of the senior staff be the face and voice of the club
              The staff on the girls side is not inspiring anybody. KC isn't well respected, and SS is just a kid with no coaching experience.

Scorpions will miss the presence of KD as she was the only coach worth anything in Braintree.

Comment

Its called the Peter principle and FM found his level.

Comment

The staff on the girls side is not inspiring anybody. KC isn't well respected, and SS is just a kid with no coaching experience.

Scorpions will miss the presence of KD as she was the only coach worth anything in Braintree.
                  And where do you presume KD is going?

Comment

TRAGIC? Really? Tragic is a 5 year old child who has Leukemia. Try to develop some perspective....

Comment

And where do you presume KD is going?
                      Why is she leaving?

Comment

Why is she leaving?
                        Burnt out, taking reduced role. Working more with Scorpions Irrelevant, I mean Scorpions West.

Comment

Burnt out, taking reduced role. Working more with Scorpions Irrelevant, I mean Scorpions West.
                          That's a loss. She's an excellent coach.

Comment

Scorpions would be in trouble if she leaves to focus entirely on the west. She announced this prior to try outs this year and there was a panic amoung the parents. The club lessoned her responsibilities to allow her more free time if she agreed to keep coaching u12 elites. The club would be smart to allow her to remain in an even more reduced role if thats what was neccessary to retain her and hope that she regains the desire to become more involved.

Comment

That's a loss. She's an excellent coach.
                              Not a loss for the West. The market there is much less saturated than on the South Shore. Seems like a good growth area potential for the Scorps. Basically where Scorps West plays, there are 2 halfway decent choices, NEFC and Scorps West which used to be ESA. Bayside is pretty good, but a tough commute for Metrowest folks. Anyone else is junk including Abbey Villa, John Smith et al.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X